GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 19:13   #326
got2hav1
Senior Member
 
got2hav1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 1,021
I posted the results in a new thread but I thought I would add them here as well. The polishing job on the extractor did not work at all on my G26. I was unable to use the same ammo so I am sure the ammo was a contributing factor, (Federal 115 gr), but the G26 sprayed my face and shoulder worse than ever today. Also I started having failures to feed.
The empties apparently are bouncing off the side of the ejection port as you can see residue from the casings on the port.
I took the extractor out of my G19 and put it in the G26 and will test it that way tomorrow. If that doesn't work I will polish the step on the original extractor and try that. If that does not work, I have a .40 extractor ordered. If that does not work she's going back to Glock.
__________________
P220N,DW Heritage
Sig P239 SAS/DAK,P225,P226
Colt Python 6",4", 2.5", Colt OMM
Colt 357
got2hav1 is offline  
Old 04-01-2012, 12:09   #327
diamondd2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 705
I have a Ge4 G19 and G23. I took the extractor out of both today. There is no difference in the extractors. There is no angle in the hook on my .40 extractor. I don't know if this is right, but this is how mine are. My 23 and 19 extract very well.
diamondd2 is offline  
Old 04-02-2012, 09:50   #328
Brickman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
Gen 4 Erratic Ejection & Stovepipes on 9mm & .40

I recently solved erratic ejections and stovepipes on my 9mm and .40 Gen 4's.
There is a design change to the ejectors. The new ejectors have an increased surface area on the ejector tip and some slightly different geometry.
Early 9mm Gen 4's are stamped 336. The new part is stamped 30274.
Early .40 Gen 4's are stamped 1882. The new part is stamped 28926.
There is no need to change the TMH.

I hope this helps anyone having the same problems I had.
Brickman is offline  
Old 04-02-2012, 17:38   #329
diamondd2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickman View Post
I recently solved erratic ejections and stovepipes on my 9mm and .40 Gen 4's.
There is a design change to the ejectors. The new ejectors have an increased surface area on the ejector tip and some slightly different geometry.
Early 9mm Gen 4's are stamped 336. The new part is stamped 30274.
Early .40 Gen 4's are stamped 1882. The new part is stamped 28926.
There is no need to change the TMH.

I hope this helps anyone having the same problems I had.



Sorry, couldn't resist.
diamondd2 is offline  
Old 04-02-2012, 23:25   #330
Tallahassee
Senior Member
 
Tallahassee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 165
I just recently purchased a Gen 3 G19. S Series serial number and test fired in December 2011. There have been no FTEs, but it has spit brass back at me a few times (3 or 4 today out of 150 rounds at the range), has ejected to the left, and even forwards. It isn't consistent when I manually cycle the slide with dummy rounds, either. It does appear to be getting better as I shoot it more, but this is a bit annoying.

I've detail stripped the slide a few times. The extractor seems to be wearing in to where it looks like some pictures of the ones that have been taken to a stone. As of today I have 410 rounds through it. 150 rounds of Remington UMC 115 gr, 250 rounds of Federal 115 gr, and 10 reloads.

I just ordered a Gen 4 trigger housing with the 30274 ejector, and I ordered a new carbon steel extractor. I'm going to try replacing the extractor and ejector one at a time, and if that doesn't work I'll take the original ejector to a stone. I'll keep you guys updated with my progress. Thanks everyone for such a great and helpful thread, hopefully I can contribute something that will help others.
Tallahassee is offline  
Old 04-02-2012, 23:44   #331
Rollbar
Minister-KF7JKO
 
Rollbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nevada
Posts: 94
Question, does anyone or should you put a drop of oil in the extractor?

I detailed the slide today (after a 5hr sand storm shooting contest) and the extractor had wear marks on both sides at the opposite ends but on the flat part.

Thanks,
Jim
Rollbar is offline  
Old 04-03-2012, 17:39   #332
got2hav1
Senior Member
 
got2hav1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallahassee View Post
I just recently purchased a Gen 3 G19. S Series serial number and test fired in December 2011. There have been no FTEs, but it has spit brass back at me a few times (3 or 4 today out of 150 rounds at the range), has ejected to the left, and even forwards. It isn't consistent when I manually cycle the slide with dummy rounds, either. It does appear to be getting better as I shoot it more, but this is a bit annoying.

I've detail stripped the slide a few times. The extractor seems to be wearing in to where it looks like some pictures of the ones that have been taken to a stone. As of today I have 410 rounds through it. 150 rounds of Remington UMC 115 gr, 250 rounds of Federal 115 gr, and 10 reloads.

I just ordered a Gen 4 trigger housing with the 30274 ejector, and I ordered a new carbon steel extractor. I'm going to try replacing the extractor and ejector one at a time, and if that doesn't work I'll take the original ejector to a stone. I'll keep you guys updated with my progress. Thanks everyone for such a great and helpful thread, hopefully I can contribute something that will help others.
This is the same path I am taking. Waiting for the parts and hoping either the ejector or extractor change will fix. Mine is a Gen 3 G26 with "S" serial number as well. Filing on the extractor did help mine some. Today I averaged about 1-2 rds per magazine hitting me versus perviously about 5-6 rounds.
__________________
P220N,DW Heritage
Sig P239 SAS/DAK,P225,P226
Colt Python 6",4", 2.5", Colt OMM
Colt 357
got2hav1 is offline  
Old 04-03-2012, 23:19   #333
Tallahassee
Senior Member
 
Tallahassee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by got2hav1 View Post
This is the same path I am taking. Waiting for the parts and hoping either the ejector or extractor change will fix. Mine is a Gen 3 G26 with "S" serial number as well. Filing on the extractor did help mine some. Today I averaged about 1-2 rds per magazine hitting me versus perviously about 5-6 rounds.
Have you checked the extractor tension on your's? Mine looks a little loose, but to be fair I don't have another glock to compare it to right now.
Tallahassee is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 05:39   #334
got2hav1
Senior Member
 
got2hav1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallahassee View Post
Have you checked the extractor tension on your's? Mine looks a little loose, but to be fair I don't have another glock to compare it to right now.
yes, I even switched the extractor from my G19 into the G26 and made no difference. I think the ejector might fix mine if I can get one.
__________________
P220N,DW Heritage
Sig P239 SAS/DAK,P225,P226
Colt Python 6",4", 2.5", Colt OMM
Colt 357
got2hav1 is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 07:49   #335
153
Senior Member
 
153's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 224
Reading this thread, and based on my own expierence, it seems to me that "erratic ejection" is a combination of factors that include the extractor, ejector, ammo, magazine and prehaps even the "limp wrist".

I have watched many of the Hickok45 videos and paid particular attention to the ejection pattern on his "perfect" Glocks.

90% of the time his pistols eject to the left at 4 o'clock. But as the mag empties the cases dribble out with less force, and a couple of times a case will fly straight up or up and left.

My pistols display the same pattern. Last week, my 27 tossed one round in the middle of a mag straight up. Nothing terrible, but I was consious it happened. Prior to reading this thread, I would have ignored it.

Having a case eject into your face, or land on top of your head is a pain. But for those folks for whom this "cure" doesn't seem to work, the answer may actually lie elsewhere ...
153 is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 16:06   #336
got2hav1
Senior Member
 
got2hav1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by 153 View Post
Reading this thread, and based on my own expierence, it seems to me that "erratic ejection" is a combination of factors that include the extractor, ejector, ammo, magazine and prehaps even the "limp wrist".

I have watched many of the Hickok45 videos and paid particular attention to the ejection pattern on his "perfect" Glocks.

90% of the time his pistols eject to the left at 4 o'clock. But as the mag empties the cases dribble out with less force, and a couple of times a case will fly straight up or up and left.

My pistols display the same pattern. Last week, my 27 tossed one round in the middle of a mag straight up. Nothing terrible, but I was consious it happened. Prior to reading this thread, I would have ignored it.

Having a case eject into your face, or land on top of your head is a pain. But for those folks for whom this "cure" doesn't seem to work, the answer may actually lie elsewhere ...
I hear what your are saying and might be true in some cases. In my case I just sold a G26 gen 3 made in late 2011. I purchased it new. I took it out and loaded it up with Federal Champion and shot the crap out of it without a singe problem. I do not recall during the 4-5 months I had it being hit with a piece of brass. A friend needed a carry gun and I sold it to him.
The one I have now is its replacement. If I had a problem shooting G26s doesn't is seem logical that I would have had the same problem shooting both guns. Not to mention my G19 I have been shooting for several years.
__________________
P220N,DW Heritage
Sig P239 SAS/DAK,P225,P226
Colt Python 6",4", 2.5", Colt OMM
Colt 357
got2hav1 is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 16:27   #337
Rollbar
Minister-KF7JKO
 
Rollbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nevada
Posts: 94
My Glock 19 puts the shells at the 4-5 O'Clock position from where I stand. I'm glad so I don't have to chase the shells.

I'm still wondering if I need a drop of oil on the ejector where it pivots.
Rollbar is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 16:59   #338
dusty_dragon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 645
isn't it the extractor that's pivoting, not the ejector?
dusty_dragon is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 17:00   #339
Rollbar
Minister-KF7JKO
 
Rollbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nevada
Posts: 94
Oops!
Rollbar is offline  
Old 04-05-2012, 22:58   #340
Tallahassee
Senior Member
 
Tallahassee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 165
I changed out my ejector today. I now have a gen 3 19 with the 30274 ejector in it. I only got to put 50 rounds through it with the new ejector, but there were no more issues of brass flying back at me. I want to run a couple hundred more through it before I pat myself on the back too hard, but I think it is good to go now.
Tallahassee is offline  
Old 04-06-2012, 09:23   #341
153
Senior Member
 
153's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 224
I shot my 26 yesterday - out of 20 rounds 1 ejected straight up and another up and onto my head (didn't feel it). The erratic rounds happen so infrequently, I'm not sure how you can judge a pistol truly "cured" without shooting a thousand rounds!
153 is offline  
Old 04-06-2012, 10:51   #342
dusty_dragon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 645
that's the major problem with those glocks only ejecting 1 of 50 or so to your head, you'll never know if it is cured just by shooting 100rds, sad but true!
dusty_dragon is offline  
Old 04-06-2012, 10:55   #343
voyager4520
-----
 
voyager4520's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SE Colorado
Posts: 8,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by 153 View Post
The erratic rounds happen so infrequently, I'm not sure how you can judge a pistol truly "cured" without shooting a thousand rounds!
With my G27 I had someone watch the ejections from behind me, about 10% either went right over my head or straight up in the air and the triangular dents/scrapes on the case mouths occurred on 98% of the spent casings. After the new ejector, all ejected to the right and no casings had the dent/scrape at the case mouth. About 50% had a very tiny scrape midway down the wall of the casing, so it was pretty evident that the case mouths were properly clearing the ejection port opening after the new ejector.
__________________
G23 G27
voyager4520 is offline  
Old 04-06-2012, 11:28   #344
dusty_dragon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 645
where exactly come the dent/scrape at the case mouth from?
what do you suppose?

can the dent/scrape at the case mouth also come from feeding the rd in the chamber or can it only result from falls ejection? what does the case hit, to get the dent/scrape at the case mouth from?
dusty_dragon is offline  
Old 04-06-2012, 13:02   #345
Noponer
Senior Member
 
Noponer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty_dragon View Post
where exactly come the dent/scrape at the case mouth from?
what do you suppose?

can the dent/scrape at the case mouth also come from feeding the rd in the chamber or can it only result from falls ejection? what does the case hit, to get the dent/scrape at the case mouth from?
I've been shooting Glocks for 20 years (owned over 30 in that time). I have had a lot of dents/scrapes on the cases & did not know I had a problem.

Some guns do it worse than others... .40's more than 9mm & .45, if I remember correctly (haven't had a .40 for several years). I feel certain that the dents/scrapes are caused by the case hitting the lower edge of the ejection port.

As for erratic ejection, that happens sometimes, but it does not bother me as long as the gun keeps on feeding & spitting out the cases. However, none have hit me in the face; if they did, that would be a problem.

The only extraction problem that was serious to me was a repeated failure-to-extract from a recent Gen3 G26 with a "dip" extractor. Slight flattening & polishing the extractor's top & bottom stopped the problem.
__________________
.
"This ain't Dodge City, & you ain't Bill Hickok."
Noponer is offline  
Old 04-07-2012, 09:39   #346
voyager4520
-----
 
voyager4520's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SE Colorado
Posts: 8,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty_dragon View Post
where exactly come the dent/scrape at the case mouth from?
what do you suppose?
It comes from the case mouth of the spent casing impacting the slide just below the ejection port opening, leaving a lot of brass dust and residue on that part of the slide.

In this picture, it's the circled red area on the bottom right:
General Glocking
Quote:
can the dent/scrape at the case mouth also come from feeding the rd in the chamber...?
No. There's not enough energy involved to cause what I was seeing, and I tried loading several rounds into the chamber then manually ejecting the live rounds and they didn't have any markings on them.
__________________
G23 G27

Last edited by voyager4520; 04-07-2012 at 09:39..
voyager4520 is offline  
Old 04-07-2012, 09:56   #347
dusty_dragon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 645
thanks for the explanation, voyager, now i understand it.

got a gen.3 G19 which has exccesive brass wearmarks at the same place you circled (bottom right) on the slide and corresponding also on the square barrel root, but never an erratic ejection with it, would you suggest to change the "336" to "30274" anyway?
dusty_dragon is offline  
Old 04-07-2012, 18:23   #348
got2hav1
Senior Member
 
got2hav1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 1,021
Who has the new ejector part in stock? I have one on order with someone but it must be on backorder. If you know who has them in stock let me know. I think I need one badly.
__________________
P220N,DW Heritage
Sig P239 SAS/DAK,P225,P226
Colt Python 6",4", 2.5", Colt OMM
Colt 357
got2hav1 is offline  
Old 04-07-2012, 18:27   #349
Tallahassee
Senior Member
 
Tallahassee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty_dragon View Post
thanks for the explanation, voyager, now i understand it.

got a gen.3 G19 which has exccesive brass wearmarks at the same place you circled (bottom right) on the slide and corresponding also on the square barrel root, but never an erratic ejection with it, would you suggest to change the "336" to "30274" anyway?
If you don't reload, I wouldn't care about the wearmarks as long as it wasn't hitting me with ejected brass.

If you do feel the need to replace something, I'd start with the ejector just because it's cheaper than the extractor.
Tallahassee is offline  
Old 04-07-2012, 18:46   #350
dusty_dragon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 645
i don't reload and the G19 isn't spitting brass at me, just wanted to know where the brass markings on the slide and barrel come from, thanks
dusty_dragon is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 17:34.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,322
415 Members
907 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42