GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 19:24   #451

My main concern is consistant ejection, hopefully to the right and back and not in my face.

While my pistols have yet to toss rounds into my face, I don't want them to. If I can do some tweaks to insure that I'm willing to spend some treasure. But after spending alot of time and some treasure - without seeing any definative improvement, I plan to kick back and see if a "100% cure" really exists.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:52   #452
dusty_dragon

@ak103k:
right, no P38 shooter ;-)

it's normal that, while moving and shooting, canting the gun due to barricades etc. the brass will not always eject to the right, but i think that's not what it is about here.
the brass should eject each and every time to the right (not on a pile, but to the right), when standing still and shooting.
while running, canting etc. the shooter influences the path of the brass with his movement, while standing still and shooting, he isn't and then i expect the gun to kick all brass to the right.

Last edited by dusty_dragon; 04-21-2012 at 02:53..
Old 04-22-2012, 11:09   #453
kamonjj

Just an update, I have both the glock oem and LWD 40 extractor on order right now. I'll be testing them both back to back to see if there is any improvement.

If no improvement I'll try switching back to the 336 ejector w/all 3 extractors to see if that does anything.

I'm sitting on close to 1000 rounds right now just waiting on parts. If I find a combo that seems to work best I'll put quite a few rounds through it to make sure.

Certified Glock armorer.
Old 04-23-2012, 19:50   #454
LSglock89

I took my Gen3 26 and Gen3 19 out last week and I shot with a friend. I polished up the G26 extractor with a knife sharpening stone and left the 19 alone.

I had my buddy shoot the 19...a couple erratic ejections and one to the head...I did the same and had the same result...brass was going everywhere but one place.

Shot the 26...consistent ejection pattern, the Id say 85% of the brass was almost in a pile...buddy had the same result.

I did not tell him I made any modifications, but he noticed the difference. So I'm definitely going to polish up the G19 extractor and hope for the same result.

No problem with my Gen3 G23...that sucker tosses those cases half a mile.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:43   #455
vba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap430 View Post
I shot 200 rounds of Blazer 124gr. Ejection seems improved then it was before, it was generally to my 4 to 5 o clock. Out of the 200 rounds I had about at least 4 to 5 rounds come straight back landing between my arms extended(this generally happened on the last round of a magazine).
You know this may be a built in feature by Glock to let you know you expended the last round and need to reload.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:21   #456
brickboy240

I took my NIB 3rd gen G19 (born on date of 4/4/12) out and ran 200rds of Federal ball and 100rds of Hornady XTPs.

(pistol has the dip extractor and 336 ejector)

Everything fed and fired...no jams at all. Accuracy was good and everything went where I wanted it with a 6 o'clock hold. Was not really shooting for accuracy but function.

I had ONE empty barely graze the outside of my right elbow. That happened about 5 rounds into the first mag. After that, ejection was all out to the side and landed about 3-5 feet away. I had NOTHING come even close to my head at all.

Shocked? I was, after reading all this stuff! LOL

Does the erratic ejection start later on or is it pretty much from day one?

Did Glock maybe exercise this demon by now?

So far....I am loving this G19. It ran amazingly good.

- brickboy240
Old 04-24-2012, 10:13   #457
voyager4520
-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
Does the erratic ejection start later on or is it pretty much from day one?
It varies a lot. Some people don't experience it until a few hundred rounds in, others experience it from day one, some experience it for the first hundred rounds or so and then it begins to eject fine, and many people don't experience it at all.

With my G27 I didn't notice it until the 200 round mark, and the more rounds I put through it the worse it got. I don't know if it was ejecting erratically for the first 200 rounds because I wasn't paying attention to it.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:20   #458
kamonjj

Mine was all of a sudden. Which at first lead me to believe it was ammo related since I was shooting some rather light reloads. Then after trying a different ammo even 124gr+p gold dots I still had the issue.

I had about 600 flawless rounds through mine before it started happening.

I polished the extractor, and fired 100 rounds through it. It was better but certainly not as good as before.

I put the 336 ejector back in it. I'm going to try that tomorrow to see if that has any impact. I already have 3 different extractors coming in the mail. I'm going to try all 3 w/ both ejectors as a little experiment.

I'll keep everyone posted to see what worked for me and what didn't. It might prevent people from wasting time and money.

Its pretty sad when a glock armorer can't even fix his pistol. Glocks solution:polish the extractor. If that doesn't work, send it back. I was like WTF. If replacing the extractor with the 3 I have coming in doesn't solve the problem I'm ditching the platform all together and picking up an m&p - again.

Certified Glock armorer.
Old 04-24-2012, 16:34   #459
ken grant

Update on my G19 Gen.3(12/09)
It had a few crazy ejections. In my face,on top of my head,left,over my head and foward. Not many but enough to cause me to experiment.
Several types of ammo from expensive to the cheaper stuff including Tula and including my reloads( 115 FMJ, 4.0 Clays and Win. Primers)

At first I polished the extractor as others have done and my ejections got much worse and many more of them.
Next I removed a smaLL amount from the step and still the same.
Now wasted a lot of ammo money and decided to do all future tries with the above reloads.

Found a Gen.4 trigger housing with a 30274 ejector and installed the ejector on my 19.
Ejections got much better but still not right.
Changed extractor to a non-polished one and that was the cure.
Fired 200 rds. Sunday and nothing to the head or face and only a couple over my head.
Today I shot another 200 and had the same results as Sunday.
For now I will consider my 19 cured. All of this was with the above reloads

Almost all my brass was about 3 ft. to my right rear
Old 04-24-2012, 17:00   #460
kamonjj

^good info. Maybe I'll get glock to send me another extractor.

Certified Glock armorer.
Old 04-24-2012, 17:22   #461
wired

My Gen 4 19 started hitting my head. Polished the extractor and got a case right between my eye and glasses. Nice red welt.
Gun is for sale at dealer.
The gen 3 26 is fine.
Looking into a m&p.
Old 04-24-2012, 22:55   #462
lynxcrr

I bought a Glock 19 today (4/24/12)
4th Gen, blue label.
Test rounds dated 11/01/11 prefix SFE

It functioned 100%, although, for full disclosure, I detail stripped the slide, wiped down extractor parts(extractor stamped "3"), relubed with clp and reassembled.
50 rounds of winchester 124gr nato, 50 rounds 124gr RWS fmj, and 100 rounds local range reloads.
All ejection was clear to the 4-5 o'clock position, no malfunctions of any kind. I'm happy to have a new glock in my hands again, I've been almost 2 years without one.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:36   #463
vba

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxcrr View Post
I bought a Glock 19 today (4/24/12)
4th Gen, blue label.
Test rounds dated 11/01/11 prefix SFE

It functioned 100%, although, for full disclosure, I detail stripped the slide, wiped down extractor parts(extractor stamped "3"), relubed with clp and reassembled.
50 rounds of winchester 124gr nato, 50 rounds 124gr RWS fmj, and 100 rounds local range reloads.
All ejection was clear to the 4-5 o'clock position, no malfunctions of any kind. I'm happy to have a new glock in my hands again, I've been almost 2 years without one.
May I ask what extractor is in your gun 336 or 30274?

Vin
Old 04-25-2012, 07:51   #464

I don't think I have ever seen a side by side photo that shows the difference between ejectors... must be pretty subtle. I'm wondering why one couldn't put an orange inspection plate on the back of the slide, and using dummy rounds, "tune" the ejector so it's hitting the back of the case in the optimal spot.

Seems this issue requires more than just polishing the extractor to totally resolve.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:26   #465
ken grant

ejectors

There is a lot of difference between the 336 and 30274 ejectors.
Don't have pics myself but have seen them somewhere on this forum maybe even in this sticky.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:42   #466

I do know that my old "one pin" G17 ejector is much shorter than the ones in my newer pistols. One would think those old short ejectors would have been a source of sloppy ejects.

Wouldn't the newer ejectors differ only slightly in angle of the tip or being bent more towards the case?

When I get a chance I'll do e search ...
Old 04-25-2012, 13:42   #467
voyager4520
-----

Old ejectors vs. new: http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...04&postcount=5

The old ones came to a fine point, the new ones have a broad tip with a rearward tilt to the face.
Old 04-25-2012, 13:53   #468
kamonjj

I broke down and bought an M&P9c today. 409 bucks and it ejects perfectly. Just sayin

Certified Glock armorer.
Old 04-25-2012, 19:34   #469

Thanks!

Quite a difference indeed, seems that the new ejectors would give the cartridge base a much more solid "whack". Looks like new ejectors would be a good investment.
Old 04-25-2012, 19:41   #470
lynxcrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by vba View Post
May I ask what extractor is in your gun 336 or 30274?

Vin
My ejector is stamped 30274.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:50   #471
rickster62

My gen 3 19 was sent out to glock 2 weeks ago. This morning the door bell rang. Its back with a letter
INSPECTED
UPGRADE
MEETS FACTORY SPECS
TESTED OKAY

I still have the 336 ejector but it looks like a different extractor
I shot some factory ammo through it and it kicked the brass out pretty well all to the right where it should be. I'm not going to do anything to this extractor. I'll have to try some reloads.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:20   #472
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickster62 View Post
My gen 3 19 was sent out to glock 2 weeks ago. This morning the door bell rang. Its back with a letter
INSPECTED
UPGRADE
MEETS FACTORY SPECS
TESTED OKAY

I still have the 336 ejector but it looks like a different extractor. I shot some factory ammo through it and it kicked the brass out pretty well all to the right where it should be. I'm not going to do anything to this extractor. I'll have to try some reloads.
I think you'll be fine. If you know how to remove the extractor from the slide take it out and polish the top and bottom flats.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:58   #473
26Inf

Quote:
Originally Posted by 153 View Post
Reading this thread and alot of others about sloppy ejection leads me to think that Glock Ejection Failure is a combination of factors that encompasses parts, ammo and shooting technique.

I notice alot of difference when shooting premium ammo vs the WWB I normally fire at the range. The expensive hollow points really work the pistol. But I'm not going to shoot that stuff much at $20 for a box of 25!

I have also noticed that ocassionally when shooting "fast combat" drills, my grip will loosen or change and that can effect ejection. That is a technique problem, and totally my fault.

it is possible the source of your ejection problems lies elsewhere.
I'm a noobie, this is my first post - but I read the first 13 pages of this thread and this was the first mention I saw of the possibility of the shooter being an issue.

I routinely watch (and coach) groups of up to 16 shooters fire a couple thousand rounds through their weapons - over 60% are using Glocks.

When I see a shooter who is ejecting rounds over their right shoulder or into their face experience tells me a fail to eject malfunction is incipient. The first place I look for an answer is the shooter - are they doing something that is causing the issue, i.e. loose grip, backing away from the weapon in recoil, etc.

These babies will shoot and function on their own with little or no grip, pressure, yet I regularly see shooter's induce fail to eject malfunctions.

Occasionally it will be the gun, but often it is the shooter. JMO

IMHO, I don't see anything wrong with polishing the extractor in the areas you've mentioned, but I like to keep defensive/combat weapons 'springed' stock.

Earlier someone mentioned that many Armorers are nothing but parts changers, true that.....I've been doing the law enforcement armorer thing on pistols, shotguns and rifles since the early 80's - armorer schools then were dramatically different than those of today - two words - product liability.

Anyway's I'd suggest that every now and again we all sprinkle some random dummies in a mag or two, and once and awhile have a third party watch us shoot, remember even major league batting champs have batting coaches.

JMO

Last edited by 26Inf; 04-26-2012 at 11:59..
Old 04-26-2012, 12:45   #474
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26Inf View Post
I'm a noobie, this is my first post - but I read the first 13 pages of this thread and this was the first mention I saw of the possibility of the shooter being an issue. .......
Welcome to world-famous Glock Talk!

After 3 or 4 years around here I, kind 'a, think you're going to change your mind. Opinions do vary as individual perception grows. I'd be curious to see what you think around this time next year?

In the meantime I'll just throw this out for whatever it's worth: Because of their very loose modified-Browning lockup, Glock pistols are the easiest pistols to, 'limp wrist' that have ever been invented. This isn't my opinion; it's a demonstrable fact.

Then, in all fairness, there's this -

Which actually changes nothing. Why? Because (1) the shorter a Glock barrel is the less pronounced the tendency to fail-to-feed becomes; and (2) a shooter can, also, teach himself how to overcome the predilection of Glock's loose lockup to fail-to-feed. In spite of the popular (factory generated) myth, it ain't always the shooter who is at fault. Sometimes it's, also, the gun and particular type of action lockup that's used.
Old 04-26-2012, 13:08   #475
26Inf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
Welcome to world-famous Glock Talk!

In the meantime I'll just throw this out for whatever it's worth: Because of their very loose modified-Browning lockup, Glock pistols are the easiest pistols to, 'limp wrist' that have ever been invented. This isn't my opinion; it's a demonstrable fact.

Which actually changes nothing. Why? Because (1) the shorter a Glock barrel is the less pronounced the tendency to fail-to-feed becomes; and (2) a shooter can, also, teach himself how to overcome the predilection of Glock's loose lockup to fail-to-feed. In spite of the popular (factory generated) myth, it ain't always the shooter who is at fault. Sometimes it's, also, the gun and particular type of action lockup that's used.
I had to laugh at the first link you posted (the one with the Glock's, the H&K, and the Smith 5906(?) because I almost posted that while I wasn't quite to the point that I could induce fail to eject's at will on a Glock, I had a Smith 39, that I could induce fail to extracts and fail to ejects at will.

Also really liked the safe direction that muzzle was going during the video! Myself, I use a live then a dummy for such demos.

I take your point although the fact that 'a shooter can, also, teach himself how to overcome the predilection of Glock's loose lockup to fail-to-feed' ought to include the caveat - by practicing proper grip and trigger control.

In a roundabout way we were saying the same thing, except I believe that the reasonable expectation of all manufacturers is probably that the shooter holds the weapon in some semblance of the proper grip - recoil operated weapons do need something to recoil against after all!

Thanks for the welcome!
Closed Thread