Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 17:45   #561
az larry

If he had the new ejector then he also must have had the new RSA that was part of the recall. I really doubt it's a spring issue. Wish it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty_dragon View Post
went to the range today with my early 2-pin gen.3 G19 and saw a fellow shooter with a brand new gen. 4 G19 (date of production 04/12). i watched him shoot and after the first couple of rds. we had a little chitchat 'bout our glocks.

from his first 5 rds he got 3 right to the head. he has a dipped MiM LCI extractor and a "30274" ejector.
he used 4 different magtech / CBC types of ammo, 95gr/115gr/124gr/147gr and another brand (don't know which one exactly) with 124gr.
all 5 types of ammo made absolutely know difference, he always got 2-3 from 5 rds right to his forehead, ejection in general very weak.
the man was a real bear, very strong and his grip on the gun was like a vise. we changed guns for a couple of rds. and with my G19 he had no brass-to-head-prob at all, with his gun i got 4 from 10 rds to my head and cheek.
my early gen. 3 G19 has non-dipped, non-LCI inv. cast extractor plus non-LCI SLB and the old "336" ejector, all factory installed and OEM parts
i just suggested he should change the extractor to a .40S&W one, but i'm not sure it'll help, 'cause he already had the new "30274" ejector installed.
Old 05-10-2012, 17:50   #562
az larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made in Austria View Post
I don't buy the "too high" ejection port story either. Just another band aid fix to cut it down like he did. It also weakens the slide in that area.
So what do you think is going on? I see two very different platforms, the late Gen 3 and Gen 4 guns having issues from erratic ejection to actual failures.

What's weird is I would think that the Gen 3 production line should be separate from the Gen 4 line because of the different internals.

I think a lot of folks had erratic ejection without realizing it because they don't shoot a lot.ETA When they read about it they figured out that getting brass in your face or down your shirt isn't normal.

ETA, my 2 "P" series G19s that are fine have S/Ns beginning with PD and PF. The PT gun was the one with problems. So the issue came up between the F and T second letter in 3rd Gen 19s.

Last edited by az larry; 05-10-2012 at 18:27..
Old 05-10-2012, 20:41   #563
zero9046

Shot at IDPA tonight with my G17. It has the updated ejector (30274), a Lone Wolf extractor (not sure how much that plays into things), and tonight I was shooting with the 13# Glockmeister RSA that I just got. With nearly 100 rounds of WWB, not one single shell came back at my head.

I don't have any video and totally forgot to have any of my buddies watch the ejection pattern, but I'd say that is promising news. I know all these parts I've swapped my just be "bandaids" but if they keep me from having to send my Glock in for several weeks, then I am ok with it. Now I'm just itching to get to a range and do some target practice to see how the brass ejects in a more controlled environment where I can pay attention to it.
Old 05-10-2012, 20:54   #564
az larry

Zero, what Gen? And what are the first 2 letters in the serial number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero9046 View Post
Shot at IDPA tonight with my G17. It has the updated ejector (30274), a Lone Wolf extractor (not sure how much that plays into things), and tonight I was shooting with the 13# Glockmeister RSA that I just got. With nearly 100 rounds of WWB, not one single shell came back at my head.

I don't have any video and totally forgot to have any of my buddies watch the ejection pattern, but I'd say that is promising news. I know all these parts I've swapped my just be "bandaids" but if they keep me from having to send my Glock in for several weeks, then I am ok with it. Now I'm just itching to get to a range and do some target practice to see how the brass ejects in a more controlled environment where I can pay attention to it.
Old 05-10-2012, 21:06   #565
zero9046

Gen 4, first two letters are RX. What does that mean about my gun?
Old 05-10-2012, 21:13   #566
az larry

Sorry I don't know I was looking for a pattern but a guy on anther forum has a problem with a PD G19 and my PD G19 is fine. It's beyond me now
Old 05-11-2012, 03:24   #567
diamondd2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero9046 View Post
, and tonight I was shooting with the 13# Glockmeister RSA that I just got.

I bet this is the biggest part of your success.

I didn't know 13# RSAs were available for the Gen4. I am very interested to say the least.

Last edited by diamondd2; 05-11-2012 at 03:59..
Old 05-11-2012, 03:41   #568
dusty_dragon

i think so too, the lighter spring will ensure a more powerful ejection, i suppose
Old 05-11-2012, 13:01   #569

Had the slide locked back on the G26 this past week ... just a notion, didn't accomplish anything. Today shot the pistol with some 115gr +P Hollowpoints. All ejections were fine, to the right 90 degrees straight out.

The last casing in the magazines went left and over the top of the pistol. I chalk that up to the magazine being empty and no pressure from the follower. I have a Browning Hi-Power that hardly ever kicks the last empty case out of the slide, it ends up laying on top of the follower in the locked open pistol.

Also fired the G27 with reloads, no issues at all. Not sure of the velocity on the .40 cal ammo, but it's a little less than factory, 180 gr bullet.

Last edited by 153; 05-11-2012 at 13:02..
Old 05-11-2012, 13:46   #570
ken grant

Got my 19 ejection problems solved ( story buried in thread) and now working on my 26 ejections.

All over the place including face,head and left.
Polished extractor---no help
Removed a little from extractor step--no help
Installed 30274 ejector---- BIG HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Light reloads all ejected to right rear except last rd. in mag.
It either went left or hit my right wrist.

Heavier reloads did the same thing.

Next trip factory loads will be tried.
Old 05-11-2012, 14:25   #571
az larry

Ken, I went back and looked, your fix on the 19 was 30274 ejector and non-polished extractor? I wonder, am I the only one who tried a LW LCI extractor? May have helped my 17L, I'll know more tomorrow. I have not swapped ejectors yet.

My 19 was just a swap to an old trigger housing. I'll still put an LW LCI extractor on it and test it as well, but it seems to be ejecting fine. Again, I'll know more tomorrow as I just got a case of ammo in today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
Got my 19 ejection problems solved ( story buried in thread) and now working on my 26 ejections.

All over the place including face,head and left.
Polished extractor---no help
Removed a little from extractor step--no help
Installed 30274 ejector---- BIG HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Light reloads all ejected to right rear except last rd. in mag.
It either went left or hit my right wrist.

Heavier reloads did the same thing.

Next trip factory loads will be tried.
Old 05-11-2012, 14:35   #572
kamonjj

Everyone should just listen and cross to the dark side. s&w m&p

Certified Glock armorer.
Old 05-11-2012, 14:45   #573
az larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamonjj View Post
Everyone should just listen and cross to the dark side. s&w m&p
Here is irony for you. I'm an FFL. I had Glocks but got so pissed at my Glock LEO rep for giving a monopoly to another dealer on blue lable guns I sold all my early perfectly fuctioning Glocks and bought M&Ps. I hated the stealth reset trigger and decided I didn't like buying guns and having to put aftermarket parts in to make them better. No disrespect to Apex, he should run both Glock and S&W.

So I go back to Glock and now am buying LW extractors and bearings after robbing my old parts box empty. Because Gock took an good firemarm and messed it up.

Trying not to be a hater but this stuff is getting old. If I can get my guns right and find an OLD G34 I'm all done.

Last edited by az larry; 05-11-2012 at 14:45..
Old 05-11-2012, 15:05   #574
brickboy240

The Walther PPQ is looking good right about now.

Ok, so it has a tad more muzzle flip due to the higher bore axis. You don't get dinged with brass, the trigger is excellent and you can feel the re-set and it is very accurate.

Seriously...if I cannot quickly and cheaply solve my G91 issues...I am ditching this thing for a PPQ.

- brickboy240
Old 05-11-2012, 15:06   #575
kamonjj

^ I too have some irony. I had an m&p9c in the past and hated the reset so I sold it. Being a glock armorer and going round and round with them about fixing my gen3 19, and gen4 26, and not getting it fixed.

I switched back to an M&P9c, blue label for 399. Apex decak, and ram less than 100 shipped. Now I'm into the gun 500 bucks and walks circles around the gen4 26 I just sold.

Plus the newer m&ps wont have the ghost reset anymore. The shield doesn't and the newer full sized m&ps will have a reset similar to the glock. If its only the reset thats a problem then spend the 20 bucks and get the apex ram only.

I love my gun ejecting at 4ish everytime, 500 plus through my m&p and I haven't been hit once with a piece of brass. Just saying.

my older pre mim 23 and 21 are here to stay though. Both work and run like they should. The 21 is my night stand home defense machine.

Certified Glock armorer.
Old 05-11-2012, 15:08   #576
kamonjj

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
The Walther PPQ is looking good right about now.

Ok, so it has a tad more muzzle flip due to the higher bore axis. You don't get dinged with brass, the trigger is excellent and you can feel the re-set and it is very accurate.

Seriously...if I cannot quickly and cheaply solve my G91 issues...I am ditching this thing for a PPQ.

- brickboy240
I had a PPQ and it was awesome. The trigger was awesome. The only reason I ended up selling it was the lack of night sights available, the lack of holsters, and cost of magazines.

m&p all the way these days. Plus its american made.

Certified Glock armorer.
Old 05-11-2012, 15:20   #577
brickboy240

At least it does not come with plastic sights that are nearly worthless and tear up easy.

Hey, if I was not already heavily invested in the Glock platform...the PPQ would be in my safe right now.

- brickboy240
Old 05-11-2012, 15:26   #578
az larry

I still like the platform, I just dislike the company. I really think this stuff will get resolved, but it will take Glock to get tired of paying shipping and repair and finally finding a solution.

Part of me wants to buy a new G34 and send it back without even shooting it, kind of prophylactically. Yea, I know it's stupid.

I'll find a nice old Gen 3 and be happy.
Old 05-11-2012, 15:33   #579
brickboy240

Has anybody tried the springs and guide rod that Wolff offers?

You can use a steel rod and move up or down in spring strength by a pound or two either way.

Worth a try? The steel rod would allow the spring to compress easier and a 1 pound lighter spring might speed up the slide and give good ejection without being too light to cause malfunctions?

I might buy this set up and try it....its not expensive.

...thoughts?

- brickboy240
Old 05-11-2012, 17:20   #580
ken grant

For the money spent trying out different fixes , buying ammo, trips to the range, you could pay for a very nice Custom Built 1911 by one of the famous makers that will stand behind their pistol.

Last edited by ken grant; 05-11-2012 at 19:39..

Closed Thread