Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 20:23   #661
zeke66

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee2112 View Post
I'm still wondering what is a "non LCI non MIM extractor" and where you get one!
Here ya go. The pic is wrong, but the part is what you're looking for. I just got one from them.

http://triggeraction.net/shoppingcar...le-Nonlci.html
Old 06-04-2012, 20:59   #662
Backfire_Tx

Another 100 rounds and a bit more extractor polish

Shot another 100, after another polish (a bit more) ejections were much stronger and consistent (BVAC 180 gr fmj). I also changed the ejector. Therefore in the year of our Lord 2012 May 4th i hereby declare my Glock 23 Gen 4 is Fixed. Now if only my accuracy was better using my new artzen 2/3 target i bought. Guess i can't blame that on the ejections - it aint the gun. More practice needed.

Last edited by Backfire_Tx; 06-04-2012 at 21:01..
Old 06-04-2012, 21:17   #663
hearsedriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made in Austria View Post
Fixed a G19 Gen4 today. A friend of mine has two G19 (both came with the new style ejector) gen4's, one is very reliable and ejects perfect all kinds of ammo even the weak/cheap ones since day one. The other one is horrible, it stovepiped from time to time and ejects in every direction you can think of, until today. The bad one had an infamous to me # "3" extractor in it. I also had bad luck with the #3 extractor in my 23 gen4's.

I replaced his bad extractor with an new stock 9mm LCI extractor with a "2" on it and fired 200 rounds through it, the gun functioned flawless! I mean the ejection couldn't be better, just perfect. I was not able to tell any differences in between the two extractors, they looked the same to me except of the glossy finish of the #2 extractor. All I know is, that little #2 extractor fixed that gun. I don't know if the extractors with a # 1 or a # 4 on it work as great as the # 2 extractor, I only have experiance with the #2 extractor. Thats the only one I order, because they seem to fix the ejection problems.

I suggest everyone who has ejection problems to try out that # "2" extractor. glockparts.com just got a fresh shipment of 9mm LCI extractors a little over a week ago. Just write a note in that little request/question box that they should only send you an extractor with a # 2 on it when you order it. Thats what I did last week and it worked great.

Ammo tested: 100 rounds of WWB 115gr

50 rounds of American eagle 115gr

50 rounds of American eagle 125gr

All ejected in a nice arc to the 3-4 o'clock position.
Did you replace the bearing as well or just the extractor ?
Old 06-04-2012, 21:35   #664
Roger G23
Glock Guy

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT TODAY:Extraction problem fix.

Apex Tactical Solutions, the guys well known for making trigger parts that greatly improve the M&P trigger, just announced today on their Facebook page the introduction of their extractor and ejector (I believe) for the Glock 9mms that need this fix.

Good luck guys.
Old 06-04-2012, 21:48   #665
Glock22C

Send a message via AIM to Glock22C
Is this a Gen 4 issue?
Old 06-04-2012, 22:16   #666
Bow Commander

Apex is good to go
Old 06-04-2012, 22:18   #667
Roger G23
Glock Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock22C View Post
Is this a Gen 4 issue?
I thought you must have been new here but then i looked at your number of posts. haha, very funny. Yes and for those who may be new, apparently it's also an issue with some late model Gen3 G17 and G19.
(Both my Gen3 G17 and G26 are 100%)
Just thought I might help others frustrated by these ongoing problems. Looks like Apex Tactical Solutioons may have the fix.
Old 06-04-2012, 22:50   #668
Kimura

I didn't know the product was ready. That's great news.
Old 06-04-2012, 23:07   #669
WinterWizard

Cool. So you have to buy a gun then buy some parts from an aftermarket company for it to work. No thanks. Unless GLOCK fixes the problem, I want nothing to do with a gen4 9mm.
Old 06-04-2012, 23:34   #670
Made in Austria

I replaced just the extractor.
Old 06-04-2012, 23:40   #671
dave109

Is that the company that says on their website they are in the process of moving until late June? I'd be excited if they were actually taking orders on their site.

But right now big freakin' deal

Last edited by dave109; 06-04-2012 at 23:40..
Old 06-05-2012, 04:54   #672
Rustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWizard View Post
Cool. So you have to buy a gun then buy some parts from an aftermarket company for it to work. No thanks. Unless GLOCK fixes the problem, I want nothing to do with a gen4 9mm.

Recent production Gen3 is having problems too.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:13   #673
Beretta92guy

Quote:
AMEN TO THAT!!!!!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 06-05-2012, 07:30   #674
jb1911

Quote:
$20 in parts as opposed to waiting for Glock to fix the problem seems reasonable to me. Glock may never solve the problem.

Black Rifle Club Member "LE6920Colt"
Old 06-05-2012, 07:58   #675
hulk2k8

Where exactly is this announcement? All I saw was a picture of the part extractors and springs with this caption: "Our beta test Glock extractors and depressor springs going through final QC... "
Old 06-05-2012, 08:55   #676
cowboy1964

Quote:
Or a new Gen 3. IOW, no new 9mm Glocks. And I think .40s have the same issue, though less common.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:12   #677
alank2

Hi,

I finally got around to reading all of this thread last night. I've got a Gen 3 G19 (NAUxxx) that has had terrible ejection from the day I got it. The last time I went to the range, it was a question of the low percentage of rounds that DIDN'T hit me in the face of the top of the head. What I've tried so far:

1. I took out the extractor and filed the top/bottom smooth. No difference. It wasn't tight and moved freely before hand so I can't say the smoothing changed anything.

2. I put in the #30274 ejector. No difference.

I haven't tried removing any material from the step yet. I agree that it doesn't seem like that should make a difference, but I have some observations after removing the slide and using a dummy round (no primer/powder but real case and bullet).

I find it interesting that a few people later in this thread report that a new extractor fixed the issue. This makes me question extractor dimension and their role.

1. Before the firing cycle, the round is centered over the breechface and the extractor has it held in that position.

2. After firing as the barrel unlocks, it moves the round downward to a different position where the bottom of the round is nearly flush with the underside slide rail that scoops rounds from the magazine. At this location, the extractor has a different grasp on the case. More inward and perhaps this is where filing the step makes a difference.

With the slide off the pistol and no barrel, I positioned a case where it would be before the firing cycle and once the barrel drops and looked at it with a piece of white paper and flashlight shining from behind. What grabs my attention is that the claw of the extractor is the only part touching the case, inside the case rim. What if that claw is too long? If the claw were shorter, it might not bottom out against the inside of the case rim, but the rest of the extractor would come against the case head and have a better hold.

Could it be possible that the claw doesn't have much to hold on and can't keep a hold on the case with all the forces going on? Could shortening it a bit such that it isn't bottoming in the case rim, but that the extractor has a grab on the side of the case head give it more hold? As long as the claw is long enough to engage the rim and pull rearward on the case, isn't it doing its job?

EDIT - well, after pulling the extractor I can see that it will never contact the case unless you took the claw practically off it. I thought it might, but what I was seeing was the side of the breech face...

Thanks,

Alan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by alank2; 06-05-2012 at 09:31..
Old 06-05-2012, 10:10   #678
brickboy240

It USED to be that you bought a new Colt 1911 then sent it to a smith to make it run right and feed everything correctly. This is just what everyone did. Every now and then....you got a Colt from the factory that DID eat everything and not give troubles. That person was always saying, "mine runs fine...what is the problem?" (...and everyone hated that guy LOL)

Then, Glock came along and pistols ran 100% out of the box...no work needed. It was amazing and an incredible thing. We all got past the "plastic" part because the darned things just ran...right out of the box. We did not have to send it to a smith and call Wilsons for parts.

Then, as the market widened, Glock decided that it was not enough to just crank out boringly reliable guns and they needed to offer backstraps and other features and maybe they could save a buck or two by making MIM extractors.

Now, Glock is much like Colt, cicra 1978. You might get a trouble free gun but chances are, yours too will have problems. Maybe not at first but maybe right out of the box. We thought it was only the Gen4 re-design but the later 3rd gen guns have problems too.

Then...you will spend all sorts of money and time, replacing this and that and burning all sorts of ammo. Only to STILL get stovepipes and beaned in the head with brass. Sending it back to the maker means yours might get fixed...might not. Many of us older guys are having 1911 flashbacks! LOL

Bottom line: life is a circle!

LOL

- brickboy240

Last edited by brickboy240; 06-05-2012 at 10:12..
Old 06-05-2012, 12:29   #679
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Now days you can get a cheap 1911 that will run 100% right out
of te box, & you have to send the Glock to a 'Smith!
Old 06-05-2012, 13:03   #680
brickboy240

No kidding!

How sad is that?

Hey, with all the polymer 9mm striker pistols out there now (like the saturated 1911 market) there has got to be ONE that WILL get it right some day.

A polymer 9mm striker pistol that is accurate, reliable, does not bean you with brass, has parts and mags that are easy to get and all the other maladies gone.

Law of averages...somebody WILL hit that mark soon.

- brickboy240

Closed Thread