Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 15:54   #721
tmoore912

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
Update after range visit:

I was using the Factory #2 Extractor that I polished on both sides and also filed down the little shoulder to allow it to reach in on the case rim better. I was also using the OEM Extractor Spring that came with the gun.

Strong ejection to 4 o'clock area until the 29th round, which hit me in the lip of my mouth. Then another 10 rounds with weak ejection. Some hitting my right forearm and some just dribbling out at 3 o'clock.

So I change out the Glock Extractor Spring for the White Sound Defense H.R.E.D. Extractor Depressor Assembly. Extraction is still weak and some are strong. (it's just complete randomness) Round 45 bounced off the top of my head, round 46 nailed me in the forehead and round 48 bounced off my head and then went down the back of my collared shirt. So that was over for now. I'll wait on the 30274 Ejector to get here and try again.

Then I shot 50 flawless rounds out of my Gen 3 G19 practicing the Dot Torture.

I sure hope the 30274 Ejector will be the fix. This is getting old.
Ordered a Gen 4 Lone Wolf Trigger Housing because it came with a 30274 Ejector. Installed it in my Gen 3 Trigger Housing. I was also using the WhiteSound HRED Spring and a Glock dip extractor.

I didn't have much time at the range but put 150 rounds through it with no brass to the face or head. There is still an occasional weak ejection, (2 or 3 out of the 150 rounds) but everything seemed to be ejecting at about 4 o'clock.

So my sample size of one is getting a little better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

SAF
Glock 17 & 19
Old 06-18-2012, 16:35   #722
dusty_dragon

just curious to know if your gun would behave the same way with just the 30274 installed and the OEM extractor spring.
perhaps you'll test this setup and see which part cured the prob.
Old 06-18-2012, 17:14   #723
az larry

Dusty, I did this and ended up with the OEM spring. I tried the HRED and just their spring with no difference to speak about. The HRED gave slightly almost no improvent so I went back to the OEM setup. For my 2 guns, the new ejector was the only thing that made a difference.
Old 06-18-2012, 17:48   #724
nickels

Glock 19 Gen 4 issues

So i picked up a gen 4 19 about 3 months ago on sale. Yesterday was the first day I took it out. Right off the bat about every 4th round was ejecting at my head. Second mag after about 3 or 4 rounds it jammed up. Cleared the jam next round ejected and made it's way down my shirt and that was enough for me.
I read all the issues with the gen 4's but thought I waited long enough that they had the figured out. I must say I own another glock and have never had a time where it has disappointed me. I guess it's time to read up on any fixes. Just wanted to vent.
Old 06-18-2012, 17:57   #725
SuperSport

Love the gen 4 and hopefully will be getting one soon. If I can find one in DE. I know, wishful thinking.

Anywho - most will probably ask more questions to help give advice and mine would be what type of ammo are you shooting? I'd start there.
Old 06-18-2012, 18:10   #726
nickels

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport View Post
Love the gen 4 and hopefully will be getting one soon. If I can find one in DE. I know, wishful thinking.

Anywho - most will probably ask more questions to help give advice and mine would be what type of ammo are you shooting? I'd start there.
Federal champion was the ammo.
Old 06-18-2012, 18:15   #727
Beretta92guy

well, here is the usual process with this unfortunate and common defect with these new Glocks:

1. Spend $500 on gun
2. spend about $100 on ammo for your new toy
3. get blasted in the face/head/arms with brass
4. call Glock, get hit-or-miss customer service and have to demand THEY pay shipping
5. send gun back to Glock, wait a month, then get gun back saying "meets specs, test fired".
6. spend another $50-100 on ammo to make sure it works right....
7. get blasted in the face/head/arms with brass
8. call Glock again, get hit or miss customer service
9. send gun back to Glock, wait a month, then get the gun back saying "replaced ejector, meets specs, test fired"
10. spend another $50-100 on ammo to make sure it works right
11. get blasted in the face/head/arms with brass
12. call Glock, get hit or miss customer service
13. wait a week for them to send you one of two/three versions of a recoil-spring to fix the problem
14. spend another $50-100 on ammo to make sure it works right
15. get blasted in the face /head/arms with brass
16. get really pissed off at all the money you have wasted shooting a gun that should run right out of the box....
17. go but a new extractor form lone wolf, or apex, etc....
18. spend another $50-100 on ammo to make sure it works right......
19. runs good with the new extactor ))))
20. 500 rounds later, get blasted in the face/head/arms with brass when you finally figure out the slot for the extractor is out-of-spec and again you are getting blasted in the face/head/arms with brass.....
21. get pissed off enough to say the HELL with 9mm Glocks and buy an MP, XD or a Sig...........

i had a brand new G26, that after 500 rounds started doing that crap........traded it off IMMEDIATELY to save time, money and headaches.........that is what i suggest you do OP....

and i am NOT anti-glock......my CCW piece is a flawless G27 and own a couple other Glocks in .40....I LOVE THEM.....

but until glock gets this crap fixed, and people stop wasting their time and hard-earned money, thats the advice im giving to people......

FWIW.....which, like all advice, is free and usually not worth the paper its written on...LOL...LOL
Old 06-18-2012, 18:53   #728
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta92guy View Post
well, here is the usual process with this unfortunate and common defect with these new Glocks:

1. Spend $500 on gun
4. call Glock, get hit-or-miss customer service and have to demand THEY pay shipping
5. send gun back to Glock, wait a month, then get gun back saying "meets specs, test fired".
9. send gun back to Glock, wait a month, then get the gun back saying "replaced ejector, meets specs, test fired"
13. wait a week for them to send you one of two/three versions of a recoil-spring to fix the problem
16. get really pissed off at all the money you have wasted shooting a gun that should run right out of the box....
20. 500 rounds later, get blasted in the face/head/arms with brass when you finally figure out the slot for the extractor is out-of-spec and again you are getting blasted in the face/head/arms with brass.....
21. get pissed off enough to say the HELL with 9mm Glocks and buy an MP, XD or a Sig...........

i had a brand new G26, that after 500 rounds started doing that crap........traded it off IMMEDIATELY to save time, money and headaches.........that is what i suggest you do OP....

and i am NOT anti-glock......my CCW piece is a flawless G27 and own a couple other Glocks in .40....I LOVE THEM.....

but until glock gets this crap fixed, and people stop wasting their time and hard-earned money, thats the advice im giving to people......

FWIW.....which, like all advice, is free and usually not worth the paper its written on...LOL...LOL
It's sad but sadly that seems to be the case with Glock perfection these days, I will not spend money on a new Glock if fact I won't purchase any Glock made latter than 2006,that's just me. SJ 40
Old 06-18-2012, 19:02   #729
Ranger45

I only had one FTE with mine in the first ten rounds, but went ahead and applied all the prescribed "fixes" (updated RSAs, new extractor, new ejector.) Glock paid for all the upgrades and shipping both ways. Had that gun for two years and a couple thousand rounds now...still that just that one FTE with WWB 115gr. ammo out of the first ten rounds I fired out of the gun.

Hope you can get yours to run to your satisfaction. I understand some folks have had issues with theirs, but when they run, they are great guns.
Old 06-18-2012, 19:03   #730
cowboy1964

Mine runs perfectly as far as not jamming but the ejection is pathetic. Left, right, up, back, dribble, hard, everything you can think of. And it seems to be getting worse over time (and I have changed RSAs, ejectors, and extractors).
Old 06-18-2012, 19:08   #731
tmoore912

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty_dragon View Post
just curious to know if your gun would behave the same way with just the 30274 installed and the OEM extractor spring.
perhaps you'll test this setup and see which part cured the prob.
I will test that setup soon. I just didn't have much time on my hands this time at the range. I am also going to test it with a Lone Wolf Extractor and with a modified Glock extractor just to see if there is any difference. I'll report back soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

SAF
Glock 17 & 19
Old 06-18-2012, 19:15   #732
AustinTx

Can anyone say "limp wrist"? I really do hate to bring that up, but that gun shouldn't have to be rebuilt over and over, to make it work. Make sure you keep your wrist "locked".
Old 06-18-2012, 19:33   #733
TxGlock9
2014 RACE TIME!

I'll buy it from you.
Old 06-18-2012, 19:42   #734
AustinTx

Make sure you keep your wrist and arm and wrist locked together, when you shoot it.

Guns with polymer frames just don't seem to work, for some people. The frame isn't heavy enough to make sure the recoil impulse can cycle the slide properly.
Old 06-18-2012, 20:02   #735
Bello
America/Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta92guy View Post

1. Spend $500 on gun

TESTIFY! Lmao
Old 06-18-2012, 22:18   #736
cowboy1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTx View Post
Make sure you keep your wrist and arm and wrist locked together, when you shoot it.

Guns with polymer frames just don't seem to work, for some people. The frame isn't heavy enough to make sure the recoil impulse can cycle the slide properly.
You don't watch many of hickok45's videos do you? I don't think that 6'8" guy with decades of shooting experience limp wrists Glocks but if you watch his videos closely you can see all kinds of examples of poor ejection.

Just stop with the excuses people.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 06-18-2012 at 22:19..
Old 06-18-2012, 22:34   #737
AA#5

Quote:

You don't have an explanation why older Glocks worked for everyone?
Old 06-18-2012, 22:35   #738
AA#5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
You don't watch many of hickok45's videos do you? I don't think that 6'8" guy with decades of shooting experience limp wrists Glocks but if you watch his videos closely you can see all kinds of examples of poor ejection.

Just stop with the excuses people.
Amazing how some will defend Glock just to defend Glock.
Old 06-18-2012, 22:39   #739
hearsedriver

I wouldnt judge it just yet until you run about 200 rounds of 124 gr. Lawman through it. It needs a hotter ammo for break-in. Even my HK had weak ejection until it was broke-in. The recoil springs are a bit stiff at first . Dont give up on her.
Old 06-18-2012, 22:49   #740
cowboy1964

Quote:
Can anyone say "limp wrist"? I really do hate to bring that up, but that gun shouldn't have to be rebuilt over and over, to make it work. Make sure you keep your wrist "locked".
Gee, we never thought of that.

Closed Thread