SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-21-2012, 23:33   #1
Schrag4

Illinois proposes surtax on ammo

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...est=latestnews

Basically they say that the tax would help pay for trauma centers in "high crime areas."

Glad I don't live there.
Schrag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 23:36   #2
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

That ain't right.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:10   #3
mongo356

Just remember where the current president is from, you can only mfg that kind of reasoning in Illinois. The bill is the brain child and being pushed by current mayor Emanuel.
Don't see the reasoning for it considering 75% of the people are on public aid medical card and don't pay medical bills anyway.

Make no mistake this entire state is a complete mess and doesn't seem to be making any choices to correct it.

Last edited by mongo356; 02-22-2012 at 02:14..
mongo356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:34   #4
Tallahassee

It's really a bad time to live in Illinois. Quinn seems hell bent on running businesses out of state, and then wonders why unemployment levels are so high. And Rahm has taken it upon himself to make gun laws for the entire state. Aside from this one, he also wants to have every hand gun in the state registered at a fee of $65 EACH. And, we are the only state that has no form of concealed carry save for police officers and certain public officials.

Yeah, I'm looking to move. Anyone in Colorado or Texas that wants to go shooting and can recommend a good Brazilian Jiu Jitsu gym?
Tallahassee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:14   #5
MinnesnowtaWild

Wow man this is just spiraling out of control...Seriously ridiculous. Who votes for these people? Honestly?

If they make decisions like this in violation of the 2nd amendment, what other choices are they making?
MinnesnowtaWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:07   #6
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

More mindless Liberal BS. I'm sure glad I don't live there.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:22   #7
tim12232
Pistolero

I live in NW suburbs of Chicago for 2 years "schaumburg". I am so glad I dont live there anymore, it was fun for the couple years in my younger 20's alot of stuff to do in the windy city. But you couldnt get me to move back there for anything, I would run to CA before moving back to that tyranny! Blago is what...the 3rd Gov to go to prison? Daly's have run Chicago for ever and now they have Satan reincarnate "Rahm".

Sorry IL, time to move!
I also had no need for NV, so I went with the 512. As far as the submersion, if I'm 10 feet under water and still holding onto my rifle, something has gone terribly awry and I don't think an extra 23 feet is going to matter to me. YMMV
G21 Club #858
tim12232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:37   #8
SigFTW

I feel for y'all that live there. Come to Texas, it's hot in the summers however we are a gun friendly state.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:39   #9
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

I left Illinois in 1985,.......NEVER plan to move back!
I think they are actually getting worse than California!
faawrenchbndr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:39   #10
TN.Frank
Mad Hatter

We have a 10 cent a box tax on ammo here in Tennessee. Funny thing is it's 10 cents on a box of 50 rounds of 22lr OR 10 cents on a brick of 500, 22lr. Figure that one out.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:07   #11
Tallahassee

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
I left Illinois in 1985,.......NEVER plan to move back!
I think they are actually getting worse than California!
I think that's accurate.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:08   #12
Tallahassee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesnowtaWild View Post
Wow man this is just spiraling out of control...Seriously ridiculous. Who votes for these people? Honestly?

If they make decisions like this in violation of the 2nd amendment, what other choices are they making?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
More mindless Liberal BS. I'm sure glad I don't live there.
Unfortunately it's Chicago. If we could annex them, Illinois wouldn't be nearly this bad.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:17   #13
svtpwnz

And yet another reason not to live in Illinois!
svtpwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 13:00   #14
irishbum

Here is an idea just ban handguns so the violence goes away. Oh wait that didn't work they tried it.

So I know lets charge law abiding citizens to cough up extra cash to pay for the actions of criminals who are more that likely already receiving their tax dollars in the form of welfare checks and free insurance.

And the irony of a "sin tax" shouldn't we then tax the politicians as they are the biggest sinners and morally corrupt of all?

We are on the wrong side here ladies and gentlemen clearly it no longer pays to be honest and hardwork people who are caring and compassionate towards their neighbors and peers.

What has happened to America? I think most of us know the real answer.

Last edited by irishbum; 02-22-2012 at 13:05..
irishbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 13:29   #15
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallahassee View Post
Unfortunately it's Chicago. If we could annex them, Illinois wouldn't be nearly this bad.
You mean get rid of them, right? Annex means forcibly add them to your state/country/whatever.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 14:23   #16
USMC03Grunt

Yeah, Illannoyed is one of those states ranked near the top of places I will NEVER move to! Kalifornia, Illannoyed, Taxachussetts, New Jerky, N.why? state, and HI...as a kite, are just a few states that would rival moving to Afghanistan, Syria, or Beirut as a better option than moving into one of these oppresive states. Pretty much I tend to stick to areas preferably west of the Mississippi yet east of the Sierra Nevada mountains or below the Mason-Dixon line.
USMC03Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 15:24   #17
Paul7
New Guy

Quote:
The liberal dopes who live there. It's like CA without the good weather.

SO glad I left......
Old 02-22-2012, 16:25   #18
Cmacc

Quote:

Those who wear Barak Obama "hoodies".

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1403413
Cmacc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 17:14   #19
JK-linux

No one living outside Chicago likes Chicago except soon-to-be college grads. After they move there and become disillusioned with the crime, lack of jobs and taxes, most want to leave. I could live a happy life even if I never visited Chicago again, and I was born there.
JK-linux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 17:26   #20
Glock1963

I have lived in central Illinois for all of my 48+ years. The majority of the downstate areas are decent places to live. We get lumped in with the Crook County thug politicians because that's generally the only choices we're stuck with on election day.

I am not defending Illinois. I like it here overall, but we're a SERIOUSLY inept state that you wouldn't even believe unless you live here.

They will likely have to give us some sham federal bail out money at some point. We will screw it up so bad that it'll make Greece look like penny pinchers in comparison.
Glock1963 is offline   Reply With Quote