Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-22-2012, 18:43   #1
Djs9687

Ever shot the CZ 75 SP-01

Just curious if anyone has shot or owned a CZ 75 SP-01? And what your overall thoughts were? My local shop has one NIB for $620+tax and im really thinking about grabbing it this weekend.

SP-01: [URL]http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-75-sp-01/[/URL]
Djs9687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 19:06   #2
D3S3RT_P3NGU1N

Fantastic guns, very accurate and reliable

They're great guns when they're just stock, but they can be made even better with a little work done to them

If you ever want to have any custom work done on it, this is the place to go

http://czcustom.com/index.aspx

There are plenty of folks on he who've bought guns from them and had work done by them and I've yet to hear from someone who wasn't impressed with their stuff
"To be governed is to be watched, inspected, directed, indoctrinated, numbered, estimated, regulated, commanded, controlled, law-driven, preached at, spied upon, censored, checked, valued, enrolled, by creatures who have neither the right, nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so."
D3S3RT_P3NGU1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 19:37   #3
aptrpl6
Detached Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djs9687 View Post
Just curious if anyone has shot or owned a CZ 75 SP-01? And what your overall thoughts were? My local shop has one NIB for $620+tax and im really thinking about grabbing it this weekend.

SP-01: http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-75-sp-01/
I have the CZ-75 SP-01 Phantom, which is the polymer frame version. It is easily the most accurate pistol that I own and the ergonomics are great too. It's a lot of fun to shoot.

Carolina Glockers 13666
aptrpl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 19:39   #4
rockabillyrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3S3RT_P3NGU1N View Post
Fantastic guns, very accurate and reliable

They're great guns when they're just stock, but they can be made even better with a little work done to them

If you ever want to have any custom work done on it, this is the place to go

http://czcustom.com/index.aspx

There are plenty of folks on he who've bought guns from them and had work done by them and I've yet to hear from someone who wasn't impressed with their stuff
Any CZ that was shipped from CZ Customs that has had the comp hammer and trigger work installed is the real deal. Cz's are fine guns. After they have been tuned by the custom shop they are unbelievable.
rockabillyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 20:39   #5
Djs9687

Thanks for the feedback,

Nothing but good about CZ and SP-01. Nice. I was also looking at the CZ 85 because it's ambidextrous but the SP-01 series of pistols seem more "up to date" is that a wrong assumption? As Aptrpl6 mentioned the standard SP-01 and Phantom are the same except the Phantom has a polymer frame. So which of the two would better serve for competition shooting? Any other advantages one has over the other besides weight? Thanks.
Djs9687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 20:41   #6
Cletus

This is a custom P-01 with $300 in trigger work by ghost. It is like butter...
General Firearms Forum
Ruger 10/22 Target
Dan Wesson Classic Bobtail 1911
Cletus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 21:01   #7
raven11

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback,

Nothing but good about CZ and SP-01. Nice. I was also looking at the CZ 85 because it's ambidextrous but the SP-01 series of pistols seem more "up to date" is that a wrong assumption? As Aptrpl6 mentioned the standard SP-01 and Phantom are the same except the Phantom has a polymer frame. So which of the two would better serve for competition shooting? Any other advantages one has over the other besides weight? Thanks.
what kind of competition shooting are you looking to do? the 85 especially if you get the combat will have a better trigger because of the firing pin block removal, drop free magazines, adj sights, and adj trigger

but the Phantom is pretty popular in IDPA also
Old 02-22-2012, 21:11   #8
B_RAD

Had one. Loved it. Best ergos IMO. Mags were expensive unless you buy after market IIRC. Anyways, wish I still had it.
Old 02-22-2012, 22:24   #9
Fuerte
Cigar?

My next handgun will be another CZ. My CZ 75TS is easily the most impressive firearm I have ever owned! I shoot it in local "league" matches, and I almost feel like I have an unfair advantage.
Old 02-22-2012, 23:44   #10
cole

Quote:

SP-01: http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-75-sp-01/
Owned the SP01 Custom. Amazing blaster. Sweet trigger. Best 9mm I've ever owned or fired. It was a lazer beam. Fed like a champ, but needed a stronger hammer spring and longer FP to pop some harder (reloaded) primers. 18rd mags are pricey, and mags and parts are generally more costly than Glock. A detail strip not as easy as Glock. IMO, it's the Ferrari of handuns. But, I decided I'm not a Ferrari guy.
- When I was strong they came for the weak but I did nothing. Now I am weak and they come for me.
cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 00:24   #11
stmcelroy
Holster Maker

It's on the short list of guns to try out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

stmcelroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:10   #12
liberty911

I had the SP-01 tactical and the trigger was a little rougher than the normal model. All around great gun though.
liberty911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:26   #13
Bob Hafler

I have a CZ75b and shoot that better than any pistol I own. Really is an awsome pistol. Next CZ for me will be a PO-1.
Bob Hafler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:43   #14
Lior
GUNS=FREEDOM

Have two SP01s - a Phantom for CCW/ duty use and a Shadow for sporting use.

I cannot praise them enough.
Rust and bureaucrats. Freedom and vigilance. Front sight and trigger. Kindness and firepower. Situational awareness and tolerance. Safety and concealment. Taxes and allegiance. Love of man and surgical marksmanship. Once a soldier, always a soldier.
Lior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 14:36   #15
High Altitude

Great guns. I just picked up a SP-01 Tactical. It is a very nice shooting pistol. It is accurate, soft recoiling, great ergos and so far very reliable.

General Firearms Forum
High Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 15:14   #16
The_Gun_Guru
Ban Democrats!!

AWESOME GUN!!!!!

If you get one make sure you get the front block with bayonet - NOT because there is a use for it but because it is available! This gun can be shot ALL DAY LONG and you will feel like you haven't been shooting at all!

General Firearms Forum

It is my favorite 9mm in my collection....and I have MANY 9mms!

Good luck and enjoy

TGG
Kalashnikov Klub #4519
OD G19 - LOTS of AKs - Only ONE AR....but it's a Colt!
NO AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!
This is America. If you can't or won't speak English, PLEASE LEAVE!!!
The_Gun_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 15:27   #17
raven11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gun_Guru View Post
AWESOME GUN!!!!!

If you get one make sure you get the front block with bayonet - NOT because there is a use for it but because it is available! This gun can be shot ALL DAY LONG and you will feel like you haven't been shooting at all!

TGG

available where?, I have been looking for months but they are all sold out
Old 03-29-2012, 17:39   #18
Golddog

I have owned a dozen or so CZ's. The decock models lose the advantage of the cocked and locked SA pull for the first shot, so I would not purchase the P-01.
Golddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 17:45   #19
TSAX
USAF Vet

CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2...12/#more-12920

General Firearms Forum

"CZ recently introduced the 2012 version of the CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow. The new gun claims to increase shooting comfort and accuracy, plus have a smoother and more precise trigger.
Additionally, CZ states the pistol is “more stable…during shooting” and that the service life of the parts has been increased."

GSSF Member

NRA Member
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 18:28   #20
Tim151515
iHeartGuns

no sp01...but i have the version w/o rails, or more specifically, the 75bd. Um yeah...it went to the top of my list for "favorite gun" very fast...and replaced my Glock as my nightstand gun. It is the perfect gun, IMO.
Tim151515 is offline   Reply With Quote