Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-02-2013, 17:57   #1
glockin-45

Damn fraud protection.

Well i saw a Colt government .45 on gun broker that i liked. , And there was no bids and 13 min to go. I won, i go to pay, and am denied, wth, so i try again, am denied again. Then the phone rings, i answer and it's an automated call verifying that i was making the purchase.
I press the key's YES this is me doing it. Go back and try again. Since i was denied two times, i have to either use another card, which i can't do, or contact seller, which i e-mailed. Frustrating, when you have to get up early and go to work. This gun is a Talo edition. solid trigger,no fcs,
carry sights with a green fiber optic front sight an blacked out rear. I think i'm gonna like. Yes, it is a 80 series 1991 ccg 5" government.

Last edited by glockin-45; 06-02-2013 at 18:02..
glockin-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 18:30   #2
03scgt

Similar stuff happened to me this week.

Last week somone stole my cc number and used it to buy a lamp from a european website for 105 $ and they did nothing.today I go to purchase a plane ticket and they decline it because of fraud lol

I buy plane tickets all the time, never have I bought a lamp or shopped a european website.idiots
03scgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 18:31   #3
72Cheyenne

Enjoy your new pistol. I find work gets in the way of my activities also. It's a necessary evil.:D

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
72Cheyenne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 18:51   #4
glockin-45

Thanks guy's i can't wait to get it. Gun broker is supposed to give you 5 day's to get in touch with the seller. And with a two day dilivery, i want this sucker shipped. The shop i'll pick it up at, is only a couple miles from my house, same way home. I'm gonna try and reach him in the morning.
Old 06-02-2013, 19:20   #5
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
DirtyThirty fan

That fraud protection saved me from a 8700 pound charge in England last month. While it can be a pain in the arse, it can save your tail as well.

Congrats on the score.........
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 20:01   #6
edcrosbys

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
That fraud protection saved my credit card company from a 8700 pound charge in England last month.
Fixed it for you. **Assuming** you have the standard protection most cards offer. Now they've gotten better at preventing it to save them money and frustrate you.
edcrosbys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 20:59   #7
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
DirtyThirty fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by edcrosbys View Post
Fixed it for you. **Assuming** you have the standard protection most cards offer. Now they've gotten better at preventing it to save them money and frustrate you.
Call it what you will.......I'm damn happy they "frustrated" me!
Old 06-04-2013, 09:34   #8
F106 Fan

Quote:
That fraud protection saved me from a 8700 pound charge in England last month. While it can be a pain in the arse, it can save your tail as well.

It doesn't save "your" tail, it saves the bank's! There is a $50 limit to your liability for unauthorized charges. If it is actually fraud, I don't think you have any liability.

I made two perfectly legitimate charges to the same company about 20 minutes apart. The bank cancelled both charges, closed my card and THEN called to say there was a bogus charge from some online music source - which I never used.

I had to scramble like crazy to get those two orders reinstated.

Richard
Old 06-04-2013, 09:37   #9
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
DirtyThirty fan

Call it what YOU like, the "fraud protection" on my card, stopped the transaction from even happening. So no $50 out of my pocket, no missing funds from my account, no time lost with numerous calls with the bank.

Yes,.......it saved "MY" tail!
Old 06-04-2013, 17:42   #10
glockin-45

My Damn remark was meant as a joke, as i sure don't mind them checking the purchase out. Better safe than sorry. I am "DAMN" glad that i was home and the wife was out side at the time of the call. What she don't know can't hurt me? it's on it's way and should be here tomorrow.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:28   #11
bac1023

Quote:

Very true, Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 23:53   #12
Texas357
CLM Number 224
Señor Member

My "fraud prevention" department cut off my card. While I was on a trip. Didn't bother to call me or anything. Luckily it was middle of the week - last time this happened on a holiday, and I have to call my local credit union, not Mastercard.

Luckily they could allow it to keep working as a debit card (just not credit). Some places run all cards as credit, so it couldn't be used at any of those.

Luckily we had cash, and my wife's card is through a different credit union - otherwise I'm sure they would have frozen us both.

"I nominate you for President of Texas!" - Dr. Octagon
"I accept your nomination, and thank you for your vote."- Texas357
Texas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 00:40   #13
AZ Husker

I have a little different opinion on the overzealous fraud protection. I travel all over the US and Mexico. A few years I left Arizona and picked my daughter up on my Harley in Los Angeles for a tour of northern California. We used my card all over the place. On our way back down I needed a rear tire, so we stopped in Salinas and they threw one on. My card was rejected. I called them immediately and they said they did it for my protection since I was so far from home. I asked the dummy to check my usage for the last week, you could actually follow my trip. It took me 30 minutes with a supervisor to free my account.
Old 06-12-2013, 22:53   #14
Brian Lee
Drop those nuts

The only time I ever had a similar problem was when I was buying some software online from a company located in Ireland. Apparently transactions outside the USA was a red flag to the credit card bank. But I actually kind of liked that, since people in Nigeria buying stuff with the credit card numbers of Americans is not at all uncommon.
Brian Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 00:50   #15
Texas357
CLM Number 224
Señor Member

I like how you can use the card to buy tickets to Thailand, use the card to buy food at the airports along the way, pay for a hotel room in Bangkok, then the credit card fraud prevention office calls your house to ask if those are valid purchases you are making on your card.

Posted no trespassing.

"I nominate you for President of Texas!" - Dr. Octagon
"I accept your nomination, and thank you for your vote."- Texas357
Texas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 21:15   #16
dnuggett
PRO 2A

I called my AMEX card to tell them I was heading to London so I wouldn't get flagged. When I got there as soon as I tried to buy train tickets.. denied. And they kept calling me to tell me I was denied. My phone doesn't work in London, that was the point of calling them ahead of time. Good thing I have plenty of cards.. if I had only one I would have paid a nasty exchange rate on a debit card.
dnuggett is offline   Reply With Quote