GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 13:26   #1
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Why (and how) the vast evolution conspiracy?

For the members here that believe the study of evolution is inherently flawed, I have a question. Is everyone involved in paleontology, geology and many more fields too numerous to mention in on the conspiracy?
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 13:42   #2
steveksux
Massive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,374
And don't forget they are busy twisting facts to suit their agenda, even those that disprove their theories.

Obviously nobody wants to become a scientific pariah like Einstein for disproving Newton's widely accepted theory of space. Got to preserve the status quo at all costs!

Randy
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 15:46   #3
Vic Hays
Senior Member
 
Vic Hays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: My home is in heaven
Posts: 10,653
They are ridiculed if they do not agree with evolution.

Evolution is a way to explain creation without God.

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

The Bible even predicted it:

II Peter 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
__________________
Vic Hays

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 16:12   #4
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post
They are ridiculed if they do not agree with evolution.

Evolution is a way to explain creation without God.

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

The Bible even predicted it:

II Peter 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
Ridiculed by whom? Who exactly is at the heart of this conspiracy? There would have to be someone at the top that knows the truth and is working very hard to keep everyone else in the dark.

How do you get hundreds of thousands of scientists in every field to agree on a lie that's so easily disproved?
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 16:31   #5
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member
 
ArtificialGrape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,537
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post
They are ridiculed if they do not agree with evolution.
Specious at best <-- an atheist showing a little more kindness than your charge of "pure BS".

The geologists that first documented the faunal succession (fossils changing over time) were religious men such as William Smith of England. Not showing interest in any religious implication he merely documented the fact that the fossil record changed over time. Given that he was doing this 60+ years before Darwin's Origin, it's pretty hard to argue that he was trying to support evolution.

Physics underwent a major paradigm shift with quantum mechanics in the early 20th century as did geology with plate tectonics in the mid 20th century. Physicists and geologists had to let go of some long held understandings because that's what the evidence demanded.

You think that physicists and geologists have more loyalty to a theory in biology than to a theory in their own fields?

Evolution is still around because after 150 years not only is there a lack of evidence to falsify it, the supporting evidence continues to pile up. When Darwin was working on Origin Archaeopteryx had not been discovered, Tiktaalik had not been discovered, the Burgess Shale had not been uncovered, DNA had not been discovered, and yet not one of these falsifies evolution, in fact, they all add to the mountain of evidence supporting it.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 16:32   #6
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member
 
ArtificialGrape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,537
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Who exactly is at the heart of this conspiracy?
I suspect the Cigarette Smoking Man.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 17:55   #7
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,329


Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
I suspect the Cigarette Smoking Man.
Religious Issues
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."
Geko45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 17:55   #8
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Vic, I can't say I'm surprised to see that the authors of a hard to swallow story would predict that others would find it hard to swallow. I was raised with the bible every day. I know it front to back. My old man could find his ass with both hands, a flashlight and a bible. You have a lot of catching up to do. Lots of unanswered questions on this and other topics. To bow out is to admit defeat. C'mon man, GTs theists are counting on you!
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 19:58   #9
Vic Hays
Senior Member
 
Vic Hays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: My home is in heaven
Posts: 10,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
How do you get hundreds of thousands of scientists in every field to agree on a lie that's so easily disproved?
They don't all agree.
__________________
Vic Hays

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 20:05   #10
Kentak
Senior Member
 
Kentak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,386
"Evolution is a way to explain creation without MAGIC."

Fixed it for you.
__________________
Join and support the NRA
Kentak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 20:22   #11
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post
They don't all agree.
Ok, let me rephrase the question. Why is it that the scientists that get the grants and the investors and teach at all the major universities and write textbooks and make discoveries that directly benefit the medical community are all in agreement about evolution and the ones who aren't in agreement are relegated to doing banana videos on youtube with Kirk Cameron and being told to hit the road by school boards across the country? In other words, why are you losing this debate so badly if the evidence supports your side?

Last edited by Gunhaver; 02-25-2012 at 02:54..
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 20:26   #12
Sarge1400
Senior Member
 
Sarge1400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentak View Post
"Evolution is a way to explain creation without MAGIC."

Fixed it for you.
Right, and reality is for people who can't handle drugs.
Sarge1400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 20:39   #13
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post
They don't all agree.
Could you share any scientist's conclusion, based on observation and experimentation, published in the scientific literature which reject evolutionary theory?
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 21:54   #14
Tilley
Man of Steel
 
Tilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 3,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
Could you share any scientist's conclusion, based on observation and experimentation, published in the scientific literature which reject evolutionary theory?
Tilley
Tilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 22:23   #15
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
You know the most amazing thing happened to me recently. There was an oil spot in my garage. About a week later, I went in there, and there was a roller skate. I thought that was interesting. A week later, I went in there and the roller skate had become a skate board. Then about a month later that skate board became a Yugo. About two weeks later that Yugo became a VW Bug. You know a month after that I had a huge 4x4 Toyota Tundra LTD? I guess evolution does work.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 22:26   #16
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
You know the most amazing thing happened to me recently. There was an oil spot in my garage. About a week later, I went in there, and there was a roller skate. I thought that was interesting. A week later, I went in there and the roller skate had become a skate board. Then about a month later that skate board became a Yugo. About two weeks later that Yugo became a VW Bug. You know a month after that I had a huge 4x4 Toyota Tundra LTD? I guess evolution does work.
Is this really what creationist are reduced to? If evolution is false and so easily disproven, why hasn't anyone done it? Why do they instead rely on misrepresenting the science and dismissing the evidence?
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 22:30   #17
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
Is this really what creationist are reduced to? If evolution is false and so easily disproven, why hasn't anyone done it? Why do they instead rely on misrepresenting the science and dismissing the evidence?
Ironic. It is an unproven idea, there has been plenty of evidence to the contrary; but it is either ignored or a group of appologists do their very best to try to explain it away.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 22:31   #18
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
Ironic. It is an unproven idea, there has been plenty of evidence to the contrary; but it is either ignored or a group of appologists do their very best to try to explain it away.
Yes, creationism is all those things. That was my point.
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 22:33   #19
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member
 
ArtificialGrape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,537
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
You know the most amazing thing happened to me recently. There was an oil spot in my garage. About a week later, I went in there, and there was a roller skate. I thought that was interesting. A week later, I went in there and the roller skate had become a skate board. Then about a month later that skate board became a Yugo. About two weeks later that Yugo became a VW Bug. You know a month after that I had a huge 4x4 Toyota Tundra LTD? I guess evolution does work.
I do accept that this accurately captures your understanding of the theory of evolution.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 22:35   #20
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
Yes, creationism is all those things. That was my point.
That is my point regarding evolution. I have found that only one or two Atheists here are versed on the topic; Grape being the chief among them. The rest simply seek it out with a religious fervance to validate their need to explain away God even though they don't understand it all. It is almost as if they flock to it like some sort of sacriment.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 22:40   #21
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
That is my point regarding evolution.
Your point is wrong then.
Quote:
I have found that only one or two Atheists here are versed on the topic; Grape being the chief among them. The rest simply seek it out with a religious fervance to validate their need to explain away God even though they don't understand it all. It is almost as if they flock to it like some sort of sacriment.
Your findings are wrong as well. You are correct that AG is very well versed in evolutionary theory, which allows him to explain the evidence for evolution quite well. Sadly, the creationist contingent seems able to respond only with insults and misrepresentations of the facts, like pretending that non-organic objects evolve.
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 22:59   #22
Altaris
Senior Member
 
Altaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Round Rock, TX
Posts: 11,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
You know the most amazing thing happened to me recently. There was an oil spot in my garage. About a week later, I went in there, and there was a roller skate. I thought that was interesting. A week later, I went in there and the roller skate had become a skate board. Then about a month later that skate board became a Yugo. About two weeks later that Yugo became a VW Bug. You know a month after that I had a huge 4x4 Toyota Tundra LTD? I guess evolution does work.
Which one of those things reproduces and passes it genetic code on down to the next?
__________________
To Alcohol !
The cause of, and solution to, all of lifes problems
-Homer Simpson-
Altaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 23:28   #23
TalkToTheGlock
Zombie Hunter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
That is my point regarding evolution. I have found that only one or two Atheists here are versed on the topic; Grape being the chief among them. The rest simply seek it out with a religious fervance to validate their need to explain away God even though they don't understand it all. It is almost as if they flock to it like some sort of sacriment.

Or it's the fact that some of us would rather not waste our time debating with zombies.


iPhone 4
TalkToTheGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:05   #24
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
That is my point regarding evolution. I have found that only one or two Atheists here are versed on the topic; Grape being the chief among them. The rest simply seek it out with a religious fervance to validate their need to explain away God even though they don't understand it all. It is almost as if they flock to it like some sort of sacriment.

Are you kidding? You just suggested that roller skates can evolve and then you say that most atheists don't understand evolution? Can you cite any example of any atheist here showing as poor an understanding of evolution as you just displayed?

Last edited by Gunhaver; 02-25-2012 at 03:28..
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:31   #25
id1otbox
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Collins CO
Posts: 491
Micro-evolution is seen/proven all the time. I guess by simply extending the time line all this proof no longer has any meaning?

Domesticated silver fox. Look it up. Only took 50 years to make (through experimental evolution) an animal that behaves and looks completely different then what it was breed from. Or how about Theodore Garlands experiment with house mice. If you don't like that one there is also the study of the stickleback fish. Lenskis ecoli experiments?

If you don't trust scientists read through ancient texts descriptions of dogs and cats and then compare them to what you see in your town today...

I don't get what the conflict is with believing in god and believing in evolution. Weird.

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/03/30/sc...-*****cat.html

http://cbsu.tc.cornell.edu/ccgr/behaviour/Index.htm

http://myxo.css.msu.edu/ecoli/

http://www.biology.ucr.edu/people/fa...d/SwEA98SE.pdf

http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.o...2010.0923.full

Those who think evolution is a fallacy please visit the links posted above and tell me exactly where incorrect conclusions have been drawn.
id1otbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 13:32.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,101
359 Members
742 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42