SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-26-2012, 19:55   #1
Dawolf

Calif doom

Mas,

My wife (who loves shooting and has a Kimber and a Sig) has her heart set on living in a North County (SD) town near the beach. We are looking to retire in 5 to 6 years and wants to get a place there now to rent. Is it impossible to get a CCW in California? That is what I have heard. I also know not all my handguns are legal there as well. Any hope for me or am I doomed?
Dawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 20:39   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

My take on it is this: Judging by friends and students in California, the San Diego area is at least much more likely to grant you a permit than the L.A. area or the Bay Area, but much less likely to issue the permit than Sacramento County or some parts of more northerly California.

I would recommend that you post your question on the CalGuns forum, and contact the CalGuns foundation. (Despite the similar names, they are not the same entitites, but both are something you'll want to belong to if you're going to live there.)

I would also be remiss if I didn't suggest that you remind you that there are "shall issue" states that have pretty cool beaches...

Wishing you the best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 15:29   #3
Dawolf

[QUOTE=Mas Ayoob;18635946]

I would also be remiss if I didn't suggest that you remind you that there are "shall issue" states that have pretty cool beaches...

I have pointed that out. I guess I am a bit nostalgic,, too as the area has a USMC connection for me. I will check out the Cal Guns. Thanks a lot.
Dawolf is offline   Reply With Quote