Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:39   #1
DirtyPete

Delaware ccw permit pain in the ....

Hey, All! I have a WA state ccw permit, but it doesn't do me much good now that I live in Delaware. Question: Why would I apply for a Delaware resident permit which seems like such a pain in the rear and in the wallet when I could just apply for a Florida non-resident one so much easier? (Delaware recognizes FL permits) The only thing I can think is "thats the beauty of America". Are there any pros or cons other than what other states I'd be able to ccw? Thanks for any help or opinions!

Delaware would require me to post application (full name and address) in a newspaper of my county. 35% population in my area. What the ????
DirtyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:55   #2
bigcountry31987

I just went through this whole thing. It is a pain in the butt. If you are a resident of de u must have a de ccw to carry in de Florida will not do. If u live in Newcastle 19720 or bear 19701 u can use the new castle weekly which only costs $25 to post your ad the news journal is like $75. First state firearms training does the course for $150 where others are alot more $$$$ I can give u his number if u want.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 02-28-2012, 08:12   #3
DirtyPete

That sucks. I live in Dover. Do you know if DE recognizes military as firearms training like Florida does. I'll have to find the office in town and stop by to get the word "straight from the horses mouth". Thanks.

Edit: From what I'm reading, Delaware will honor Florida no matter what, however Florida will not honor Delaware unless you are a Delaware state resident. Like I said, I'll findout for sure this Friday.

Last edited by DirtyPete; 02-28-2012 at 10:51..
Old 02-28-2012, 08:34   #4
fuzzy03cls

Wait....You have to post a newspaper add with your info to get a license?
fuzzy03cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:03   #5
DirtyPete

Yes, Application with name and address! Also 5 references. Real pain.

Doesn't make sense that I would need a DE permit to carry. Pretty sure eventhough I am a DE resident, a FL permit will do.

Last edited by DirtyPete; 02-28-2012 at 16:47..
Old 02-28-2012, 13:58   #6
bigcountry31987

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPete View Post
Yes, Application with name and address! Also 5 references. Real pain.

Doesn't make sense that I would need a DE permit to carry. Pretty sure eventhough I am a DE resident, a FL permit will do.

Update - I do not need a DE ccw permit to carry in DE. A FL ccw permit will do just fine. Application, fingerprint card, photo, mil ID, and $117. F you, DE!
i know for a fact a florida permit wont work if you are a de res. u need a de ccw permit to carry
Old 02-28-2012, 14:12   #7
DirtyPete

So I guess it's only good while visiting or passing through. That sucks. Thx bigcountry.
Old 02-28-2012, 15:37   #8
xmanhockey7

It is my understanding no permit is required for open carry.*

*some restrictions may apply check your state and possibly local laws regarding carry/open carry.
Old 02-28-2012, 20:15   #9
bigcountry31987

QUOTE=xmanhockey7;18643882]It is my understanding no permit is required for open carry.*

*some restrictions may apply check your state and possibly local laws regarding carry/open carry.[/QUOTE]

true u can open carry anywhere. deloc.org is delaware's open carry website forum ALOT of info on there. deccw.com is a delaware ccw website forum also ALOT of info. deccw also has links for the ccw application and reference questionairres. first state firearms trainings # is 302 834 0333 the guys name is dave johnson. he also has a website just google first state firearms training you should be able to find it. i think he offers military discounts.
Old 02-28-2012, 20:47   #10
Simpleman71

DE does not recognize military training. You have to take a class. On a good note, once you get DE ccw you can get PA for $26. Just have to drive there to get it.
Simpleman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:05   #11
DirtyPete

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountry31987 View Post
QUOTE=xmanhockey7;18643882]It is my understanding no permit is required for open carry.*

*some restrictions may apply check your state and possibly local laws regarding carry/open carry.
true u can open carry anywhere. deloc.org is delaware's open carry website forum ALOT of info on there. deccw.com is a delaware ccw website forum also ALOT of info. deccw also has links for the ccw application and reference questionairres. first state firearms trainings # is 302 834 0333 the guys name is dave johnson. he also has a website just google first state firearms training you should be able to find it. i think he offers military discounts.[/QUOTE]

Where are they located? They show contact info, but not a location. They do offer a $15 off mil discount. Thanks for all the info, guys!