Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-28-2012, 19:56   #1
DesertEagle
CLM Number 57
OH HELL MY HEAD

Send a message via AIM to DesertEagle Send a message via Yahoo to DesertEagle
Raven CS holster

Well my Raven Concealment is on the way. Got the owb pancake wings as well as the IWB and OWB loops, figure in for a penny, add a pound of customization options. Whole point of a modular holster right.

Looking forward to a new "shiny" in the mail soon.

My Tucker for my 1911 I don't expect for a few more months :D
Bladerunner: #1208 - Forty Club: #1208 - HiPo Club - Niner's: #1208 - Rimfire: #69
DesertEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:21   #2
DesertEagle
CLM Number 57
OH HELL MY HEAD

Well it came yesterday while I was at work. Ordered 1/28, came 3/2. Not bad. Holster looks sturdy, and I feel like it tucks as close as my iwb leather, but a heck of a lot more comfortable. And that's comparing the Raven w/ a 17 vs the iwb w/ a 23.

Very very nice holster.
Bladerunner: #1208 - Forty Club: #1208 - HiPo Club - Niner's: #1208 - Rimfire: #69
Old 03-03-2012, 12:10   #3
Rustin

Did you get a model that offered quick shipping? I know they do this now for glocks and S&W M&P's.
Rustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 13:24   #4
viper144

Excellent choose.....I have two and switch them both from summer IWB to winter OWB. One for the 26 and one for the 19.
KK #144
"Not all you Wonder are Lost"
"You're never Lost if you don't care where you are"
viper144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 15:46   #5
ratf51

You'll not regret your purchase. I have 2, a Phantom and a Phantom LC. Nice to know that someone else in town is totin' in a Raven.
ratf51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 17:18   #6
DesertEagle
CLM Number 57
OH HELL MY HEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustin View Post
Did you get a model that offered quick shipping? I know they do this now for glocks and S&W M&P's.
Yes I chose the quickship for the g17. Figure with the 17 sized holster I can carry the 17 or the 23 fine and have even more options with the 1 holster.

I don't for one second regret dropping the money on the Tucker for the nice leather, there's something about stainless 1911 with nice cocobolo grips that just cries for a dark cherry leather rig with stamping But the Raven is a very functional and comfortable holster, for the practical pistols. As I said originally, I've got a Down Under iwb for my 23, and I've used it for years. Always thought of myself as more of a "leather" man. Just something about the old west gestalt or something, "gun on the hip = leather" type deal. But the Raven has definately opened my eyes. Leather will always have a soft spot, classic is classic, no matter what - but I now accept Kydex as a legitimate answer as well

It was AGAF's thread from back in august asking for opinons and the pics Mikekjg posted of his rig that convinced me to give them a try, and boy am I glad I overcame my "plastic prejudice" and did so.

If anyone else is on the fence, I highly recommend giving them a try. They say a happy customer is the best advertising - in my case, they're probably right. I've already had a few friends check it out and I think they're looking at working one into the budget as well.

Last edited by DesertEagle; 03-03-2012 at 17:18..
Old 03-03-2012, 20:48   #7
mgentry

I had worn my Raven before I ordered the wings for it. After I received the wings and put them on, I did not like the holster with the wings as well as without the wings. I sure like my Raven holster - they are outstanding. I got one for my Glocks (19 and 23) and one for my Sig P229s. Did you get the mag carriers - they are real nice also. Enjoy!
mgentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 21:26   #8
ratf51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgentry View Post
I had worn my Raven before I ordered the wings for it. After I received the wings and put them on, I did not like the holster with the wings as well as without the wings. I sure like my Raven holster - they are outstanding. I got one for my Glocks (19 and 23) and one for my Sig P229s. Did you get the mag carriers - they are real nice also. Enjoy!
Try it with a regular loop on the front and a wing on the back. It is more comfortable (in my opinion) than both wings but still tucks the back/grip/butt of the gun in closer to the body. I carry a Combat Commander this way and have found this to be a very functional set-up.
ratf51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 00:33   #9
DesertEagle
CLM Number 57
OH HELL MY HEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratf51 View Post
Try it with a regular loop on the front and a wing on the back. It is more comfortable (in my opinion) than both wings but still tucks the back/grip/butt of the gun in closer to the body. I carry a Combat Commander this way and have found this to be a very functional set-up.
Yeah i did get the single mag carrier as well, it's not here yet though, had to do 2 orders on 2 paychecks. The first paycheck I did both the Raven order and the Tucker order, and so the extra mag carrier had to wait till another deposit hit