Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-01-2012, 20:15   #1
CC Vegas

Is the G31C available in Gen 4 yet?

I'm loving my G33 Gen 3 as my primary CC weapon, (Ti Taurus .38 as my second), but I'm really thinking about getting a G31 with the compensated barrel as my bedside gun. I have an XD45 with a light on it now, and it's fine for that purpose, but I just dig the ballistics of the .357 Sig cartridge.

I went to the Glock site and they listed the G31 as available in Gen 4, but I didn't see any mention of the 'C' model.
CC Vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:29   #2
jeffreybehr
GAPist #1944

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Vegas View Post
I'm really thinking about getting a G31 with the compensated barrel as my bedside gun.
If you ever shoot a compensated 357SIG pistol in a room and without hearing protection, you may well damage both eardums. I wouldn't get anywhere near a compensated pistol for PD.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:47   #3
CC Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreybehr View Post
If you ever shoot a compensated 357SIG pistol in a room and without hearing protection, you may well damage both eardums. I wouldn't get anywhere near a compensated pistol for PD.
Good point, I'm a sound engineer by trade. Right now my bedside gun is a XD45 Tact, and I guess I could keep that, but was planning on selling it to fund the G31. Maybe I'll take my SPL meter to an indoor range and test them both.
CC Vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:38   #4
PghJim

Do not go with the G31C. In reality, your effective barrel length will be where the first hole stops because pressure will drop from there. I doubt if you will get much more velocity than your G33, and have a lot of noise and flash. It is always better to put the compensator at the end of the barrel. I do not think the "C" is out yet. One of the dealers in my area carries all of the Glock that are available and he does not have a "C" version of the Gen 4 G31.
PghJim is offline   Reply With Quote