Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-02-2012, 22:14   #1
nacskins
Bleeding B&G

Send a message via AIM to nacskins Send a message via Yahoo to nacskins
Spring Break Travel

I am a TEXAS CHL licensed. My family and I are driving from TX to DE for spring Break. I am new to CHL and am curious if anyone knows of any laws in other states that i might need to pay special attention to. Before we cross into MD i will unholster, unload and store my firearm in the back until we cross back into DE. Any and all advice welcome.
G1 Niners Club #614
Lone Star Glockers #614
nacskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 22:31   #2
Blaster
Hunc tu caveto

Plan your route and familiarize yourself with the laws of each state you will be traveling through. http://www.handgunlaw.us/ I would go to each individual state's web site to verify data.

Make sure you have carry permits that cover the states on your route.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 22:58   #3
nacskins
Bleeding B&G

Send a message via AIM to nacskins Send a message via Yahoo to nacskins
Yup already doing so. Texas CHL is good for all states we travel thru except for MD.
G1 Niners Club #614
Lone Star Glockers #614
nacskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 13:37   #4
kensteele

Write your congressperson and let them know you need one comprehensive law across all states that cover law-abiding ccw travelers when they leave their homes as they cross thousands of jurisdictions where they can't be completely aware of the all the current rules, policies, ordinances, customs, statutes, and laws.

Tell your congressperson you need protection from anti-left liberals, corrupt state governments, over-zealous law enforcement, anti-gun citizens, and uncaring gun owners as well as hardcore criminals on every street corner in every town who's job it is to turn you into a felon and eventually strip you of your rights to carry for self-protection.

Currently there is a federal law that covers you but your weapon must be unloaded and out of reach and you have to be legal from the start to the end without stopping. Plus that federal law is ignored at will so it's long on language and weak on actual protection where it's needed the most (at the traffic stop).

Write your congressperson and ask for relief before it is too late. Have a safe trip.
kensteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 14:35   #5
xmanhockey7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensteele View Post
Write your congressperson and let them know you need one comprehensive law across all states that cover law-abiding ccw travelers when they leave their homes as they cross thousands of jurisdictions where they can't be completely aware of the all the current rules, policies, ordinances, customs, statutes, and laws.

Tell your congressperson you need protection from anti-left liberals, corrupt state governments, over-zealous law enforcement, anti-gun citizens, and uncaring gun owners as well as hardcore criminals on every street corner in every town who's job it is to turn you into a felon and eventually strip you of your rights to carry for self-protection.

Currently there is a federal law that covers you but your weapon must be unloaded and out of reach and you have to be legal from the start to the end without stopping. Plus that federal law is ignored at will so it's long on language and weak on actual protection where it's needed the most (at the traffic stop).

Write your congressperson and ask for relief before it is too late. Have a safe trip.
I assume you're referring to the National Right to Carry Act. Even if that does become law one is still responsible for knowing the laws of the state which they are entering.