Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-05-2012, 23:48   #41
TSAX
USAF Vet

The Glock 36 is a nice weapon its like many guns some like it some dont, to each his own, many people hate on the GAP models, C models, OD models, Gen 4 models, sometimes it doesnt matter what other f--king people think. If you like it more power to you. Ive always liked it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

GSSF Member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NRA Member

Last edited by TSAX; 04-05-2012 at 23:49..
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 21:36   #42
fasteddie565
Combat Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc45 View Post
Maybe my friends here can help me? I carry a G30SF every day in one of two IBW holsters it is very comfortable I almost forget its there. It shoots great and I've had no issues. But I have a desire for a more compact 45 acp the G36 is the same size frame with less capacity which I'm willing to loose but I can't see buying the same gun with less capacity. Has anyone shot or do they own a Kahr CW45 or a PM45? That's what I'm leaning to. I looked at a PM45 today the spring was so strong I had a hard time getting it locked open but it felt great in my hand. Has any one had any experience with Kahr arms? I'm looking for some trusted advice here so any ideas about compact 45s is greatly appreciated.
Thanks. Mc45

Bogey sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My business partner bought one and the magazines split. Both if them. He sold it the next day
Old 04-09-2012, 06:57   #43
highfructosecornsyrp

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfructosecornsyrp View Post
I got a crazy deal on a 36, couldn't walk away from it. Since then I have contemplated trading it away, but the longer I have it the more I realize it truly is the best concealed carry gun I could buy. The only thing that could give it a run for it's money is a subcompact 1911. However, because those things cost twice as much as this glock, the glock wins.

The only improvement I could make is for them to offer a 5 round magazine that fits flush. Honestly, a 6 shooter is enough for me and I can carry a reload or two so...what's important is how well the thing carries and massive capacity tends to bring down carryability...I wish that guy that made a 5 round magazine was still around, I'd like to buy a magazine and make one...

Anyone know how to do it, please PM me...I don't understand whether he used the bottom or top of the baseplate after grinding it down...
Ok I looked at the mag and I figured out how to do it...next time I see a cheap 36 magazine I'm going to go ahead and cut it down. Wish that guy was still around to see how well it worked in the long run. Oh well...
highfructosecornsyrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:57   #44
fasteddie565
Combat Diver

Update on my G 36 plight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockback View Post
Ahhhh, that makes sense.

Overall, particularly with Glocks, I'm a believer in stock parts replacements.
Glad you like your Kimber Ultra Super Carry. Another terrific compact .45!

An update....

New RSA, new extractor group (Rod spring, plunger and extractor) and a new slide lock (The old one was bent)

I installed the slide lock wrong initially, but had no issues with highend Remington ammo. Reinstalled the slide lock and will hit the range again today for a final report.

Do you guys shoot reloads and lesser quality ammo? Any issues?

Range report.

After 150 rds of Aguilla (sp) 230 grn RN FMJ I had ZERO issues. I had one brand new factory mag, a used factory mag and a Pierce +1 magazine. It shot well. I am about 300-400 rds from passing final judgement. My next test is to shoot some blazer or wolf through it.

Hopefully we can put her back in the line up.

Last edited by fasteddie565; 04-22-2012 at 20:40..
fasteddie565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 18:26   #45
fasteddie565
Combat Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddie565 View Post
An update....

New RSA, new extractor group (Rod spring, plunger and extractor) and a new slide lock (The old one was bent)

I installed the slide lock wrong initially, but had no issues with highend Remington ammo. Reinstalled the slide lock and will hit the range again today for a final report.

Range report.

After 150 rds of Aguilla (sp) 230 grn RN FMJ I had ZERO issues. I had one brand new factory mag, a used factory mag and a Pierce +1 magazine. It shot well. I am about 300-400 rds from passing final judgement. My next test is to shoot some blazer or wolf through it.

OK, 150 rds of Blazer Al case ammo with zero issues. I believe I may have fixed the issue. I will put about 200 more rounds through her and place my beloved G 36 back in the line up.
Old 05-04-2012, 19:51   #46
Lockback
Polymerlicious!

Quote:
OK, 150 rds of Blazer Al case ammo with zero issues. I believe I may have fixed the issue. I will put about 200 more rounds through her and place my beloved G 36 back in the line up.
Nice! Let us know how it's going!
Lockback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:38   #47
fasteddie565
Combat Diver

Quote:
Nice! Let us know how it's going!

I just started reloading again after 20 years. I loaded about 100 230 grn RN FMJ with a moderate powder charge. If she shoots these OK, I think I am back in business.

ETA I fired 50 rds of 230 grn rn fmj reloads yesterday, all without a hitch. I am almost there. Now for a few boxes of Speer GDHP (Carry ammo) and I am good to go.

Last edited by fasteddie565; 05-06-2012 at 04:45..
fasteddie565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 16:18   #48
Lockback
Polymerlicious!

Quote:
I just started reloading again after 20 years. I loaded about 100 230 grn RN FMJ with a moderate powder charge. If she shoots these OK, I think I am back in business.

ETA I fired 50 rds of 230 grn rn fmj reloads yesterday, all without a hitch. I am almost there. Now for a few boxes of Speer GDHP (Carry ammo) and I am good to go.
I'm reloading again too, after a lapse of about 12 years. One thing: the G36 doesn't like wimp loads.
Lockback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 15:43   #49
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
An update....

Range report.

OK amigo.... Do NOT be offended in any way here..
I have a ton of Glocks and a ton of everything. I EDC "when I go to town," a M1911 45acp I am an old dude and set in my ways and just think 45acp is the way to go.

I have among all these toys a G36. I got around 1500+ rds through it of all kinds of factory loads, and a ton of my Hand loads that are hot .. Strong +P's.

I have NEVER had one issue fron this gun of ANY kind at all...

I am sorry your having issues, BUT. As much of a pain in the butt as it may be. I assure you, that if new mag springs don't fix it, and even if you drop in a all new trigger bar extractor/ejector extractor rod and spring with bearing. Even if you drop 45.00 on all this and put all new guts in... i cannot believe it will not shoot 100% unless it is shooters error... Now don't get PO'd at me. My brother had the same problem with his 3"+ 45's, sent back and forth to the factory, and NO resolve. I kept telling him it is his grip.. he got semi angry.. haha

He kept this up until he finally listened to me. Once I showed him the right way to shoot these little 45's he now dropped the ego, and keeps all his rounds in the 10 ring.

Moral here: I do not believe your gun is shot to heck. I would lay out oh 60.00/75.00 and replace all the parts, now you "know" there is NOT a parts problem, (the little gun is really worth it man) then get some good quality 230gr FMJ's and go to town with it. If it continues to jam..... It is you !

These G36's shoot great and all this problematic crap is 98% internet crap, the rest is shooter error, i do not care if a man has been shooting 44 mags all his life, (as I have) he can still have shooter error with the smaller 45's I see it all the time teaching folks to shoot combat.

Just a suggestion amigo, but I would buy new mag springs, and ALL new inards for the reciever and a new extractor, plunger rod and spring and bearing and if that does not run 100% with everything fed to it... Polish the feed ramp to a mirror.. if it still jams.... It is you.

I assure you what I am telling you will at least put your mind at rest and not cost you much more than 75.00. It is worth it pard..

I have two things done to my 36 and all my glocks frankly despite the "experts on GT", I always mirror polish the feed ramp and chamber, and put a 3.5 # connector in. The connector is just cause I want to.. But the polish jobs have, I believe, helped. I can say this to you that in every caliber Glock I own, and that is a plenty, I hand load for them all, and have never had one issue with any of them in 14 years.

Hopes this helps some amigo..

Bless ya

CM

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 16:06   #50
tankermw

I love my 36

I just got gack from the range and my 36 performed as usual ....FLAWLESS. Mine was used and had a problem initially but since getting the slide stop replaced I'm approx 800 rds in and not one problem. It's usually my IWB carry. I love mine because...it's a 45, it's light to carry, I can sweat all over it and it doesn't rust, and it's a Glock. Fits in well with my 19 and 23.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:22   #51
OMEGA5

Quote:
It gets no respect.
Two of my favorite gun people, Massad Ayoob and hickock45 - of YouTube fame - ignore it. Both say the G30 packs more rounds and is therefore better. Or that the same-sized Baby Glocks carry more rounds in an even smaller package.
I've had mine for over ten years and it's my EDC gun. (I also have a Gen2 G19 that I love, but the G36 fits my hand and conceals even a little better).
I mean, to each their own. And I respect the opinions of experienced gun guys like Mas and hickock45, who have put many more rounds downrange than I ever have and served in law enforcement. But I still think the G36 is a terrific carry gun. With 7 rounds of .45ACP on hand plus a quick 6-round reload, you're talking up to 13 Big Boys on tap. My gun has been totally reliable. No issues.
So what gives? Why doesn't the G36 get any love?

What say you?
The 36 is like a mule in the 19th century. The mule done the
work, kept people fed, clothed and in supply of everything
necessary for everyday life but didn't get a second glance.
Only a few people knew that the best riding animal on the
planet was the mule and knew how versatile it could be.

The 36 is like the mule. It's not pretty, but it gets the job
done and is as reliable as the sun rising in the east. Only
a few people understand, that's the real beauty in any
firearm. The 36 really is a beautiful weapon.
Dano
OMEGA5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 20:51   #52
Rob1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCK17DB9 View Post
Well I just gave it some respect! I purchased one on Saturday. Tomorrow I will see how much I love it!
I have a 26 and would like to know what the size differences between the 26 and the 36. I'm happy with the size I'd the 26. Thanks in advance.
Rob1109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:33   #53
Wetrudgeon

Rob:
Somebody posted some photos of the two for size comparison around this forum within the past few days. Can't find the message string (too lazy to search very hard), but you may want to try the search and see if you can come up with it. There were a couple of excellent photos that made for good size comparison.

We trudge on.
Wetrudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 00:16   #54
eagle00

Size comparison G-36 v G-26

For a poster of a side by side comparison of the G-36 + the G-26, Google "pictures glock 36". Scroll down to the fifth page and you will see the 36 + 26 together; a poster with a red border. Also, go to
http://us.glock.com/products. The Glock web-site has 360 degree rotational pictures of all their models. You can get a view of every angle you desire, paste + copy them for a side by side comparison.
For me, the most critical measurements for CCW are the width + height of the pistol. The G-36 is "considerably" thinner than the G-26 as far as CCW is concerned. Though on paper the thicknesses are not that different, for me it does translate into an appreciable difference on my waistband, as I am not a big guy. The G-26 is appreciably shorter in height. You just need to make a decision on the trade-offs: Capacity of 10+1 9mm vs. 6+1 .45ACP; Width; Height; etc...
Best of luck.
eagle00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 17:03   #55
slainer

New G36 owner!

Just picked up my new G36! Put a Pearce +1 on one mag and left the other flush for ccw. It has a date of 4/2012. hot off the line! Feels great! Good shooter! Any recommendations on a IWB holster? Simple not expensive! Looking to put a Glock nite sight on the front also.... And thats it!!
Slainer
slainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 17:07   #56
GLOCK17DB9

I love this gun for concealed carry. I also love taking it to the range and making large holes in things! Thats why I have 2!
Old 06-26-2012, 17:47   #57
eagle00

G-36 IWB Holster

I searched for a thin kydex IWB holster for my G-36. Saw many manufacturers but was drawn to PJ Holsters because of lack of "bulkiness" of the holster, a good price and satisfaction guarantee. His website is pjholsters.com. I got the canted deep concealment holster for the G-36 and I am most pleased with it. It is very comfortable (I like thin and not bulky IWB holsters) and very easy to re-holster the firearm when needed. I also like the trigger on a Glock to be fully encased in order to avoid any possible "Murphy's Law" circumstances with it inadvertently snagging, getting caught, etc... resulting in an accidental discharge. All other companies selling kydex holsters encase the trigger, but I like the size, thickness (lack of) and replacement guarantee of PJ's.

Best of luck.
eagle00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:05   #58
amacro

My new G36!

Picked one up in Ocala Gun Show price was not so great but not bad $540 out the door- I've wanted one of these for years! I've got a Sig P220 compact SAS smooth shooter but to fat for EDC for me anyway - looking to do some mods like a 3.5 lb trigger which seems popular also looking at night sights options, anyway this gun fits my hand like a glove, I'm thrilled fits in my G19 holster perfectly it's a cobraskin brand kydex/leather IWB made here in Florida. Waiting to go shooting, so I've joined the club and looking forward to many years of peaceful carrying!
Al
amacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 22:30   #59
Pecos Bill

Here is the pic of the 26 vs the 36

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1427110
Pecos Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:35   #60
mrmedina
NRA Member

My G36 is going on 5 years for CCW. I always feel safe with it.

Big Dawg #1406, Sub Club #104
Kalashnikov Klub# 1105, Black Rifle Forum #1105
mrmedina is offline   Reply With Quote