GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:30   #1
alfred10

Glock 21 with ligh on molle for homedefense? Any molle light holsters?

I am going to run a plate carrier with stand alone plates for home defense. I can throw it on really quick and it has everything I need. Going to keep an extra surefire e2D, IFAK med kit, some sort of knife, extra rifle mags, pistol mags, pistol, FRS radio, fox mean green 4 oz stream, flex cuffs, and a cell phone. Any other ideas?

Want to mount my Glock 21 with a Surefire x300 to the front of the carrier. As much as I hate the Blackhawk Serpa it would work well for this but they don't make one for the surefire!

My primary is my AK, surefire x400,aimpoint micro, single point sling.
alfred10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 13:19   #2
Bren
NRA Life Member

alfred10.

Go for it.

Carry Issues
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 13:27   #3
kodiakpb

....lol
kodiakpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 13:34   #4
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred10 View Post
I am going to run a plate carrier with stand alone plates for home defense. I can throw it on really quick and it has everything I need. Going to keep an extra surefire e2D, IFAK med kit, some sort of knife, extra rifle mags, pistol mags, pistol, FRS radio, fox mean green 4 oz stream, flex cuffs, and a cell phone. Any other ideas?

Want to mount my Glock 21 with a Surefire x300 to the front of the carrier. As much as I hate the Blackhawk Serpa it would work well for this but they don't make one for the surefire!

My primary is my AK, surefire x400,aimpoint micro, single point sling.

Are those handcuffs going to be large enough to fit around a bear's paws?......
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 13:57   #5
GRT45
Transform & Win

Quote:
alfred10, assuming you're serious about this, I suggest the Blade-Tech WRS (Weapon Retention System) level 2 retention holster equipped with their Modular Mounting System. You can get it for the Glock 21 with x300 light. The holster can be mounted on a thigh rig, belt, or chest attachment using a pair of the Blade-Tech Molle-Loks.

http://www.blade-tech.com/TMMS-WRS-T...h-pr-1259.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout

Last edited by GRT45; 03-08-2012 at 15:54..
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:24   #6
swinokur

Safariland
swinokur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:03   #7
Toetag
Wannabe

Quote:
and a Partridge in a Pear tree...........
Toetag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:24   #8
alfred10

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
Safariland
Do they have a molle mount Safariland?
Old 03-09-2012, 10:24   #9
alfred10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRT45 View Post
alfred10, assuming you're serious about this, I suggest the Blade-Tech WRS (Weapon Retention System) level 2 retention holster equipped with their Modular Mounting System. You can get it for the Glock 21 with x300 light. The holster can be mounted on a thigh rig, belt, or chest attachment using a pair of the Blade-Tech Molle-Loks.

http://www.blade-tech.com/TMMS-WRS-T...h-pr-1259.html

Blade-Tech WRS Holster with Modular Mount System
Does the Blade Tech molle mount work on all their holsters? I prefer a single retention.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:44   #10
GRT45
Transform & Win

Quote:
Does the Blade Tech molle mount work on all their holsters? I prefer a single retention.
You will have to contact Blade-Tech for suggestions on using the Molle-Lok fasteners to secure other holsters not equipped with the Modular Mount System adapter.

Think carefully about a level 2 retention holster for a chest mount. Consider when you're swinging the vest on and off, moving around, the momentum of the pistol as you quickly change direction, go prone, etc. You're much more likely to lose the pistol from the chest mount holster without secure retention than if it were in a belt or thigh holster.

GLOCK Certified Armorer,
Member,

Last edited by GRT45; 03-09-2012 at 18:02..
Old 03-09-2012, 13:52   #11
alfred10

I don't like the idea of having to rock back a chest mounted holster. I am going to go with the Safariland 6377. It has a hidden thumb release, allows me to run an X300, and has a break off strength of 140 pounds. It is around 50 bucks and doesnt have a rock back motion.
Old 03-09-2012, 14:38   #12
GRT45
Transform & Win

Safariland is a good choice for a Glock with light. I think you will be pleased with the quality. I own some horizontal mag carriers from Safariland. Blade-Tech, Safariland, and Raven Concealment Systems are the three best-known suppliers of holsters that accommodate a light.

GLOCK Certified Armorer,
Member,

Last edited by GRT45; 03-09-2012 at 17:56..
Old 03-09-2012, 15:08   #13
dosei

Safariland 6004-5 MOLLE Adapter Plate, used in conjuction with a Safariland SLS holster.

...or use the Safariland MLS system...
http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/duty/mls.aspx
"Know where the attack against you is likely to come, whether on the street or in court, and have a proven counter already in place" (Mas Ayoob)

Last edited by dosei; 03-09-2012 at 15:10..
dosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 16:24   #14
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:

Want to mount my Glock 21 with a Surefire x300 to the front of the carrier. As much as I hate the Blackhawk Serpa it would work well for this but they don't make one for the surefire! My primary is my AK, surefire x400,aimpoint micro, single point sling.
Gasp! (You're not kidding; are you!)

Having already lived through something like this it's been my experience that home invasion events tend to be over very quickly. (60 seconds would be a long time.)

No sensible home invasion burglar is going to be interested in participating in a long drawn out gunfight inside your home. An expended magazine, here and there, would be about as far as things are going to go.

Consequently, I think you're over-preparing for the event. I sleep with a pistol underneath the pillow; that's all the firepower I honestly expect to need. I do keep a cell phone and a 250 lumens light next to the bed as well as a Pit Bulldog who sleeps at my feet; BUT, that's it!

Personally, I would never fix my tac light to my gun. I want to retain the ability to move the gun and the light, separately. I, also, have another advantage over someone breaking into our home. (I know where the light switches are!)

Do you really need a vest and all those SD gadgets? Will you even have time to don or employ any of them? I didn't. If it ever does happen either you'll see it coming and, indeed, have time to get ready, (Not likely to happen) or everything's going to occur in the, 'blink of an eye'. (Which I suspect is much more likely to happen.)

So, if it makes you feel better to over-prepare yourself - Fine! If it ever happens to us, again, I'll just be glad to have a gun in my hands rather than to have to rely upon two Pit Bulldogs to have to clear the house for us.

One last thing: About that tac light. The best way to engage a burglar with a tac light is to have someone else stand at 90 degrees from your position and employ the light for you. (Your interloper will never know what hit him!)

Last edited by Arc Angel; 03-09-2012 at 16:28..
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:11   #15
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
Are those handcuffs going to be large enough to fit around a bear's paws?......