Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:34   #1
coleslaw

Pistol combo setup question

I have a Glock 26 and two HK45c's... Two totally different guns both in caliber and manual of arms but both so super awesome in their own way.

My question is do I go with the Glock 26 and Glock 19 combo or HK45c and HK45 combo?... I might sell one of the HK45c's to fund a G19+extra/holster & ammo it's not a definite. I just might outright buy the Glock 19. But for the full size HK45 I would def sell/trade one of the HK45c's, don't make much sense to own 2 HK45c's and one full size HK45.

Sooooo...
Glock 26/Glock 19?
or
HK45c/HK45?

And to throw a curveball in here what about a Walther PPS 9mm/Walther PPQ 9mm combo/setup? Seems like the PPQ is the cats meow, but the only thing that turns me off from the PPQ is the lack of accesories and holsters, seems like it's catching on but what attracts me to the Glock is the unlimited world of accesories, extra parts, mods and holsters.

ALSO ARE THE GLOCK 19 GEN 4's RELIABLE & DEPENDABLE NOW?
coleslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:41   #2
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post

I wouldn't touch one. No friggen way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:00   #3
HKLovingIT
Resident Evil

Quote:
I have a Glock 26 and two HK45c's... Two totally different guns both in caliber and manual of arms but both so super awesome in their own way.

My question is do I go with the Glock 26 and Glock 19 combo or HK45c and HK45 combo?... I might sell one of the HK45c's to fund a G19+extra/holster & ammo it's not a definite. I just might outright buy the Glock 19. But for the full size HK45 I would def sell/trade one of the HK45c's, don't make much sense to own 2 HK45c's and one full size HK45.

Sooooo...
Glock 26/Glock 19?
or
HK45c/HK45?

And to throw a curveball in here what about a Walther PPS 9mm/Walther PPQ 9mm combo/setup? Seems like the PPQ is the cats meow, but the only thing that turns me off from the PPQ is the lack of accesories and holsters, seems like it's catching on but what attracts me to the Glock is the unlimited world of accesories, extra parts, mods and holsters.

What do you want it for? Just for range fun, carry, home?

кто пукнул здесь?
Nescio, sed foetet.
HKLovingIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:27   #4
coleslaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKLovingIT View Post
What do you want it for? Just for range fun, carry, home?
Oh sorry. The Glock 26 carries fine in the summer and the HK45c carries fine in the winter so carry isn't that important to me. I guess range and HD (glock 19 will be carried sometimes), I am going to take a class this summer and would like a gun to run alot and run hard. It would def be cheaper to run the Glock 19 and I like the market for Glock 19 extras and according to older folks, shooting .45 acp is going to take it's toll after a while. As far as the HK45 it would strictly be for HD and range, it's awesome, it's a HK and that's about all there is too it Lol. So even though the Glock 19/26 combo seems more logical the HK45c/HK45 is alot more cooler.

I have to admit though, if I had two 9mm's I would def be shooting more than if I owned two .45's. Only reason I don't shoot as much now is because of the price of .45 ammo and shooting a subcompact gets unpleasent after about a 1/2 hour, I can't explain it's just easier and more comfortable to shoot bigger guns so I naturally shoot my bigger guns more.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:51   #5
HKLovingIT
Resident Evil

Quote:
Oh sorry. The Glock 26 carries fine in the summer and the HK45c carries fine in the winter so carry isn't that important to me. I guess range and HD (glock 19 will be carried sometimes), I am going to take a class this summer and would like a gun to run alot and run hard. It would def be cheaper to run the Glock 19 and I like the market for Glock 19 extras and according to older folks, shooting .45 acp is going to take it's toll after a while. As far as the HK45 it would strictly be for HD and range, it's awesome, it's a HK and that's about all there is too it Lol. So even though the Glock 19/26 combo seems more logical the HK45c/HK45 is alot more cooler.

I have to admit though, if I had two 9mm's I would def be shooting more than if I owned two .45's. Only reason I don't shoot as much now is because of the price of .45 ammo and shooting a subcompact gets unpleasent after about a 1/2 hour, I can't explain it's just easier and more comfortable to shoot bigger guns so I naturally shoot my bigger guns more.
Ok. Well, let me throw in a Gen 3 G17 as a recommendation for your stated purpose. I have the 26,19,17. I could live without my G19. I carry the G26 and the G17 is plenty for home, for range fun and can be run a lot and hard. I think a G26 for carry, G17 for home combo is pretty awesome.

If I was going to get rid of one HK45C for another HK, I would opt for the USP .45 Full Size. I like the old school ergos a bit better.

кто пукнул здесь?
Nescio, sed foetet.

Last edited by HKLovingIT; 03-11-2012 at 12:54..
Old 03-11-2012, 12:54   #6
coleslaw

Quote:
Ok. Well, let me throw in a Gen 3 G17 as a recommendation for your stated purpose. I have the 26,19,17. I could live without my G19. I carry the G26 and the G17 is plenty for home, for range fun and can be run a lot and hard. I think a G26 for carry, G17 for home combo is pretty awesome.

Do you ever carry the 17 in colder weather like under a jacket or is it just way too big to carry?
Old 03-11-2012, 12:58   #7
HKLovingIT
Resident Evil

Quote:
Do you ever carry the 17 in colder weather like under a jacket or is it just way too big to carry?

Nope, it's not too big to carry under a winter jacket and I have done it a time or two. For me though, in winter, when I am not at work, I often opt to carry a USP Compact .45 or P2000 .40 or P2000sk .40. Depends where I'm going and what I'm doing.

When I carry my G26 I carry with the factory 12 round mag most of the time so it's like having a bobtail G19 anyway.

кто пукнул здесь?
Nescio, sed foetet.

Last edited by HKLovingIT; 03-11-2012 at 13:01..
Old 03-11-2012, 13:18   #8
TSAX
USAF Vet

They are both good combo choices, I luv my Glock 19 but the HK45 is an excellent gun as well. Tough choice, Id say get the G19 first and get the HK45 later.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

GSSF Member

NRA Member
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 14:02   #9
jknight8907

It's nice to have guns that interchange magazines and holsters. I don't know if the HK is like that, but the G26 and G19 will have compatible magazines and use the same holster.
jknight8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 14:14   #10
Bruce M

My opinion- sell one of the HK45c's and get a full size HK45 and get a G17 or G19 magazine and the sleeve for it to fit the G26. Then you will have three different sized guns and for me at least the magazine with the sleeve gives more of a full grip to the G26. Of course that decision would be easy for me as a full size USP or a G26 are what I carry nearly all the time.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.

Last edited by Bruce M; 03-11-2012 at 14:16..
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:22   #11
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
I think a G26 for carry, G17 for home combo is pretty awesome.
You'll want to hold them side by side but my conclusion was the 17 for the range and home. Carry too, as long as don't need to bend over much, obviously the short gripped 26 is better for that.

Nothing wrong with a 19, but since you have the 26, give the 17 a look.

Here's a few good 2 gun combos:
19 and 34
26 and 17
CM9 and 19
LCP and 26

But 26 and 19 doesn't seem a popular combo. Lots of guys get rid of one or the other, and get something else for that 2nd gun. Just an observation

Last edited by ithaca_deerslayer; 03-12-2012 at 06:25..
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:55   #12
EL COLONEL

Keep both 45's and the 9 then save and get the 19 . HK's cost a lot . Glocks not as much .....
Old 03-12-2012, 08:11   #13
TN.Frank
Mad Hatter

JMHO but if you like the 9x19mm round then I'd go G26/G17 or if you'd rather have the 45acp then I think the G36/G21 combo would be a good way to go. Even the compact H&K is larger then either the G26 or G36 so if you want something smaller for EDC/CCW I'd dump both H&K's and get a G17 to go with your G26 or sell all of em' and start over with the single stack G36 for EDC/CCW and a G21 for HD/Plinking. Like I said, JMHO, YMMV.