Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-12-2012, 21:59   #1
Gun Smoke

G24 Barrel

Does anyone know where I can find an extended threaded barrel for my G24? Thanks in advance.
Gun Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 22:35   #2
Gun Smoke

I forgot to mention. A barrel that is not a Lone Wolf. Not sure if they make a barrel for the G24 but I'm not interested in their product.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:59   #3
Breadman03

Send a message via Skype™ to Breadman03
I would contact KKM or Bar Sto.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Wants a G41
Breadman03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:34   #4
Gun Smoke

Thanks Breadman. Yeah I have called KKM, Bar-sto, and Jarvis. None make anything past six inches.
Old 03-13-2012, 20:52   #5
Gun Smoke

I'm new here and while I've owned Glocks for 20 years I haven't monkey'd with em much. You folks I know are the experts. I guess it's safe to say I'm not going to be able to put my suppressor on my 24?
Old 03-13-2012, 21:03   #6
crazymoose
Nonentity

Why the aversion to Lone Wolf? They have what you're looking for in stock as I write this.

Doubt is an unpleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. Voltaire
crazymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 23:31   #7
Gun Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymoose View Post
Why the aversion to Lone Wolf? They have what you're looking for in stock as I write this.
I ordered a Lasermax from them and waited 12 weeks to get it. I could have had it in 3 days from another company. They won't to tell me who makes or where their barrels are made. They don't make them they are just distributors. I think they are way over priced for a barrel built in a third world country. If the barrels were made in a country they could be proud of they would tell me. I assume china? Certainly if it was USA, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, any first world country for that matter I'm sure they would be proud to tell me. I don't trust them. I think they're selling a $40 barrel for $160 bucks.
Old 03-14-2012, 00:34   #8
crazymoose
Nonentity

Gun companies keeping parts soures secret is nothing new. Colt won't tell you, for example. People seem happy with LW barrels from everything I've heard.

Old 03-14-2012, 00:55   #9
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Gun companies keeping parts soures secret is nothing new. Colt won't tell you, for example. People seem happy with LW barrels from everything I've heard.
Barrel - yes(well, mostly). Customer service, wait times, and not keeping people up to date when wait times on a product they ordered change? Not so much.

Last edited by WoodenPlank; 03-14-2012 at 00:56..
WoodenPlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:59   #10
crazymoose
Nonentity

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
Barrel - yes(well, mostly). Customer service, wait times, and not keeping people up to date when wait times on a product they ordered change? Not so much.
This is why I don't place orders on back-ordered products, regardless of the company.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:36   #11
Gun Smoke

Quote:
Little bit of a stretch to compare Colt to Lone Wolf. Colt is a manufacturer; Lone Wolf is a distributer.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:03   #12
toshbar
Timber Baron

I'd go with the lone wolf over not having one.

You do realize your 24 will be almost as long as a Mosin Nagant with a suppressor threaded on?
2 4 R

toshbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:05   #13
Gun Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshbar View Post
You do realize your 24 will be almost as long as a Mosin Nagant with a suppressor threaded on?
I know if I can find a barrel I'm going to have to switch from a holster to a scabbard.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:42   #14
RYT 2BER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Smoke View Post
Thanks Breadman. Yeah I have called KKM, Bar-sto, and Jarvis. None make anything past six inches.
I'm not surprised... if anyone made such a thing it would be a VERY niche product at best... its already a long slide so to extend, thread and add something wouldn't be practical at all.

Personally I think you are more interested in doing for the "shock" value vs anything utilitarian in nature... nothing wrong with that per se, but sounds like a tough hill to climb..
Old 03-15-2012, 11:12   #15
crazymoose
Nonentity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYT 2BER View Post
I'm not surprised... if anyone made such a thing it would be a VERY niche product at best... its already a long slide so to extend, thread and add something wouldn't be practical at all.

Personally I think you are more interested in doing for the "shock" value vs anything utilitarian in nature... nothing wrong with that per se, but sounds like a tough hill to climb..
Longslides are usually better shooters, and suppressing a pistol makes a lot of sense for a lot of scenarios.

Old 03-15-2012, 16:56   #16
Gun Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYT 2BER View Post

wouldn't be practical at all.

Personally I think you are more interested in doing for the "shock" value vs anything utilitarian in nature
Uh, I haven't planned on shocking anyone but I'm guessing by your post you'd be shocked if you saw it. If that ever happens sorry in advance for upsetting your sensibilities. Regardless the fact that there are some practical reasons for shooting the pistol suppressed. That's not why I'm doing it. I'm doing it because I can.

Shock value; that's funny. Never crossed my mind someone out there would be shocked. Now I know. Just out of curiosity would you be shocked if you saw me using my suppressor on my 5 inch P226? All the difference an inch makes I suppose.
Old 03-15-2012, 20:05   #17
toshbar
Timber Baron

I wanted to put a comp on the end of my 24 for the shock value of a 12" upper length. then I thought about it some more and decided it wasn't worth $350.

I do wish they would make the 24 barrels with the end ported instead of the middle. Middle ports blow soot all over the front sight.
2 4 R

toshbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 21:53   #18
RYT 2BER

Quote:
Longslides are usually better shooters, and suppressing a pistol makes a lot of sense for a lot of scenarios.
Quote:
Uh, I haven't planned on shocking anyone but I'm guessing by your post you'd be shocked if you saw it. If that ever happens sorry in advance for upsetting your sensibilities. Regardless the fact that there are some practical reasons for shooting the pistol suppressed. That's not why I'm doing it. I'm doing it because I can.

Shock value; that's funny. Never crossed my mind someone out there would be shocked. Now I know. Just out of curiosity would you be shocked if you saw me using my suppressor on my 5 inch P226? All the difference an inch makes I suppose.
Yeah you guys keep talking.... there is a reason nobody makes it...

Are you clear now.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:50   #19
unsigned

Quote:
I ordered a Lasermax from them and waited 12 weeks to get it. I could have had it in 3 days from another company. They won't to tell me who makes or where their barrels are made. They don't make them they are just distributors. I think they are way over priced for a barrel built in a third world country. If the barrels were made in a country they could be proud of they would tell me. I assume china? Certainly if it was USA, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, any first world country for that matter I'm sure they would be proud to tell me. I don't trust them. I think they're selling a $40 barrel for $160 bucks.
Do you even know what the term 'third world country' means? China isn't one....

Who really care's anyway? The quality is good, the seller is an American company, so the profits stay here.