Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-15-2012, 23:34   #1
ADRIANOsoprano

Please help...Im trying to find a video

Hey all, so my buddy and I were discussing pros and cons of carrying with a round in the chamber. In our discussion, I mentioned a video I saw a couple years ago that showed an armed jewelery clerk/owner being shot by assailants. The video clearly shows the jewelry clerk struggle to load a round in the chamber of his weapon. he ultimately died and I don't believe was able to get a single shot off. I explained that after I saw that video that I decided to always carry +1 and I'd love to show him the video. The only problem is I'm having the hardest time finding this video online. Does anyone have a URL to the video? Any help is appreciated!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
ADRIANOsoprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:34   #2
Jim S.

What arguement does he have against carrying one in the chamber?
Most people who think this way are not going to change their thoughts on it just because of a video or however many good arguements we could present to him.
Why don't you play a game with him.
Be sure to have each of your guns unloaded. Make sure they are completely safe.
Holster them and tell him that when you draw your weapon he can draw his too.
Only he has to rack the slide before he can shoot and you simply have to point yours and shoot.
Then ask him how he feels about not having one in the chamber now.
Old 03-16-2012, 14:18   #3
hogship
It's MY Island

Virtually everyone who doesn't carry with a round in the chamber is doing it because of safety concerns......they are worried about an AD. I have no problem with anyone who feels this way, but I will be concentrating on doing everything possible to give me the best advantage I can to prevail in a SD situation. An unloaded gun is plainly a disadvantage.......and will cost you time, when time is a critical element in stopping a deadly threat. There is no good reason to not have a round in the chamber, unless the gun leaves your possession.

ooc
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by hogship; 03-16-2012 at 14:19..
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 18:57   #4
HKLovingIT
Resident Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADRIANOsoprano View Post
Hey all, so my buddy and I were discussing pros and cons of carrying with a round in the chamber. In our discussion, I mentioned a video I saw a couple years ago that showed an armed jewelery clerk/owner being shot by assailants. The video clearly shows the jewelry clerk struggle to load a round in the chamber of his weapon. he ultimately died and I don't believe was able to get a single shot off. I explained that after I saw that video that I decided to always carry +1 and I'd love to show him the video. The only problem is I'm having the hardest time finding this video online. Does anyone have a URL to the video? Any help is appreciated!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Yeah I think I know the one you mean but couldn't find it either in a quick search. Pop into the carry issues section of the forum and repost. Might have better luck. There are also a bunch of posts in there on this topic with a lot of info your friend might want to look at.

кто пукнул здесь?
Nescio, sed foetet.

Last edited by HKLovingIT; 03-16-2012 at 18:58..
HKLovingIT is offline   Reply With Quote