Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-16-2012, 23:18   #1
DeLo

GemTech Outback II Rebuild

Anyone get their Outback's upgraded? I am thinking about doing this but only probably have about 6k rounds through it and really havent seen much of a difference in the noise level since I bought it. I would like it to serviceable but what baffles would you choose?
Old 03-17-2012, 08:16   #2
1gewehr

I had my original Outback upgraded. Frankly, it was filthy and full of .22 residue. So, for me it was an obvious choice. I opted for the titanium blast baffle. My suppressor was gone less than two weeks and came back looking brand new, with a nice instruction book and takedown tool.

It seems to me that it significantly quieter than it ever was. I used to shoot Remington Target ammo until the quality went down. Now, I shoot the Federal AutoMatch. Both are very quiet from either the P22 or our H-S Duramatic.
1gewehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 14:26   #3
Haldor
Retired EE

Suppressor design is going through a real renascence now. The science behind suppressors is not fully understood (modeling turbulence is a *****) and seemingly minor changes in the design can make a big difference in performance. We are still years away from being able to enter design criteria into a model based program and have an optimized design pop out.

From what I have seen the latest designs are better performers than designs from even 2 years ago.

http://nfatalk.org/forum/showthread.php?t=716

I have a 2011 suppressor, and I will be having it re-cored in a couple of years to take advantage of newer design concepts.

One practical change I am seeing is using threadless tubes with monocores. This change eliminates the most likely cause of tube damage (thead damage). Since the tube is the part with the serial number on it and the only part that can't be replaced (without getting a new tax stamp) anything you can do to make that part last longer is a good thing.
Guys! Guys! He's down! Stop kicking him! If he shows up on another thread, Tasers are indicated, but for now, let him slink off into the shadows to lick his wounds and ponder how deeply cool and misunderstood he is!
Hoot nred Mrs. Vr.

Last edited by Haldor; 03-18-2012 at 14:33.. Reason: Added comment about threadless tubes.
Haldor is offline   Reply With Quote