Posting a question that I recently had concerning acquiring a CCW license.
I live in VA and know that it's not that difficult to get a VA resident CCW license.
There was recently an online coupon for my local area stating that a Florida CCW license could be obtained which has a reciprocity agreement in place with VA.
The VA State Police website states that non-resident FL residents with a FL CCW license do not have CC rights in VA.
I'm somewhat confused. The FL licensing office states that they do have reciprocity with VA.
From the FL licensing offic VA is called out as a state with reciprocity. But does this mean only if you are a FL resident?
From the VA State Police site:
* Virginia non-resident permit holders
– Virginia non-resident permit holders should contact each reciprocal state to determine if their permit will be recognized prior to carrying in that jurisdiction.
- Florida law does not grant reciprocity to holders of Virginia non-resident permits.
So a couple of questions.
- As a VA resident do I have to get a CCW permit from VA?
- Can I get a CCW license for FL only?
Thanks for the input.