SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-17-2012, 21:17   #1
MNSurvival
EDC Enthusiast

Sig P229 - I call her Stella

Earlier this week I made a trip to my local gun shop to look around at some possible options for a new handgun.

What I do is put money aside (an extra $50 per week) specifically to buy new guns throughout the year. I had been nearing the $700 mark and it was an appropriate time to browse around at some potential options.

My intention was to find a handgun that I can have as an alternate to my Glock 23 that I EDC. I had been considering the M&P compact models (9mm or .40 S&W), the XD Subcompact, and Sig Sauer 239. However, while I was browsing the Sigs, I came across something that really caught my eye. I locked my eyes on a beautiful P229 chambered in .40s&w, and more specifically (the price tag of $619). I asked if I could take a look at it. I took it apart, looked it over, and after inspection it was in nearly brand new condition. It has the standard DA/SA trigger and stock sights. The next day I took it to the range and put 200 rounds trough it. It functioned great, was extremely accurate, and displayed that "Cadillac recoil" that we all love.

I figured I could wait a few more months to buy that "alternative edc gun" that I was initially looking for. It's just not everyday that you come across a pricetag like that on a Sig P229 and I am happy with my decision.

I call her Stella.

Last edited by MNSurvival; 03-17-2012 at 21:19..
MNSurvival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 21:19   #2
Scott3670

Pics or it didn't happen.

Seriously, nice gun. and just to avoid the same response, here's a pic of mine:

General Firearms Forum

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.
Scott3670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 21:24   #3
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNSurvival View Post
Earlier this week I made a trip to my local gun shop to look around at some possible options for a new handgun.

What I do is put money aside (an extra $50 per week) specifically to buy new guns throughout the year. I had been nearing the $700 mark and it was an appropriate time to browse around at some potential options.

My intention was to find a handgun that I can have as an alternate to my Glock 23 that I EDC. I had been considering the M&P compact models (9mm or .40 S&W), the XD Subcompact, and Sig Sauer 239. However, while I was browsing the Sigs, I came across something that really caught my eye. I locked my eyes on a beautiful P229 chambered in .40s&w, and more specifically (the price tag of $619). I asked if I could take a look at it. I took it apart, looked it over, and after inspection it was in nearly brand new condition. It has the standard DA/SA trigger and stock sights. The next day I took it to the range and put 200 rounds trough it. It functioned great, was extremely accurate, and displayed that "Cadillac recoil" that we all love.

I figured I could wait a few more months to buy that "alternative edc gun" that I was initially looking for. It's just not everyday that you come across a pricetag like that on a Sig P229 and I am happy with my decision.

I call her Stella.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 21:34   #4
MNSurvival
EDC Enthusiast

Pictures

I just snapped a couple pictures with my iphone. Also a revolution rag and slight plug for ron paul

Youtube isn't allowing me to upload videos today for some reason, but I have a (5 minute show and tell video) that I'll be posting onto the MNSurvival youtube channel in the coming days. (or as soon as youtube fixes their issue).
Attached Thumbnails
General Firearms Forum - Click for larger version   General Firearms Forum - Click for larger version  
Old 03-17-2012, 21:36   #5
bac1023

Very nice

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 21:36   #6
MNSurvival
EDC Enthusiast

I'm not sure why the pictures are upside down. Lets try this again.
Attached Thumbnails
General Firearms Forum - Click for larger version  
Old 03-17-2012, 21:37   #7
ratf51

Looks good! But are going to be able to shoot it upside down like that?
ratf51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 21:38   #8
tim12232
Pistolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott3670 View Post
Pics or it didn't happen.

Seriously, nice gun. and just to avoid the same response, here's a pic of mine:

General Firearms Forum
not to jack this thread but where did you get those grips? Ive never seen those factory grips.....unless Im stupid "which could be the case"

PS nice p229!
I also had no need for NV, so I went with the 512. As far as the submersion, if I'm 10 feet under water and still holding onto my rifle, something has gone terribly awry and I don't think an extra 23 feet is going to matter to me. YMMV
G21 Club #858
tim12232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 21:38   #9
ratf51

Quote:
I'm not sure why the pictures are upside down. Lets try this again.
OK, that's better!
ratf51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 21:43   #10
MNSurvival
EDC Enthusiast

Yeah, I'm kind of wondering where to get those too, I like the look of that gun.. A LOT!
Old 03-17-2012, 21:54   #11
Shinesintx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim12232 View Post
not to jack this thread but where did you get those grips? Ive never seen those factory grips.....unless Im stupid "which could be the case"

PS nice p229!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIG-SAUER-P2...item256b8be651
Old 03-18-2012, 03:44   #12
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Good score! I love the Sig 229. It's my daily carry. It will serve you well for many years to come.

Congratulations!
Old 03-18-2012, 04:19   #13
rotjovi

Nice gun!!! Duluth??
rotjovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:40   #14
got2hav1

I ran across one in 9mm at LGS and scooped it up. It came with an older Crimson Trace grip laser and was in very good condition. It is also as accurate as any gun I have ever shot. Congrats on a fine firearm, you are going to be pleased!
Colt 357
got2hav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:06   #15
MNSurvival
EDC Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotjovi View Post
Nice gun!!! Duluth??
Nope, I live in Minneapolis!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:13   #16
1911ES

Very nice choice.

I have had 3 SIG's over the past 3 or 4 years ... a 220, 225, and a 229. I have sold the others to help finance new pistols, but kept my favorite, the 229 ......

General Firearms Forum

Last edited by 1911ES; 03-18-2012 at 08:18..
1911ES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 13:52   #17
MNSurvival
EDC Enthusiast

Also I would like to add that it was a Red Box Certified Pre-Owned.

According to Sig Sauer, It has a 1 year warranty - and they are trade ins from different law enforcement agencies.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProdu...sig-sauer.aspx

The one downfall was that it only came with 2 magazines.

Quote:
Traded in by law enforcement agencies for new SIG SAUER pistols, these pre-owned SIG SAUER pistols go through a stringent Factory Certification process. Each pistol is stripped, refitted with original factory parts where needed, cleaned, lubricated, function tested and hand-inspected by a SIG SAUER factory technician. That’s your guarantee of the legendary SIG SAUER quality.

Please note: P250, and Mosquito only come with (1) magazine. As they originally were shipped.

Certified Pre Owned SIG SAUER Pistols cannot be purchased directly by consumers from the SIG SAUER factory. Please contact your local Sig Sauer dealer to inquire about models and availability in your area.

• Each Factory Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER comes with a one-year warranty from SIG SAUER. Only the Factory Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER pistols carry a one-year warranty backed by SIG SAUER. Make sure the used Sig pistol you are purchasing is a Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER.

• Factory Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER pistols are packaged in a red SIG SAUER pistol case, tagged with our “STOP” tag and wrapped in plastic for protection. Also included in the case is an owner’s manual stamped “PRE-OWNED” in red, and a cable lock. You should also know that our Factory Certified Pre-Owned pistols ship with a red grip band identifying it as a Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER.

• Each Factory Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER pistol comes with 1 standard capacity magazine.

• The condition of a Factory Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER pistol will vary depending on the amount of wear, such as that caused by a holster or rings, and that condition will be reflected in the retail price. Please note that dings, holster and ring wear are not covered under the one-year factory warranty.

• To maintain the tolerances and performance standards of a SIG SAUER pistol, the hard anodize alloy frames are not re-anodized."

Last edited by MNSurvival; 03-18-2012 at 13:53..
Old 03-18-2012, 14:07   #18
barth
six barrels

Quote:

I call her Stella.

I was trolling a LGS and came across a pristine Sig Sauer P239/357 for $550.00.
Made the mistake of picking it up and I just couldn't put it down - LOL.
Recoil like a 9mm and shoots like a laser.
I did learn my lesson though.
And refuse to pick up and hold a Walther PPQ. At least for a while...
General Firearms Forum

Last edited by barth; 03-18-2012 at 14:08..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 19:55   #19
IrvJr

nice purchase!

i bought a used sig p229 (9mm) a couple of years ago on an impulse. i love it. the 229 is a really nice shooting pistol.
Old 03-18-2012, 20:01   #20
Scott3670

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim12232 View Post

PS nice p229!
I just called SIG and placed an order. They weren't cheap but damn are they nice.

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.
Scott3670 is offline   Reply With Quote