Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-18-2012, 19:06   #1
20SFLV

Colt SBR Question

I am looking into the Colt LE 6933 and the Colt LE 6945 SBR. Anyone ever shoot either, and which one is recommended?
20SFLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 20:32   #2
mad.gunsmith
Silver Membership
Life NRA member

not the colt but the SBR are fun but they are louder and kick more

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Quote:
You, Sir, are already a hero in my eyes.
mad.gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 20:41   #3
Gdirty5

They are VERY loud....
Old 03-19-2012, 03:57   #4
WoodenPlank
Who?

Colt SBRs tend to have larger gas ports than other companies if I remember correctly, especially LMT. It's not that big of a deal, until you add a suppressor - then you can start running into problems cause by being VERY over-gassed. I have a 10.5" LMT upper on my Form 1'd SBR lower, and it's been fantastic.
WoodenPlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:08   #5
PlasticGuy

I've got some time on an 11.5" Colt and a 12" PWS. Both shot great, though I would give the edge to the PWS. Recoil was a little smoother, and it works with a little wider selection of ammo and mags.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:39   #6
20SFLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasticGuy View Post
I've got some time on an 11.5" Colt and a 12" PWS. Both shot great, though I would give the edge to the PWS. Recoil was a little smoother, and it works with a little wider selection of ammo and mags.
One of the Colt's I am look at is 11.5" while the other is 10.5".
Old 03-19-2012, 08:55   #7
zhix

When I was looking for a Colt 6933 they were around $1400-$1500 if you could find one, so instead I bought a stag SBR for about $400 less which supposedly have near identical specs. (1/7,HP/MP bolt, etc.)

Now that I've been seeing 6933s more available and cheaper, and since dealing with stag to make their gun run properly was a nightmare, I may get one soon.

I like that the 6945 is just a little shorter and that it has a folding front sight, but I'm not crazy about the idea of a proprietary one piece upper receiver.

Which ever one you get you can always get another upper for it and you'll have the same Colt lower receiver.
zhix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:25   #8
20SFLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhix View Post
When I was looking for a Colt 6933 they were around $1400-$1500 if you could find one, so instead I bought a stag SBR for about $400 less which supposedly have near identical specs. (1/7,HP/MP bolt, etc.)

Now that I've been seeing 6933s more available and cheaper, and since dealing with stag to make their gun run properly was a nightmare, I may get one soon.

I like that the 6945 is just a little shorter and that it has a folding front sight, but I'm not crazy about the idea of a proprietary one piece upper receiver.

Which ever one you get you can always get another upper for it and you'll have the same Colt lower receiver.
That is true. I have seen plenty of SBR upper receivers available. I might go with he 6933, but I figure if I am going to get a SBR, I might as well go as short as possible without hurting the performance of the rifle since it takes so long to get the ATF tax stamp.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:29   #9
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

6933 is a fun little gun. But if you want to really go short I'd recommend skipping 10.5" and go directly to 8" in 300BLK to preserve energy and take it to the extreme in short length.
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:28   #10
20SFLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
6933 is a fun little gun. But if you want to really go short I'd recommend skipping 10.5" and go directly to 8" in 300BLK to preserve energy and take it to the extreme in short length.
I want to stick with a 5.56 for now. I have that ammo, and don't need to start ordering 300BLK right now. I should be able to order a 300BLK upper when the time comes.