Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:49   #2
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Just to paraphrase:

Quote:
Gun Control 8
 In 1994 Senate race, Romney backed Brady bill and assault weapons ban, saying “I don’t line up with the
NRA” and “that’s not going to make me the hero of the NRA.”

 Romney called Clinton crime bill “a big step forward.”

 As governor, Romney quadrupled gun licensing fees and vowed not to “chip away” at tough gun laws

 In 2004, Romney signed permanent state-level ban on assault weapons that was mirrored after federal
assault weapons ban.

 In January 2006, Romney said he owned a gun – then two days later admitted he did not and the gun
belonged to his son.

 Romney bragged about being member of the NRA but later revealed he didn’t join until August 2006, just
before launching his presidential campaign.

 Romney recently said he’s “been a hunter pretty much all my life” but later admitted he hunted only twice in
his life, later clarifying remarks by claiming he has hunted “small varmints … more than two times.”

 In 2006 press conference, Romney claimed he had been hunting “many times” after returning from quail hunt
in Georgia.
ECO
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.

Last edited by Javelin; 03-18-2012 at 01:49..
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:24   #3
banger

Allow me to point out that Romney's "rah-rah boy" Chris Cristie, has done NOTHING for the law abiding gun owners in New Jersey.

In fact has publicly stated that he agrees with the "assault weapons ban" and is firmly against CCW permits in the state of New Jersey.

Be careful of how you vote...

Many statements are being made that are pro-gun, are simply to get the votes.

Once in charge Mitt might "re-think" his position once again.

Last edited by banger; 03-18-2012 at 15:20..
banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:48   #4
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

The easiest way to find out if a politician is a statist, is to ask how they view the RKBA. Oh, and if they mention huntin' at any time during their answer, they're worse than a POS communist.

The only change Romney will bring is that some of the names on some of the Mega-Gov bailout/stimulus checks will be changed.

The current Democrat Party wants to use entitlements/boondoggles/etc... to bankrupt us quickly (the hare) the current Republican Party wants to do it slightly more slowly (the tortoise); look up Aesop's The Tortoise and The Hare to see who wins.
When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Fred Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:48   #5
Jerry

As usual we’ll be choosing between the lesser of two evils. I hated Klinton, but looking at what we have now and what we'll end up with as the Republican nomine he’s looking better and better. That’s just plain scary.
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 03-18-2012 at 10:49..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 15:40   #6
Glock26z

How about Palin and Chuck Norris for pres and vp???????
Glock26z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 16:50   #7
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
As usual we’ll be choosing between the lesser of two evils. I hated Klinton, but looking at what we have now and what we'll end up with as the Republican nomine he’s looking better and better. That’s just plain scary.
No kidding! I never thought about it like that.

Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 17:23   #8
Acujeff

Romney did say those things but it is important to take a closer look at his record. He was not yet in office and so did not sign the 1998 MA AWB into law.

In 1998 the Massachusetts legislature passed its own more restrictive assault weapons ban (MGL Chapter 140, Section 131M). This ban did not rely on the federal language, was not tied to the federal AWB, and contained no sunset clause.

Gun owners did not have the votes in the MA legislature (85% anti-gun democratic) in 2004 to get rid of the permanent state law. Not wanting to lose all of the federal exemptions that were not in the state law, Gun Owners’ Action League (the Mass. based pro-2A group) worked with Romney and a new bill was amended to include them and that‘s what Romney signed. If Romney did not sign that bill, the more restrictive AWB would still be in place today.

Some media confused the Fed AWB and the MA AWB and mistakenly reported that the MA AWB was set to expire in 2004 and Romney signed the AWB permanently into effect. Some on GT are using that to misrepresent his record, revise history and convince gun owners to turn against Romney.

Let's look at the rest of Romney's record:
Throughout the 4 year Romney Administration he met and worked with GOAL and no anti-second amendment or anti-sportsmen legislation made its way to the Governor’s desk. In addition, he removed any anti-second amendment language from the Gang Violence bill passed in 2006, and signed five pro-second amendment bills into law.

By 2008, Romney earned a B from the NRA, which is higher than Obama ( F), Hillary (F) or McCain (C+ ).

Romney‘s entire record:
http://www.goal.org/newspages/romney.html

If we take a quick look at the other candidates gun records it might appear they are pro-gun control:

Santorum - a 16-year public record. He supported the 1997 Domestic Violence Offender Gun Ban and it passed into law. In 2005, Santorum voted to force gun manufacturers to make locks on all handguns produced (fortunately it failed to pass).

Paul has spent 23 years in Congress. He voted NO on prohibiting frivolous product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers.
Reference: Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act; Bill S 397 ; vote number 2005-534 on Oct 20, 2005

Paul voted NO on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1.
Reference: Bill introduced by McCollum, R-FL; Bill HR 2122 ; vote number 1999-244 on Jun 18, 1999

Gingrich has been on both sides in his long career.

The fact is that all the GOP candidates have flaws but all have voted pro-gun plenty of times, all of them have become more pro-gun over time, all of them are campaigning 100% pro-gun now and all of them are far better for gun-owners than Obama.

Statements do not amount to a position, a record does. Check the candidates records carefully for yourself and make up your own mind.

Get free NRA-ILA legislative and RKBA e-mail alerts:
https://www.nraila.org/get-involved-...-informed.aspx
Acujeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 17:52   #9
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acujeff View Post
Romney did say those things but it is important to take a closer look at his record. He was not yet in office and so did not sign the 1998 MA AWB into law.

In 1998 the Massachusetts legislature passed its own more restrictive assault weapons ban (MGL Chapter 140, Section 131M). This ban did not rely on the federal language, was not tied to the federal AWB, and contained no sunset clause.

Gun owners did not have the votes in the MA legislature (85% anti-gun democratic) in 2004 to get rid of the permanent state law. Not wanting to lose all of the federal exemptions that were not in the state law, Gun Owners’ Action League (the Mass. based pro-2A group) worked with Romney and a new bill was amended to include them and that‘s what Romney signed. If Romney did not sign that bill, the more restrictive AWB would still be in place today.

Some media confused the Fed AWB and the MA AWB and mistakenly reported that the MA AWB was set to expire in 2004 and Romney signed the AWB permanently into effect. Some on GT are using that to misrepresent his record, revise history and convince gun owners to turn against Romney.

Let's look at the rest of Romney's record:
Throughout the 4 year Romney Administration he met and worked with GOAL and no anti-second amendment or anti-sportsmen legislation made its way to the Governor’s desk. In addition, he removed any anti-second amendment language from the Gang Violence bill passed in 2006, and signed five pro-second amendment bills into law.

By 2008, Romney earned a B from the NRA, which is higher than Obama ( F), Hillary (F) or McCain (C+ ).

Romney‘s entire record:
http://www.goal.org/newspages/romney.html

If we take a quick look at the other candidates gun records it might appear they are pro-gun control:

Santorum - a 16-year public record. He supported the 1997 Domestic Violence Offender Gun Ban and it passed into law. In 2005, Santorum voted to force gun manufacturers to make locks on all handguns produced (fortunately it failed to pass).

Paul has spent 23 years in Congress. He voted NO on prohibiting frivolous product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers.
Reference: Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act; Bill S 397 ; vote number 2005-534 on Oct 20, 2005

Paul voted NO on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1.
Reference: Bill introduced by McCollum, R-FL; Bill HR 2122 ; vote number 1999-244 on Jun 18, 1999

Gingrich has been on both sides in his long career.

The fact is that all the GOP candidates have flaws but all have voted pro-gun plenty of times, all of them have become more pro-gun over time, all of them are campaigning 100% pro-gun now and all of them are far better for gun-owners than Obama.

Statements do not amount to a position, a record does. Check the candidates records carefully for yourself and make up your own mind.

Good information and according what I know (nowhere near what I want or need to) all correct.

Ron Paul is the only one that consistently votes in line with the Constitution. Problem is people don’t want a Constitutionalist. They do when it suits them but not if it means loosing “free” stuff. So we get people that tell the majority what they want to hear and the one that promises the majority most of what they want that’s who the majority vote for. Hope and Change! The majority does no research, they just believe what they are told by the politicians and we get stuck with that. There are those that still think The Obomination is the greatest. There’s even a chance he’ll be reelected. The insane have taken over the asylum.
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 16:08   #10
slickt0mmy

I'm not going to pretend any candidate is perfect. After all, they're all human. My pick though, is Paul as I feel he is best suited to run the country.
And as another poster has said, it's look like we're going to be picking from the lesser of two evils in the general election. In that case, I'm writing in Paul's name. I refuse to "vote against" anyone. I'm voting FOR the candidate I want to run my country. You may say it's a wasted vote but in my opinion, voting for any other candidate is contributing to the problems with our country and I refuse to do that.
slickt0mmy is offline   Reply With Quote