SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-20-2012, 19:34   #1
Rollbar
Minister-KF7JKO

Stock Glock Sight Height

I tried to reply to this thread but couldn't, not enough posts I guess.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1377077

What is the stock height of the Glock 19 sight? The standard white dot and U shape rear sight.

Buying one on Thursday and will probably change out the sights and would like to get something of the same height for sighting if I understand this right.

Thanks,
Jim

Last edited by Rollbar; 03-20-2012 at 20:28..
Rollbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 20:29   #2
bentbiker
NRA Member

Front sight is .165" and rear is 6.5mm (.256"). And, note that the measurement on the rear is from the bottom of the dovetail to the top, not from the slide surface. The front is from the slide surface to the top.

Last edited by bentbiker; 03-20-2012 at 20:34..
bentbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 20:40   #3
Rollbar
Minister-KF7JKO

Thank you. So replacing sights I would just get the same height, correct?

Has anyone bought a new set and had to swap them out due to incorrect height?

If so, is there a common make/model?

Thanks,
Jim
Old 03-20-2012, 20:51   #4
bentbiker
NRA Member

If you go over to the sights forum, you'll find more reading material than you can read in a lifetime.
bentbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 21:50   #5
PghJim

It depends on what make of sight you are using for replacement. I have used one that only came in two sizes and the shorter still shot too high. I now go with Glock factory night sights. You can get them at Lone Wolf and can be garranteed you have the same height front and rear you removed from the gun. I even think the polymer sights have identification lines on one side, If it is just one line, it is the standard middle sight. If it has a long line with a short line above it, you need the next size up, and if it has the longer line with a short line below it, you need the next lower sights. Just my opinion.
PghJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 22:26   #6
Rollbar
Minister-KF7JKO

Thank you, I will look.

Jim
Old 04-29-2012, 13:32   #7
Rollbar
Minister-KF7JKO

http://www.hivizsights.com/products/...ck/gl2006.html

http://www.hivizsights.com/products/...ts/gl2007.html

Will these replace the front stock Glock 19/Gen4 sight keeping the same height etc. I didn't see any measurements unless I missed it.

Which one (in your opinion) would you go with?

One seems to have a gel or liquid in it from what I can see in the pic unless I'm mistaken.

Thanks,
Jim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Rollbar; 04-29-2012 at 14:24..
Old 05-08-2012, 19:36   #8
Rollbar
Minister-KF7JKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollbar View Post
http://www.hivizsights.com/products/...ts/gl2007.html

Will these replace the front stock Glock 19/Gen4 sight keeping the same height etc. I didn't see any measurements unless I missed it.

Thanks,
Jim
I have decided to go w/this sight ^^Above.

Question is the width of the rear "U"-will this sight work w/the stock Glock sight or should I get a different rear sight?

Thanks,
Jim

Last edited by Rollbar; 05-08-2012 at 20:35..
Old 08-02-2012, 13:46   #9
k9storm2003

Glock 32 Gen 4 sight height

Hello,

This is my first post in this forum and I was hoping that someone could help me with a sight question. I have a Glock 32 and I was looking at putting either Trijicon HD or Ameriglo Pro I-Dot sights on it. On both Trijicon and Ameriglo's website they list a different part # for a sight set between the Glock 23 & 32. I thought both were the same but for some reason they list two different part #'s for each weapon.

I emailed Trijicon about this and they actually said that yes this is a mistake and I should order their part # they have listed for a Glock 23. But when I spoke with someone from Ameriglo they said no go with the part # for the Glock 32. I'm not sure what to get and I was hoping for a little insight from everyone.

It appears that it all has to do with the stock height of the rear sight between the Glock 23 & 32. The glock website says that they are the same but Ameriglo is saying that the Glock 32 rear sight is a little taller. Could someone please help.

Thanks
k9storm2003 is offline   Reply With Quote