GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 14:38   #1
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,729
Ruger fans, look what I just found :)

Well, I've never been a huge Ruger revolver fan, yet somehow I just bought my seventh model. Here we have an old three screw 4.5" Blackhawk in none other than 41 Magnum. Though neither were on my "must have" list, I have always wanted an old model Blackhawk and a 41 Magnum. Well, I just now killed two birds with one stone.

It came in on consignment at one of my local shops earlier today that I just happened to visit. When I got there, it was being looked at by another potential buyer. When I saw what it was, I was praying he didn't walk out with it. Anyway, he finally put it down and told the shop he would be back tomorrow to put some money down on it. The rest is history...

As you can see, the gun is in remarkable condition for its age. Other than some extremely light holster wear, its like new. I don't think it was fired much at all. Even the grips are like new. I'm also happy to say that this is the sixth classic handgun I've found in great shape so far this year.

I so much prefer the authentic feel and sound of the action on these old Blackhawks compared to the new model. It just feels so much more precise than my new models with the transfer bar. Here we have no goofy Ruger warning labels, no transfer bar, and real bluing (unlike what Ruger does now). I love it.

I know we have some classic Ruger fans here. What are your thoghts on my latest? I'll have to look it up, but can anyone tell me when it was made by the serial number? I'm thinking mid 1960's. The 45 to 50 year old cardboard box and papers have seen better days, but they're there.


General Firearms Forum
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 14:39   #2
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,729
Enjoy the pics...


General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 14:45   #3
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Well, I've never been a huge Ruger revolver fan, yet somehow I just bought my seventh model. Here we have an old three screw 4.5" Blackhawk in none other than 41 Magnum. Though neither were on my "must have" list, I have always wanted an old model Blackhawk and a 41 Magnum. Well, I just now killed two birds with one stone.

It came in on consignment at one of my local shops earlier today that I just happened to visit. When I got there, it was being looked at by another potential buyer. When I saw what it was, I was praying he didn't walk out with it. Anyway, he finally put it down and told the shop he would be back tomorrow to put some money down on it. The rest is history...

As you can see, the gun is in remarkable condition for its age. Other than some extremely light holster wear, its like new. I don't think it was fired much at all. Even the grips are like new. I'm also happy to say that this is the sixth classic handgun I've found in great shape so far this year.

I so much prefer the authentic feel and sound of the action on these old Blackhawks compared to the new model. It just feels so much more precise than my new models with the transfer bar. Here we have no goofy Ruger warning labels, no transfer bar, and real bluing (unlike what Ruger does now). I love it.

I know we have some classic Ruger fans here. What are your thoghts on my latest? I'll have to look it up, but can anyone tell me when it was made by the serial number? I'm thinking mid 1960's. The 45 to 50 year old cardboard box and papers have seen better days, but they're there.


General Firearms Forum
Sweet, very nice find....look what I picked up today as well...

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

.45LC/.45ACP

From what I can find out via a few internet searches it is a Acusoport exclusive, i.e. not a regular Ruger production. I am just happy it is a Bisley because now I can use my thumb to cock the hammer without changing my grip. Thanks to my girl like short thumbs I can not do that on a normal revolver, the Bisley makes it easy.

Paid $565 which I am happy with.

Congrats to both of us I guess!

Last edited by Ruggles; 03-21-2012 at 14:46..
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 14:51   #4
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,729
That looks very nice, Ruggles.

A couple years ago, I picked up a 44 Special Blackhawk that was a distributor special.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 14:51   #5
SigFTW
Senior Member
 
SigFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: TX
Posts: 2,208
Bac, that is an excellent find!! Good thing I don't live next to you, I would have bought it without hesitation.
__________________
Spent brass to me is like the ring to Gollum "We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious"
SigFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 14:56   #6
Salmoneye
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 32
OK, OP...

How much (so I can cry some more)...
Salmoneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 14:57   #7
SigFTW
Senior Member
 
SigFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: TX
Posts: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
Sweet, very nice find....look what I picked up today as well...

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

.45LC/.45ACP

From what I can find out via a few internet searches it is a Acusoport exclusive, i.e. not a regular Ruger production. I am just happy it is a Bisley because now I can use my thumb to cock the hammer without changing my grip. Thanks to my girl like short thumbs I can not do that on a normal revolver, the Bisley makes it easy.

Paid $565 which I am happy with.

Congrats to both of us I guess!
It looks like the Ruger Bisley 45LC/APC Stainless are back in production again. My LGS has another one NIB.

Here are mine
__________________
Spent brass to me is like the ring to Gollum "We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious"

Last edited by SigFTW; 05-04-2012 at 13:34..
SigFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 15:04   #8
bklynpete
Viet Nam Vet
 
bklynpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 653
I really like the grips. Good luck with it .
bklynpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 15:06   #9
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigFTW View Post
It looks like the Ruger Bisley 45LC/APC Stainless are back in production again. My LGS has another one NIB.

Here are mine
Sweet guns 2 is always better than one, well excepts for wives

I am glad Ruger built a few more so I could get one They are stout guns!
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 16:17   #10
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmoneye View Post
OK, OP...

How much (so I can cry some more)...
$490 out the door

Considering what they're going for on Gunbroker, I got a nice deal.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 16:21   #11
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,729
I just looked up the serial number. It was built in 1967.

The old model 41 mag Blackhawks were produced from 1965-1972.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 16:35   #12
69HEMI-R/T
Senior Member
 
69HEMI-R/T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Northern Mexico/S.E. Texas
Posts: 1,079
Congrats on a beautiful and rare Ruger for a very nice price !
__________________
YEAH , IT'S GOT A HEMI..BACK OFF!!
69HEMI-R/T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 17:14   #13
oldnoob
Senior Member
 
oldnoob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: City of Angel, California
Posts: 4,263
Nice find Bac. I have one Blackhawk (357/9mm) and really enjoy it. While it's not a collector piece, it sure is fun to shoot. Definitely has great trigger right out of factory.
__________________
Taiwan born, Chinese descent, red white and freaking blue America citizen.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
My mini forum.
oldnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 17:32   #14
pennlineman
Senior Member
 
pennlineman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 2,621
Nice gun BAC. I have one just like it in .45 Colt/.45 ACP. ( a little newer) It is my favorite handgun for hunting. They are great guns IMO, congrats!

Last edited by pennlineman; 03-21-2012 at 17:33..
pennlineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 17:36   #15
Berto
woo woo
 
Berto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: WA
Posts: 29,721


Sweet BH, I could almost use another myself....
__________________
I had the money till they made me pay
Then I had the sense to be on my way
I had to stay in the underground
I was in the house when the house burned down.
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 18:05   #16
nathanours
Texan
 
nathanours's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Born in Texas, now in Colorado
Posts: 3,017
Great looking gun. I always love your pics too bac.
__________________
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud


Black Rifle Club #1989
nathanours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 18:05   #17
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69HEMI-R/T View Post
Congrats on a beautiful and rare Ruger for a very nice price !
Thanks Hemi.

I definitely felt the price was good.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 18:43   #18
camelotkid
non-believer
 
camelotkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Posts: 1,937
nice piece, I picked a new gun today as well, I was looking at a ruger super blackhawk but ended up getting another glock haha
camelotkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 19:41   #19
Glockster17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 547
Send a message via AIM to Glockster17
Congrats (again)! --Rob
__________________
Niner's Club #686
Black Rifle #686
10 Ringer #686
1911 Club #686
Snubbie #686
Glockster17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 20:18   #20
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanours View Post
Great looking gun. I always love your pics too bac.
Thank you sir
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:42.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,096
256 Members
840 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42