Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-22-2012, 17:22   #1
Gary Slider

NM Drops VA and FL. _ OR Campus Carry

New Mexico has dropped Virginia & Florida as states it honors. VA does not require a Shooting Qualification and Fingerprints are not Mandatory. That is the word I got from the VA State Police for the reason VA was dropped. NM Is just stating Florida’s Requirements are not similar to New Mexico’s. From what I am hearing and seeing this may not be the last state that NM will drop. Time will tell. www.handgunlaw.us has been updated to show these changes in NM/VA/FL. It will be a few days before Steve can make the changes on the Create A Map Application to show the changes listed above. You can view New Mexico’s DPS Website and see the listings and reasons Here: http://www.dps.nm.org/index.php/conc...ty-agreements/

I am getting feedback on the State Emergency Laws I added to each states page. Many of the entries are edited for length and feedback is making me look again at one or two paragraphs that should be added. Thanks to everyone who replied. It is very much appreciated. Also be aware that what I have for Emergency Laws is not complete. As I stated many were edited and there are most likely Administrative Rules that were adopted to comply with the Emergency Laws. ( My main point was to show if firearms could be restricted in any way in a declared emergency.

In Early March 2012 Oregon's State Board of Higher Education voted unanimously to ban all firearms on the system's seven campuses. Anyone who does any business on University property must agree not to carry any firearms. The policy allows people with Concealed Handgun License to be on campus but are barred from any Building or Arenas as they will be posted. Any Student/Facility or anyone who does business on University Property could be expelled from the property losing their student status or Job with the University System. Police and Military are exempt.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.
Gary Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:29   #2
CDW

Maybe they changed it, but when I got my CHP in VA, we did have to shoot. Fingerprints were not required.
CDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 16:40   #3
cliff_dx
81 Supporter

I took my concealed carry class online...gotta love virginia
Old 03-23-2012, 17:58   #4
random southpaw

This is not a surprise. NM is not nearly as gun friendly as VA or FL.

Also, NM bans those who carry (within NM) from carrying a 2nd gun with them.
random southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:02   #5
4GLOCKER

You CAN open carry in NM and keep your loaded pistol in your car with you. Another law to keep up with.

Thanks again Gary, you're on top of it all.

Last edited by 4GLOCKER; 03-24-2012 at 10:05.. Reason: addition
4GLOCKER is offline   Reply With Quote