SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 21:04   #1
runcible68

If you CCW, you can't see your junk

This priceless comment to Gail Collins' article in the NYT entitled "Pity the Poor Gun Lobby." came from Dean Hewitt of Sarasota Florida...

EXCERPT - regarding those who CCW

“The other main group is the masculine tribe who have gone to seed. Yeah that group who hasn't seen their own junk in twenty years with out the help of a mirror. They may have been in the military, maybe once been an avid hunter but I believe worried they no longer have it to protect themselves or project the proper image. They want the gun to feel like a man.”

1) I can see my junk.

2) If this guy made such an offensive comment regarding a minority, gay person or religion, his comment would have been blacklisted.

3) The Times asks for thoughtful and well written comments that add to the value of civil discourse. Nice to see it in action, huh?

4) Interesting to note that many, many of the comments regarding the shooting of Trayvon Martin on GT condemn the tragedy, think Zimmerman was a tool, or at the very least, think something smells bad about the whole thing. There are thoughtful and critically thinking gun owners here. Shame the same thing can't be said about those who comment in The Times. If you read the rest of the comments, they're all just as bad.

And no, you can't comment. They closed it earlier than usual. Probably didn't want any alternate points of view!
Remington 870 Express
Colt AR-15 Competition Match HBAR II
Old 03-22-2012, 21:07   #2
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

I don't carry so I can be a man; rather, I am a man, so I carry.
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

Last edited by Sam Spade; 03-22-2012 at 21:08..
Old 03-22-2012, 21:20   #3
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
I don't carry so I can be a man; rather, I am a man, so I carry.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 03-23-2012, 01:16   #4
nguyen925

I choose to carry to protect myself and/or others. Luck favors the prepared.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:48   #5
frostamp

I carry because I came to the conclusion that no one but family has my best interests in mind. I think of it as pro-active life insurance. The Family Plan.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:16   #6
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

I guess that means I carry a gun because I want to be a man?

I'm sure glad Lib Land is full of really smart people that have everything and everyone figured out.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:20   #7
Chesafreak

I believe that it's a man's role to protect his family and castle. Let's face facts. We aren't any safer today than they were back in the wild west days. The law still shows up after the fact. Being a man is being strong and prepared to handle it. I guess the guy that posted that comment thinks you're more of a man if you are passive and unarmed. Carrying hasn't made my junk disappear from sight.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 03-23-2012, 15:13   #8
TexasFats
NRA, TSRA, SAF

What Frued actually said about weapons was that a fear of weapons is a sign of emotional and sexual immaturity. I for one, and tired of the lying leftists impunging my manhood because I like guns. Let them go to the 'Hood and tell some street gangsta' that he only carrys a gun because he has no manhood and see what happens to the leftist. BWA HA HA HA.

We need to ask the leftists what they want to do to us that makes them so afraid for us to be armed. Whatever it is, it cannot be good.

Sauron lives, and his orc minions are on the march.
Old 03-23-2012, 16:42   #9
ADK_40GLKr

Wrong thread, sorry.

Last edited by ADK_40GLKr; 03-23-2012 at 16:43..
Old 03-24-2012, 02:19   #10
Mister_Beefy
Legal & Proper

I disagree with them so they must have smaller genitals.

that's beyond juvenile, borderline infantile. any more and he'll be soiling himself and throwing a tantrum crying for his mommy.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:30   #11
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Angry Mama sez...

That's a nice gun, and I know you're happy to see me.

I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:58   #12
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Send a message via AIM to DScottHewitt Send a message via Yahoo to DScottHewitt
Quote:
Originally Posted by runcible68 View Post
This priceless comment to Gail Collins' article in the NYT entitled "Pity the Poor Gun Lobby." came from Dean Hewitt of Sarasota Florida...

EXCERPT - regarding those who CCW

“The other main group is the masculine tribe who have gone to seed. Yeah that group who hasn't seen their own junk in twenty years with out the help of a mirror. They may have been in the military, maybe once been an avid hunter but I believe worried they no longer have it to protect themselves or project the proper image. They want the gun to feel like a man.”

1) I can see my junk.

2) If this guy made such an offensive comment regarding a minority, gay person or religion, his comment would have been blacklisted.

3) The Times asks for thoughtful and well written comments that add to the value of civil discourse. Nice to see it in action, huh?

4) Interesting to note that many, many of the comments regarding the shooting of Trayvon Martin on GT condemn the tragedy, think Zimmerman was a tool, or at the very least, think something smells bad about the whole thing. There are thoughtful and critically thinking gun owners here. Shame the same thing can't be said about those who comment in The Times. If you read the rest of the comments, they're all just as bad.

And no, you can't comment. They closed it earlier than usual. Probably didn't want any alternate points of view!
Depends on the size of your junk. Mine is visible....

Scott

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:36   #13
jastroud

They can all kiss my junk if they can find it...wait...what?

into the groove...
G1 Niner #1993

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:45   #14
CA Escapee
Finally!

Mr. Hewitt has obviously never heard, "A good man builds a roof over his tools."

Bill
Old 03-26-2012, 11:50   #15
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Escapee View Post
Mr. Hewitt has obviously never heard, "A good man builds a roof over his tools."

Bill
I got a roof. Just not a carport. And, I weigh around 290

Old 03-26-2012, 11:58   #16
CA Escapee
Finally!

Oops! I was referring to Mr. Dean Hewitt mentioned in the first sentence of the original post.

Bill

Last edited by CA Escapee; 03-26-2012 at 11:58..
Old 03-26-2012, 12:04   #17
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Escapee View Post
Oops! I was referring to Mr. Dean Hewitt mentioned in the first sentence of the original post.

Bill
I totally missed he was a Hewitt

Old 03-26-2012, 12:47   #18
SC Tiger
Some say...

This is true if you use a smartcarry...
Old 03-26-2012, 18:01   #19
notjustanothermini
'OP'

hell i usually

rock out with my glock and cock out.!! word.
Old 03-26-2012, 18:23   #20
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
This is true if you use a smartcarry...
Thunderwear!
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

Closed Thread