Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:32   #1
Jimi77

Gen 3 Trigger bar question

I ordered a new trigger and trigger bar assembly for my G19 and noticed that the area where the trigger spring attaches under the cruciform is a different shape than the original. The one I ordered doesnt function correctly. Can someone give me a link or glock oem number for the correct trigger bar. The serial number is ESWxxx. Thanks.
Jimi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:55   #2
voyager4520
-----

How does it not function correctly?

The newest trigger bars all have the curved portion where the trigger spring attaches. The one that comes with the G19 of the serial number prefix you listed is Glock manufacturer part number 2303, it has a grooved/serrated trigger pad. The trigger bar made for the Gen3 G17, manufacturer part number 357, will also work in that gun, it has a smooth trigger face.

When replacing a trigger bar, connector, or firing pin, you should use an orange Armorer's slide cover plate to check the engagement between the firing pin lug and trigger bar cruciform. With the slide forward and the trigger fully forward, at least 2/3 of the trigger bar cruciform sear tab should be covered by the firing pin lug. If it's any less than that, it's advised to swap parts with replacement ones until that level of engagement is achieved.

Here are some detail strip resources if you need them:

Correct slide stop spring position: http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost...29&postcount=3

On the following page are some Glock Armorer's Manuals, just scroll down to the "G" section. I learned from the Update Manual and 2009 Manual. The 2009 Manual has a few pages missing, but that info can be found in the Update Manual as well.
http://stevespages.com/page7b.htm

Here's an easy way to disassemble and reassemble the firing pin assembly:
http://www.tgscom.com/images/sharedi...world/SD12.jpg

Last edited by voyager4520; 03-27-2012 at 11:56..
voyager4520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 18:05   #3
Jimi77

The trigger safety hits the frame. I just ordered the 00357. The reason I got confused is all the talk about the pre and post eh serial numbers. Thanks for the info. The Glock is easier than I thought to take down. I also had to order a new connector because I dropped it on the floor and stepped on it.
Old 03-28-2012, 00:14   #4
voyager4520
-----

What was the manufacturer part number of the trigger bar that had the trigger safety hitting the frame?

Pre-EH trigger bars are for earlier G19's that had a serial number beginning with only two letters and followed by three numbers, example EG222. Since your G19 has a three-letter serial number prefix, you'd use either trigger bar 2303 or 357.

If the trigger bar that had the trigger safety hitting the frame was either 2303 or 357, you may have the same problem with another one. In that case I'd suggest finding a local Certified Glock Armorer or arranging to send the gun back to Glock.

You may want to contact Glock anyway. I wouldn't tell them that you've detail stripped the gun, but some of the three-letter prefix Glocks beginning with "E" had a problem where the rear frame rails could break off. You can call Glock, give them the exact serial number on the frame, and ask if your gun falls within the range of serial numbers affected by that problem. If it does, Glock will replace the frame free of charge and while they have the gun they'll replace any other parts that need to be replaced. If they want you to send it in for that problem, I'd ask for a prepaid shipping label. There's no guarantee that they'll give you a prepaid shipping label but it's worth asking.

Last edited by voyager4520; 03-28-2012 at 00:23..
Old 03-28-2012, 06:27   #5
Jimi77

Once I get the 00357 trigger, I'll put it back together and function test it. I think they sent me the wrong trigger before. It was supposed to be 2303 but looks like the gen 4 with the curved spring retainer. If all fails I'll find an armorer close by.
Old 03-28-2012, 14:02   #6
voyager4520
-----

The newest 2303 and 357 trigger bars have the curved trigger spring attachment.

What Gen4 trigger bars have that the Gen3 2303 and 357 trigger bars don't have is a dimpled firing pin safety cam arm. But a Gen4 trigger bar would still work in a Gen3, and vice versa.

In the picture in the following post, the top one is one of the newest Gen3 trigger bars with curved trigger spring attachment. The middle one is an older Gen3 trigger bar with a straight trigger spring attachment. The bottom one is a Gen4 trigger bar with curved trigger spring attachment and dimpled firing pin safety cam arm.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost...34&postcount=4

Last edited by voyager4520; 03-28-2012 at 14:03..
Old 03-29-2012, 17:05   #7
Jimi77

I want to bring the trigger back to stock. The person I bought it from had a set screw through the trigger as a trigger stop I'm assuming. That's the only reason for the change. Other than that it shoots awesome.