Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 16:19   #1
SCmasterblaster

New news in Trayvon Martin shooting

http://www.newsmax.com/US/trayvon-ma...mo_code=E854-1

It turns out that the shooting ws indeed self-defence, according to the witness and injuries.

Last edited by SCmasterblaster; 03-26-2012 at 16:22..
Old 03-26-2012, 16:45   #2
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

but he was unarmed. Think of the children.

....I think some people need to learn the definition of disparity of force. I'll bet this will still go to court now though. He will likely be found innocent (and rightfully so) if this witness is telling the truth.
Old 03-26-2012, 16:50   #3
cphilip

It appears someone in the Sanford PD leaked some of those facts that were already in evidence from earlier reports... but... it all is what we have heard early on.

Look like Mom is going to cash in on this though...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...demarks-769123
Old 03-26-2012, 17:03   #4
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

so, if, IF this witness' story is correct we have a stupidly acting president, stupid (and not acting) film producers and pimps who fleese gullable black folks threatening a man's life which will only lead to more black criminals being shot.

waitaminute, maybe thats the idea.

looks like the making of another tawanna brawley duke lacross team circus.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...

Last edited by cowboywannabe; 03-26-2012 at 17:05..
Old 03-26-2012, 17:25   #5
cphilip

We have race baiters who make their living off of stirring up controversy even where it isn't. The more outrageous the better for them. Problem is... there is racism and peoples rights getting trampled every day that go unchallenged and when these high profile cases fizzle, all the parties suffer and this allows this silent racism to persist. In fact it encourages and breeds it. Its a shame. But its the chance you take when you don't wait until all the facts are known and when you get involved emotionally in something you don't really know anything about.
Old 03-26-2012, 18:45   #6
cowboy1964

Has anyone tweeted Spike Lee's home address yet?
Old 03-26-2012, 18:45   #7
cowboy1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
so, if, IF this witness' story is correct we have a stupidly acting president
You'd think he would have learned after the last time he commented without knowing the facts.

I hope if and when the feds clear Zimmerman that Obama says something. I think he may have to if riots break out.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 03-26-2012 at 19:10..
Old 03-26-2012, 18:46   #8
xmanhockey7

Go figure to sides to a story.
Old 03-26-2012, 19:18   #9
RedNine
AutomatedSystem

The outraged citizenry won't give a ****. They don't care about facts. They don't even care about all the other killings that are happening while this story is in the limelight.
Old 03-26-2012, 19:29   #10
jb1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
You'd think he would have learned after the last time he commented without knowing the facts.
Obama? Learned? That's a good one.

Black Rifle Club Member "LE6920Colt"
Old 03-26-2012, 20:12   #11
dosei

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
http://www.newsmax.com/US/trayvon-ma...mo_code=E854-1

It turns out that the shooting ws indeed self-defence, according to the witness and injuries.
Not exactly "New" news...this has been known since the day after the shooting...

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news...od-altercation

(The article linked above was published on 2/27/12, the day after the shooting)
"Know where the attack against you is likely to come, whether on the street or in court, and have a proven counter already in place" (Mas Ayoob)

Last edited by dosei; 03-26-2012 at 20:14..
Old 03-27-2012, 02:01   #12
ssharber

Just because he says he was attacked doesn't mean he had the right to take the guys life. He was told not to pursue this guy. I mean think about it. He could have easily pulled his pistol on this kid. Being confronted by someone with a pistol the guy may very well have been fighting for his life, therefore it doesn't mean Zimmerman is innocent. There's at least 2 sides to every story. Often there's more though.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:32   #13
arushus
Biggest Member

I dont understand why people keep invoking the fact that he was told not to pursue by the 911 operator, as if he broke the law by not listening. He was told by some person who is trained to talk on the phone and type on the computer not to follow someone, big deal, just cuz they said not to, doesnt make it the right thing to do...
Spike's Tactical Enhanced CHF 16" Mid-Length M4
These Red Letters Help me find my post!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 03:15   #14
Longhammer

If in fact this was a justified shooting. It tells me that this kid Trayvon either thought he was bulletproof (like most kids under 25), or he wanted to be a martyr. A martyr or pawn acting in the name of lawlessness. I only mention the second possibility because of the polarized visibility of the case. I only hope our justice system sees fit to uphold the gunrights of the honest property owners in this country. I believe we are outnumbered now.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:30   #15
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Who here really thinks Zimmerman stopped this kid from committing a crime that night?

What do people here think would have happened if Zimmerman had done what the dispatcher said?

I still don't know the facts, but it is starting to look like a legal killing, that just didn't have to happen.

Two fools collided, and one got killed. That only happens about 1000 times a year in the US. If not for the race thing, it would just be a small byline in the paper.

Last edited by series1811; 03-27-2012 at 03:32..
Old 03-27-2012, 03:41   #16
1911ES

They need to put this thing to bed .... now. These loud-mouth protesters of cities that are located 2000 miles away, who out out marching around with signs and hooded sweatshirts, have nothing better to do ? Maybe they should start by cleaning up their own neihborhood streets ....

Oh ... since we're all here ........ the mail came yesterday. Two boxes of Ranger 124 gr. +P
Old 03-27-2012, 04:04   #17
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911ES View Post
They need to put this thing to bed .... now. These loud-mouth protesters of cities that are located 2000 miles away, who out out marching around with signs and hooded sweatshirts, have nothing better to do ? Maybe they should start by cleaning up their own neihborhood streets ....

Oh ... since we're all here ........ the mail came yesterday. Two boxes of Ranger 124 gr. +P
That sounds like some potent ammunition. I carry a G17 with WW +p+ 115gr JHPs.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:11   #18
Beretta92guy

about two years ago i had some drunk guy try to bust in my back door one night....

i had my gun in hand on the phone with 911....operator told me to put the gun down and wait for police.....told her until i see the police here my gun stays in my hand...

did i break the law???....cops on the scene had no problem with it....

question is, does a 911 operators commands carry any weight of law????

my guess is NO
Old 03-27-2012, 04:29   #19
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
so, if, IF this witness' story is correct we have a stupidly acting president, stupid (and not acting) film producers and pimps who fleese gullable black folks threatening a man's life which will only lead to more black criminals being shot.

waitaminute, maybe thats the idea.

looks like the making of another tawanna brawley duke lacross team circus.
I have noticed that he keeps making personal phone calls to black people - only - who are complaining about the police and/or white people.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:32   #20
ssharber

Quote:
Originally Posted by arushus View Post
I dont understand why people keep invoking the fact that he was told not to pursue by the 911 operator, as if he broke the law by not listening
Because as CCW holders, we must hold ourselves to a higher standard.

If a fight starts, try to walk away at all cost from it and eat your pride, because if you have the only gun in the fight, on moral grounds alone, you are required to use more DISCRETION than the other guy because ultimately, you have the option of LETHAL FORCE if certain criteria are met.

If he would have walked away and not pursued him, all this might not have happened. The police are the ones who should pursue someone, not an individual out trying to be the police. Thats why.

Also, 911 operators in most states are trained EMT's, some are even LEO's, not just someone typing on the computer and answering the phone.

Last edited by ssharber; 03-27-2012 at 04:34..
Old 03-27-2012, 04:37   #21
c6601a

Quote:
Originally Posted by arushus View Post
I dont understand why people keep invoking the fact that he was told not to pursue by the 911 operator, as if he broke the law by not listening.
Once ALL the facts come to light, the whole case is going to hinge on one issue: Whether Zimmerman's actions meet the "reasonable person" test. In other words, would a "reasonable person" faced with exactly the same situation do what Zimmerman did. This interaction with the 911 operator will hurt him in two ways.

Was his decision to get out of the safety of his vehicle and chase someone he described as suspicious and possibly high a reasonable one? In real time, a supposedly reasonable operator gave the opinion that it was not a good idea. Not only did Zimmerman come to a different conclusion, but did so despite being advised about what was reasonable.

Was his decision to shoot at the moment he decided to shoot reasonable? If one believes that only a few minutes ago Zimmerman did something unreasonable despite being told what the reasonable thing was, then one can believe that he used the same level of decision-making at the time of the shooting and his claim that he was justified can be dismissed.

Most people who are saying that the interaction with 911 operator was important feel this at a gut level but are unable to articulate it this way.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:46   #22
rozz421

If it can be proven that he did in fact turn around and walk back to his car, I would think stand your ground would be his defense. I'm not justifying his decision to follow at first, but what if you did the same and then sense took over turned you around toward your car?
Old 03-27-2012, 04:52   #23
hardbargin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
Has anyone tweeted Spike Lee's home address yet?
what for? no whites are going to bother him. we donot have it in us anymore. it has been brainwashed out from the 60's.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:31   #24
cphilip

I suggest you remove your racist hateful post hardbargin. Way out of line dude.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:42   #25
220-9er

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
I suggest you remove your racist hateful post hardbargin. Way out of line dude.
+1. Losers like that make us all look bad by association.
Closed Thread