GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-27-2012, 14:27   #1
maxsnafu

Hispandering Alert! Rubio Designated GOP Flip-Flop Leader?

http://www.vdare.com/posts/hispander...ip-flop-leader

Gee, what a surprise.

Last edited by maxsnafu; 03-27-2012 at 14:27..
maxsnafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 14:51   #2
Hyksos

There's nothing wrong with Rubio. I'm not hispanic but ever since moving to Miami I am beginning to gain a deep appreciation for many of the things their culture holds. My guess is your experiences with hispanics might be limited to the 5 foot tall stocky dark ones who cut your lawn. Don't be so quick to give hispanics crap, there are many who are deeply religious and hold conservative values. Many of them own firearms and try very hard to anglicize. They respect America and do not just want to use it for their own benefit. This is the kind of person I understand Rubio to be, and I am more than happy to hear he might become VP. I believe it could very well help Republicans defeat Obama with a hispanic vote, and it would also help Hispanics find refuge in the Republican party.

Think about it, right now the Republicans are very hostile to hispanics because of their perception of immigration problems. It doesn't exactly help scare up the Hispanic vote when an abuelita who has become a US citizen and been one for years can't even get her own child into this nation to live with her and also Anglicize because of the complicated nature of the INA. I know a thing or two about immigration law, and the INA (Immigration and Nationality Act) is HELL. Please look here,

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bul...etin_5674.html

That is a link to the VISA bulletin for April 2012. Scroll down a little bit and you'll see the chart. First of all there are four different categories for potential family immigrants. I won't go into detail on them. If you see the dates under the various categories, those dates = the time you need to have applied for immigration.

For Example, if you see the F1 category for family sponsored visas (First: (F1) Unmarried Sons and Daughters of U.S. Citizens: 23,400 plus any numbers not required for fourth preference.) It says that a friggen US citizen's son or daughter who is from the Philippines, must have applied in 1997 to now come to the US. That means the son or daughter of a US CITIZEN has to wait 15 years before their visa even becomes eligible. That's not even for the son of a lawful permanent resident (legal alien noncitizen). That's the wait time for the son or daughter of someone who took the time to become a US citizen. Do you understand why people who come here legally might just be a little peeved at the system and therefore be inclined to go with the party that promotes immigration reform? Most of the hispanics I've met, even cuando yo hablo espanol a ellos, they say they want the American dream. They want to work hard and be successful. Why the hell do we want to turn away people who want to work hard?

I understand the Miami experience may be very different than the SoCal or Arizona/Texas experience.
Old 03-27-2012, 15:58   #3
brickboy240

I also know and work with many Latin people and yes...it is really short sighted to write off ALL Latinos as Democrat voters. Most of the ones I know are fairly conservative and do not like Obama at all.

- brickboy240