SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-28-2012, 18:07   #1
m51

Video Of Zimmerman

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/georg...lance-16024475

He looks pretty subdued, I don't see much trauma on him as reported. It's getting interesting, wonder how the media will spin this?
Old 03-28-2012, 18:26   #2
Rumbler_G20

Customarily if first aid is needed it is rendered prior to arriving at lockup. Often swelling doesn't happen for a while too.

All I'm saying is that there is absolutely nothing conclusive here except that he was in handcuffs and one of those officers needs to put a little distance between them self and the doughnut store.
Rumbler_G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 18:32   #3
m51

I could see one of the officers looking at the back of Zimmerman's head, like he had reported an injury, or checking on it after it was treated at the scene.
Old 03-28-2012, 20:10   #4
cowboy1964

Yeah, worthless video. He would have already been cleaned up and it's too fuzzy and far away to see anything anyway.

Let's see the booking photos, at least they would be close up and clearer.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 03-28-2012 at 20:10..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 20:22   #5
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

if injured, a suspect has to be medically cleared for lock up even if its temporary detention....

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 21:21   #6
The Maggy

Has anyone seen a broken nose that didn't gush blood like a stuck pig?

The Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 21:27   #7
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maggy View Post
i have. the bleeding was stopped a short time after it happened. matter of fact, watch any combat sport and youll see it.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 21:55   #8
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:
I might have.

There was a girl fight. At the end of it, one girl said, "I think she broke my nose" and someone who was going to school to be a nurse said, "I think you are correct, she broke your nose". There wasn't a drop of blood. I don't know how often this happens or.....

My analysis of the video. It is not in enough detail to show injuries. He is either a psyco killer or believes that he shot in self defense, because he is way to cool.
Old 03-28-2012, 21:57   #9
RCP

Quote:
Sure plenty of times in the last 10+ years of working in an ER and ICU.
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 00:45   #10
CAcop

Quote:
I broke mine repeatedly senior year during water polo season. I perpetually had black eyes and could not blow my nose without incredible pain. Not one drop of blood for all the blows to the nose.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT

Last edited by CAcop; 03-29-2012 at 01:43..
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:14   #11
JFrame

I agree with the others that the video is worthless.

It provides about as much confirmation about Zimmerman's condition or mental state as that video depicting a face on Mars.

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:36   #12
CourtCop

You see this is why we have jury trials with the very high burden of proof of beyond a reasonable doubt in order to convict people in this country. We don't convict solely on wild speculation of people who weren't there, proclamations of publicity hungry politicians or opinions of internet forum members.
There are only two people who know for sure what happened. One has a vested interest and the other is dead. We may never know what actually happened, but if there is not enough evidence to convict then Zimmerman is not guilty. Everything else, while interesting, is just people blowing smoke.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
CourtCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:38   #13
sbhaven

Video is what it is. As was reported in the partially released police report Zimmerman was treated by SFD after being placed in the back of the police car that night. And once Zimmerman was cleared by SFD he was transported to the Sanford Police Department. The report also notes the officer stated he could see Zimmerman bleeding from nose and back of head.

And I would assume that the SFD would also have some paperwork detailing what they did to treat Zimmerman that night.

Last edited by sbhaven; 03-29-2012 at 06:42..
sbhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:38   #14
HarleyGuy

This video (taken after the event) showing little or no visible signs of physical injury to Zimmerman has nothing to do with his claim of self defense.

The real issue is did Zimmermena have a reasonable fear of death or great bodily injury during the assault/fight/encounter with Martin?
HarleyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:14   #15
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbler_G20 View Post
Customarily if first aid is needed it is rendered prior to arriving at lockup. Often swelling doesn't happen for a while too.

This.

1. First aid could have been rendered at the scene. It was said he refused transport to a hospital, so the attendants probably cleaned him up before cutting him loose to the cops.

2. Which day was this filmed? It was said he went back with them the next day to re-enact the events (and that too was further reason why he wasn't charged) and I'm sure he showered and dressed before leaving, so, yes WHEN was this filmed, which day?
G29Reload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:30   #16
m51

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
This.

1. First aid could have been rendered at the scene. It was said he refused transport to a hospital, so the attendants probably cleaned him up before cutting him loose to the cops.

2. Which day was this filmed? It was said he went back with them the next day to re-enact the events (and that too was further reason why he wasn't charged) and I'm sure he showered and dressed before leaving, so, yes WHEN was this filmed, which day?
It was reported this video was filmed immediately after they took him from the scene. The handcuffs are still on. I saw a close up of this video (still shots) today showing a bump about the size of a dime close to the top of his head today. Something went on out there, hope we get an accurate story when it all comes out.

Last edited by m51; 03-29-2012 at 12:31..
m51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:54   #17
JRoCc

Something is there:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/29/po...w-head-injury/
JRoCc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:20   #18
GWSHARK
BITEYAHEADOFF

I sure hope that if I get beaten to a pulp and my brains bashed out of the back of my skull on concrete that I can bounce back as quickly his Zimmerman.
GWSHARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:33   #19
pesticidal
CLM Number 181
Eh?

Send a message via Yahoo to pesticidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWSHARK View Post
I sure hope that if I get beaten to a pulp and my brains bashed out of the back of my skull on concrete that I can bounce back as quickly his Zimmerman.
Nowhere have I read that Mr. Zimmerman stated that.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:36   #20
JRoCc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWSHARK View Post

Little dramatic aren't we?
JRoCc is offline   Reply With Quote