Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 06:45   #1
svtpwnz

Local 17 year old shot 8 times after pulling gun on cop

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...bgNg8kRh4ohqPw

Call made to 911 after gun shots heard by resident. Arriving officer sees someone matching description and stops to question suspect. Suspect then runs and draws weapon at officer and the officer responds by shooting this idiot 8 times. Now the NAACP and this punks family are saying it was an excessive use of force and he was a choir/alter boy with no record. REALLY!!!!! WTF was a 17 year old doing carrying a gun on the streets to begin with?
Old 03-30-2012, 07:03   #2
Dukeboy01
Pretty Ladies!

You play a man's game, you reap a man's reward...
Old 03-30-2012, 07:06   #3
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukeboy01 View Post
You play a man's game, you reap a man's reward...
I prefer "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

Sent from the USS Sulaco, while nuking the site from orbit.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:15   #4
svtpwnz

http://www.943wsc.com/cc-common/news...rticle=9972146

Video of the shooting above. I listen to alot of talk radio and we have some pretty decent morning talk stations here. Some of these morons calling in baffle the **** out of me siding with the NAACP and Pringle family on how the cop should have only shot him once or twice or after he went down. I just don't get it. If I am an officer and you draw a weapon on me, I would think that it is justifiable to shoot and continue to shoot until the suspect surrenders with his hands clear of any weapon and where I can see them.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:17   #5
CitizenOfDreams

The police acted stupidly. Shooting him 7 times would have been perfectly enough.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:17   #6
itstime

Was the whole fily on the street with him? How can family members say what he did or didn't do?

If I were on the streets at 17 with a gun and police were involved and I was shot 8 times, my parents would be asking the officer that looks like a big gun it only holds 8.

I just don't get people anymore.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:05   #7
Zeroskillet
MIA 305

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtpwnz View Post
http://www.943wsc.com/cc-common/news...rticle=9972146

Video of the shooting above. I listen to alot of talk radio and we have some pretty decent morning talk stations here. Some of these morons calling in baffle the **** out of me siding with the NAACP and Pringle family on how the cop should have only shot him once or twice or after he went down. I just don't get it. If I am an officer and you draw a weapon on me, I would think that it is justifiable to shoot and continue to shoot until the suspect surrenders with his hands clear of any weapon and where I can see them.
Dude you can't think much of those peoples opinion, those are the same people that will say something like "The cop should have shot him in the legs or maybe even the hand! Why kill the suspect!" Hollywood I tell you...

"God gets you to the plate, but once you're there you're on your own." Ted Williams.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:34   #8
G26AZ

Maybe the officer had a 1911 that only held 8 shots? (haven't watched video yet...)
Old 03-30-2012, 08:46   #9
mingaa

Sounds like a lawyer pumping the family. The same or similar words follow incidents like this SO often. Interesting twist is their darling boy is alive (lucky?) and will be up on some very serious charges and faces a trial. Good luck with the "Boy Scout" pose once in the system - gotta try him as an adult he obviously thinks he's the man!

Last edited by mingaa; 03-30-2012 at 08:46..
Old 03-30-2012, 08:53   #10
svtpwnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingaa View Post
Sounds like a lawyer pumping the family. The same or similar words follow incidents like this SO often. Interesting twist is their darling boy is alive (lucky?) and will be up on some very serious charges and faces a trial. Good luck with the "Boy Scout" pose once in the system - gotta try him as an adult he obviously thinks he's the man!
I was shocked as hell when they said he survived and was in serious condition. Getting shot 8 times is a whole lot of leakin.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:57   #11
mingaa

Yeah I did a double take on that before I posted my last comment. Tells you a lot about shot placement and a moving target. I wonder what the LEO was shooting.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:07   #12
bear62

Was the officer using a BB gun?? How is it that this boy is still alive???????
Old 03-30-2012, 09:10   #13
cowboy1964

North Charleston carries 45 ACP?
Old 03-30-2012, 11:05   #14
allegro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
North Charleston carries 45 ACP?
Then this idiot is Superman in that he can survive 8 shots with a .45

G23.3 Carry, G19.4, Advantage Arms .22 Conversion, Ruger P89, Ruger Security Six .357, M&P 15, Ithica Model 37, Winchester Model 24, Ruger 10/22
Old 03-30-2012, 11:29   #15
bear62

Quote:
Originally Posted by allegro View Post
Hard to believe........ (Do I sense an internal GT caliber war about the start?...)
Old 03-30-2012, 11:44   #16
Rumbler_G20

I am unaware of any agency who does not train to shoot until the threat is ended. Were I, I would suggest they change their policy for the purpose of increasing the life expectancy of their personnel.

It is simply the smart thing to do.

That those not smart find that objectionable . . . . don't need policy changed to accommodate them. They need education.

Simple stuff.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:08   #17
hankthetank

I love how the NAACP jumps in the second one of thoes sweet, innocent african americans got what he or she deserved. They do not even know what happened and they have the balls to say the cop was in the wrong. That kid and his muva and fava should be happy he didnt get one to the head after 8 shots. One more thing, how is it ok for the Black Panthers to openly say they want to find this Zimmerman guy and " serve him justice" ? I would like to see how quick the NAACP would jump in when the KKK wants to serve one of "their people" justice for shooting a white guy.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:49   #18
Spiffums
I.C.P.

So much for the stopping power of a 45 if 8 rounds can't put down a skinny urban yute!
Old 03-30-2012, 13:45   #19
svtpwnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by allegro View Post
X1BILLION! It's amazing he survived and he is now in stable condition I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear62 View Post
Hard to believe........ (Do I sense an internal GT caliber war about the start?...)
Well if it was a G29, 1 shot certainly would have been all that was needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankthetank View Post
I love how the NAACP jumps in the second one of thoes sweet, innocent african americans got what he or she deserved. They do not even know what happened and they have the balls to say the cop was in the wrong. That kid and his muva and fava should be happy he didnt get one to the head after 8 shots. One more thing, how is it ok for the Black Panthers to openly say they want to find this Zimmerman guy and " serve him justice" ? I would like to see how quick the NAACP would jump in when the KKK wants to serve one of "their people" justice for shooting a white guy.

The families comments earlier.

"He's stable right now," his aunt said. "He's stable and with God's help he's going to stay stable."

The family member would not comment further on Pringle's status, but said she and the rest of his family are outraged over the tape and the police officer's actions.

"I think this was a major injustice on behave of the police department because of the excessive force that was used against my nephew," she said.

AMAZING! I guess the officer should have given him a time out after having a gun pointed at him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
So much for the stopping power of a 45 if 8 rounds can't put down a skinny urban yute!
He has got to be the luckiest basterd on the planet!

Last edited by svtpwnz; 03-30-2012 at 13:46..
Old 03-30-2012, 13:53   #20
hamster
NRA Life Member

Should have used .357 Sig.

Closed Thread