Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-30-2012, 15:17   #1
bmoore

Arsenal owners question for you

I shot my SGL-21 today, shoots accurate with zero malfuntions. My question is this---Should the trigger click after every shot. Every shot the trigger resets with a click while returning forward. It feels like your doing a Fire control group function test where you hold the trigger down, cock the hammer, then let the trigger go forward and get a click. It does this every shot.

Is this standard for their 2 stage trigger?

Last edited by bmoore; 03-30-2012 at 15:21..
bmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 16:19   #2
ArmoryDoc
Need a haircut

You're feeling the reset. That's a good thing.
ArmoryDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 16:20   #3
TedG
Infidel USA

I just dry-fired mine to check, and there was a "click" as the trigger returns to its forward position after the click. It appears normal.

Become an Organ Donor today: http://donatelife.net/register-now/ Save as many as 50 lives. Thanks.

Last edited by TedG; 03-30-2012 at 16:22..
TedG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 16:21   #4
im_n2_vws

I have a new sgl21 that I haven't shot yet. I have noticed something when I cycle it manually. I will let you know as soon as I take mine to the range.

Danny
G-36 3rd gen
im_n2_vws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 16:23   #5
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

I have noticed this on some as well. I don't think it is a big deal and just the reset of the trigger return spring.

Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 16:37   #6
twag4

When you fire the rifle, the hammer is released and strikes the firing pin at the back of the bolt. The round fires and the bolt and carrier are sent rearward resetting the hammer. Since the trigger is still held rearward, the disconnector catches the hammer and holds it keeping it from falling again causing a runaway fire condition. When the trigger moves forward, the disconnector releases the hammer which is then held by the trigger hooks them/it-self. This movement from the disconnector's hook to the trigger's hook(s) (two if double hook trigger, one on your single hook trigger SGL21) is the cause of the click you feel. If you look on the hammer where the trigger hook rides, you will see a little ridge. This is the two stage trigger. When you pull the trigger, the hammer tries to ride forward causing the hook to slide along that ramp portion. When the trigger hook hits that little ridge, you have an immediate need for more force to continue pulling the trigger rearward. The trigger then gets easier as you get the hammer past that ridge. There is a second need for more force on the trigger as you get to the ridge at the end of the hammer ramp. When you apply more force to the trigger pull to get past that ridge, the hammer will then fall. The two ridges on the hammer where the trigger hook engages it, cause the two tighter areas in the trigger pull- thus the two stage trigger. These can be filed down, polished, or removed completely to lighten trigger pull. The problem on the arsenal trigger is that when this is done, the trigger pull is lightened and has no defined trigger break (when the hammer is released to strike the firing pin). And both ridges must be completely removed to eliminate that extra force requirement for trigger pull. Just making them smaller has little effect on weight of trigger pull. The Tapco G2 single hook trigger group does a fine job of lightening trigger pull while having a predictable trigger break. I have done the polish job to the Arsenal trigger group on my SGL 21 and now have the Tapco, and I definitely recommend the Tapco. It is a little gritty at first when new, but becomes buttery smooth with use. I have also polished this group and it is a very nice trigger now.
Old 03-30-2012, 16:40   #7
twag4

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_n2_vws View Post
I have a new sgl21 that I haven't shot yet. I have noticed something when I cycle it manually. I will let you know as soon as I take mine to the range.

Danny
Dryfire the rifle and hold the trigger rearward. Don't release it. Then recharge the bolt to the rear and release. Once the bolt is forward release the trigger and you'll feel the click. This simulates the action as it happens when you fire it.
Old 03-30-2012, 16:41   #8
bmoore

Thanks for the quick repiles. I inspected the rifle before shooting and all the FCG springs looked in order. Nothing was gritty or any misfires so I figured it was normal, just wanted to make sure. For 30 bucks I may need to do a single hook Tapco. Love the Arsenal.
Old 03-30-2012, 16:44   #9
twag4

You can also remove the return spring and bolt as you would for cleaning. Use your hand to control the hammer and squeeze the trigger. Keep the trigger squeezed and reset the hammer rearward and the disconnector will catch it. Release the trigger while observing the trigger group behind the hammer and you will see the click occur.
Old 03-30-2012, 16:59   #10
adamg01

It is completely normal.
adamg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 17:40   #11
bmoore

Thanks guys.
Old 03-30-2012, 18:59   #12
toshbar
Timber Baron

It may also be the hammer spring rubbing over the side/rear of the trigger inside.

Take the cover off, and with the hammer in the forward "decocked" position, pull the trigger and release it a few times while watching the wound spring where it passes over the trigger pin.
2 4 R

toshbar is offline   Reply With Quote