SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-04-2012, 19:17   #1
Wonky

38 snub

Mr Ayoob,
I've written to you several times and your replies are always helpful. Last year my husband died. We had shot his guns togther but they are too big for me (S&W 686, 629 etc). With your guidance I've purchase a Glock 26, Kahr P9 and enjoy shooting / carrying them. Everyone told me I also needed a light weight 38 snub nose so I bought a S&W 449 and shoot 130 grain gold dot (I think). It hurts my hand!!!. I like the idea of a snub nose...is the Ruger 38 an easier revolver to shoot? Any other suggestions?
Thanks again for your help.
Wonky
Wonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:47   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

Wonky, condolences on the loss of your husband.

The question of "need" can be a subjective one. If you're a firearms instructor and friends tell you that you "need" a revolver to demonstrate with, a .22 or .32 will permit that without hurting your hand. The difference between the LCR and the J-frame S&W with the same ammo is that the LCR comes with a cushier grip. You can get something similar from Pachmayr, Hogue, or Crimson Trace for your S&W .38.

If the perceived need is for defense, bear in mind that anything that hurts you in training may make you subconsciously hesitant with it in an actual emergency. If the Kahr and the Glock are fulfilling your concealed carry and home defense needs, where's the real reason to change?

Wishing you the best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote