GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-05-2012, 19:19   #1
RCR

Anybody here run a conversion barel to .40 in a Glock 29?

It surely would be nice to be able to just run down to the local Wall Mart snag a 100 round Value pack of Remington .40 and run a few rounds on the range with my 29. 10 mm is just to expensive to get as much trigger time with this one as I would like.
Anybody do a .40 conversion here? If so can you just drop the barrel in and run the same recoil spring and mag?
Wish now I had bought the 30 and then got a 10mm conversion kit. You can't go the other way so---.
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 19:39   #2
Goat 36

I got a Lone Wolf (LWD) .40 conversion barrel for my 29 and it dropped right in with zero smithing and has been awesome.

Definitely a viable option if you're interested.

-Justified theme song.
Goat 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 19:45   #3
RCR

Thanks man.
So the stock Spring and Mags for the 29 both work with the Lone Wolf .40 Barrel?
Old 04-05-2012, 20:11   #4
Goat 36

Quote:
So the stock Spring and Mags for the 29 both work with the Lone Wolf .40 Barrel?
Yep. Sorry, meant to comment on that.

I just pulled out the factory 10mm barrel, replaced with LWD conversion barrel, loaded .40 cal rounds into the 10mm mags and started shootin. Pretty cool, really.

I believe you can do the same with .357 Sig ammo in factory 10mm mags with no issues. Just need the .357 conversion barrel.

Certainly one of the great things about the 29.

I actually bought mine to shoot .40, .45 AND 10mm.

I have a 36 that I can switch entire upper assembly (slide, barrel, spring, etc.) with the 29 upper and shoot .45acp. Need to buy G30 mags for that, though.

-Justified theme song.

Last edited by Goat 36; 04-05-2012 at 20:12..
Old 04-05-2012, 23:31   #5
RCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat 36 View Post
Yep. Sorry, meant to comment on that.

I just pulled out the factory 10mm barrel, replaced with LWD conversion barrel, loaded .40 cal rounds into the 10mm mags and started shootin. Pretty cool, really.

I believe you can do the same with .357 Sig ammo in factory 10mm mags with no issues. Just need the .357 conversion barrel.

Certainly one of the great things about the 29.

I actually bought mine to shoot .40, .45 AND 10mm.

I have a 36 that I can switch entire upper assembly (slide, barrel, spring, etc.) with the 29 upper and shoot .45acp. Need to buy G30 mags for that, though.
Yep I'm thinking the same thing. I wish I had though about this a little more before I bought the 29 though as if I had I would have bought a 30 instead. The 29 won't run the .45 as you know without changing the slide. The 30 however will run them all with just the mag and barrel change!
I might grab a .357 Sig Barrel also as that looks like one MEAN little round. Kinda like the CZ52 I had with the smoking speed and the small round. Although the .357 Sig is no where near as fast as the 7.62x25 is.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe."Frederick Douglass
Old 04-06-2012, 08:21   #6
Goat 36

Quote:
Yep I'm thinking the same thing. I wish I had though about this a little more before I bought the 29 though as if I had I would have bought a 30 instead. The 29 won't run the .45 as you know without changing the slide. The 30 however will run them all with just the mag and barrel change!
Yeah, that's correct. I wavered back n forth myself between 30 and 29 and, though I'm really happy with the 29 and its ease of transition to .40, I do have to admit I'm very slightly disappointed I don't have the ability to shoot .45 out of that big, heavy G30 slide. I believe the heavy slide, 'along with' the wide grip that fits into the web of your hand, is what makes it one of the easiest to shoot very well, softest recoiling .45's ever made.

Might very well pick one up to add to the collection some day. For now, though, I'm fully occupied experimenting with these crazy powerful and very accurate 10mm's.

Good luck with your 29 and, if you just can't make that heart connection with it, don't be afraid to trade it in on a G19 which is comparable in size to a BHP with all the wonderous pluses of a Glock (Ridiculous reliability, almost zero maint needed, resistant to almost every substance known to man, etc.). Absolutely can't go wrong with that gun and it'd give you time with the Glock platform/trigger. Maybe, down the road a bit, you'll come back to that 29 with a new found respect and appreciation.

-Justified theme song.