Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-11-2012, 14:59   #61
brickboy240

If moderates decide elections...why then didn't Dole and McCain run away with it? Why has Romney never gotten more than 30% in most polls?

Also, why didn't we see thousands of moderates gathering en masse at rallies before the mid term elections and pushing for the results we saw in 2010? Sorry...not buying that garbage about moderates being a huge political force. That just does not pass the smell test.

Palin (of whom I am not really a fan) is a polarizing figure, but mostly because big media turned her in to one.

That said...I don't care where she is. Even if she does pop up and start cheerleading for Mittens...who cares? The GOP is once again throwing the Presidential race.

- brickboy240

Last edited by brickboy240; 04-11-2012 at 15:00..
brickboy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 15:40   #62
RC-RAMIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
I have no problem with either amendment, but they're not written in stone and were never meant to be an impediment to the progress of this country or the welfare of it's people.

Sure, our government has ventured into areas where it has no business, like welfare, social security and now healthcare. The reality is that we are in those areas and it's going to take a lot to get the government out.

The government needs to get out of those areas and follow the 9th and 10th amendments.

Where you and I differ is on how to get out of those areas and roll back the government's power and violations of those two amendments.

I think the correction needs to be slow and careful, so as not to disrupt the lives of American citizens.

You on the other hand would stop all social security, all welfare and all government entitlement programs immediately and completely. This would do more harm than good.

That's the same reason I refuse to support Ron Paul. His strict constitutional policies would hurt this country far more than they would help.

Support of the constitution isn't all or nothing as you make it out to be.
Just because I disagree on how to correct the problem, doesn't mean I don't support the constitution.
I told you this so many times and provide links to his plan numerous times he does NOT want to just cut off everything his plan phases out the problems.
RC-RAMIE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 17:40   #63
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-RAMIE View Post
He can't win because some conservatives ^ will vote for non conservative Republicans because the suck but they are ABO.
Sucks huh? It is what it is. Plan for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 17:42   #64
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Palin seems like a genuinely nice person with a good heart. Those kinds of people rarely do well in politics. She did pretty well anyway. Anyone else in the thread been a Governor of any state?

I wish her well, and would be happy to see her get the RNC Chair.

--Gunhaver

Old 04-11-2012, 17:43   #65
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Argh. Double tapped again.

--Gunhaver

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 04-11-2012 at 17:43..
Old 04-11-2012, 17:53   #66
DOC44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Argh. Double tapped again.
and one to the head.

Doc44
Old 04-11-2012, 19:28   #67
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawShooter View Post
The problem with Palin, is that she ONLY appeals to far right conservatives.

Finally some sanity in this thread.

However I don't see any comments from the now quiet 'Palin 2012' crowd. Heck, a few of them had it as their avatar.
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 21:20   #68
juggy4711
Nimrod Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Keep in mind my intelligence level is NOT determined by whether or not I agree with you.

We disagree and I think you're a smart person, but you think I'm a fool. I wonder what the difference is?

I predicted Sarah Palin would NOT run for president when all the rest of you were slobbering all over her.

Maybe I'm not so ignorant after all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
...In all seriousness though, I gotta agree with juggy. You've set yourself apart from some of the cardboard cutouts who pretend to debate here, with their monolithic belief systems so inflexible that you know exactly what their post will contain before you read the first word.

However wrong some of your opinions are (), at least it's apparent they're your opinions, to which some critical thought has been addressed, and not just the echo of some TV talking head or some Internet wacko with a blog.
Gundude got it but maybe I wasn't eloquent enough. I was trying to pay you a compliment. Sorry for the fail. I don't think you're a fool but misguided and confused. And for the record I have never slobbered over Sarah Palin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawShooter View Post
The problem with Palin, is that she ONLY appeals to far right conservatives...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
Finally some sanity in this thread...
WTF. Her support of McCain appealed to far right conservatives? Could of fooled me.
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 21:21   #69
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Sarah is a nice lady but she's a bit liberal. Too much neocon.
Old 04-11-2012, 21:40   #70
juggy4711
Nimrod Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Sarah is a nice lady but she's a bit liberal. Too much neocon.
This. How the heck she convinced anyone she was anything else is far beyond me. Again that said I do not begrudge her any of the money she makes from her fame.
Old 04-11-2012, 23:41   #71
Big Mad Dawg

I supported her and would support anyone that wants to move the government to a more conservative point. I am tired of the PC bleeding heart white guilt give the money to the welfare bums crowd. I would with a clear conscience cut the money to all social programs in a minuet if possible why should I or anyone else be forced to support the lazy dirt bags of the world or in our country?

Why so serious

If you donít have any horses you must saddle your dogs - Dr. Saad
Big Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 23:50   #72
juggy4711
Nimrod Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mad Dawg View Post
I supported her and would support anyone that wants to move the government to a more conservative point. I am tired of the PC bleeding heart white guilt give the money to the welfare bums crowd. I would with a clear conscience cut the money to all social programs in a minuet if possible why should I or anyone else be forced to support the lazy dirt bags of the world or in our country?
Supporting her would not accomplish that. She backed McCain for re-election to the Senate. She's a big government Republican or in other words not actually conservative.
Old 04-12-2012, 00:00   #73
Big Mad Dawg

Hungers the original motivator get a job work hard eat what you want.
If you know you and your spawn will suffer unless your baby daddy stays and works you will be selective on who climbs on for a night of fun its nature’s way of weeding out the dead beats from the gene pool.

Why so serious

Old 04-12-2012, 00:06   #74
Big Mad Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
Supporting her would not accomplish that. She backed McCain for re-election to the Senate. She's a big government Republican or in other words not actually conservative.
She is (anyone would be) right of the slug in the White house now. Do I think she is God gift no but she is better than what are our options now or then. I voted for McCain holding my nose and crying.

Why so serious

Old 04-12-2012, 00:20   #75
juggy4711
Nimrod Son

Quote:
She is (anyone would be) right of the slug in the White house now. Do I think she is God gift no but she is better than what are our options now or then. I voted for McCain holding my nose and crying.
This is why we fail.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:37   #76
Big Mad Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
This is why we fail.
We fail because we donít have the fortitude to stand for what is right. We shy away from the load mouth liberals when they start screeching that it is mean to the babies if we support hard line conservative ideals. Will I support the better of the two options? Yes I do. But I truly want a leader that will come and set a constitutional conservative administration. I want states rights, government out of the business of all social programs and to cut the government to the bone and back doing only what they are meant to be doing.

Why so serious

Old 04-12-2012, 21:37   #77
juggy4711
Nimrod Son

Quote:
We fail because we donít have the fortitude to stand for what is right. We shy away from the load mouth liberals when they start screeching that it is mean to the babies if we support hard line conservative ideals. Will I support the better of the two options? Yes I do. But I truly want a leader that will come and set a constitutional conservative administration. I want states rights, government out of the business of all social programs and to cut the government to the bone and back doing only what they are meant to be doing.
You won't get any of that voting for folks like Sarah Palin. Your willingness to compromise your vote is exactly what you're complaining about in the first part of this post.