Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 12:53   #441
Bluescot

Does anyone else have a follow up on the GT hole ream job? I'm referring to the LWD barrel not the customer service.

I sent in two barrels to get the GT hole treatment; one of them a G27 works ok but the other G30 is a no go.

Just wondering what others experience turned out to be.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:22   #442
hank_612

Lwd

This is my first post and but far from my first rodeo. I think LWD overall has a good reputation for customer service. I feel JRs pain a business owner and manufactures rep.

That being said I recently bought a KKM for one of my g19s because it was american made and because the reviews are very positive. I would consider buying a LWD next time I need a barrel just because you have taken all the time to explain yourself in this thread and I love when a manufacture pays attention to forums and such.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:42   #443
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
Welcome to GT Hank! You spent your first post commenting on LWD, WOW!
I appreciate your thoughts regarding our business and would like to offer you an opportunity to T&E one of our G19 barrels for a side by side performance comparison to your new KKM.
Please email me your contact/mailing information jr@lonewolfdist.com Let me know the type ammo you are currently using (reloads or factory) I will provide your choice of std chamber or GT Hole. If you are shooting both lead reloads and factory I will send 2 barrels, one with each chamber. All I ask is you post your findings here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 10-25-2012, 13:01   #444
Boxerglocker
Jacks #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescot View Post
Does anyone else have a follow up on the GT hole ream job? I'm referring to the LWD barrel not the customer service.

I sent in two barrels to get the GT hole treatment; one of them a G27 works ok but the other G30 is a no go.

Just wondering what others experience turned out to be.
I have zero issues since they did the ream to my G34 barrel. Run over 1000 through it since. I have since converted my G34 to my dedicated 3 gun side arm and and running it real hard with Dawson extended basepads (23 rounds). I would seriously look into your loads, bullet profile and OAL.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
BLUE Kool-aid drinking team member

Last edited by Boxerglocker; 10-30-2012 at 21:56..
Old 10-25-2012, 13:04   #445
hank_612

Wow

Thank you JR. I will send you my info in a few minutes.

I will be glad to do a side by side test. I have 2 G4 G19s. One was less accurate than my liking. Both have 3.5 lb connectors(ghost) and that is the only mod. I will post info regarding any appreciable accuracy difference and point of impact change. I will test them in both G19s off a bag at a indoor range at 10 and 25. WWB and Hornaday ammo.

Steve.

PS for the record I know no one at Lone wolf and I own no LWD products currently. I am former military and will not compromise my integrity for free stuff. I am pumped though.
Old 10-25-2012, 20:34   #446
Bluescot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerglocker View Post
I have zero issues since they did the ream to my G34 barrel. Run over 1000 through it since. I have since converted my G34 to my dedicated 3 gun side arm and and running it real hard with Dawson extended basepads (25 rounds). I would seriously look into your loads, bullet profile and OAL.

I seriously shot those same reloads in my Paraordinance 14-45 without a hitch and in my buddy's Colt Gold Cup and his Kimber also without a hitch.

Interesting enough I tried the stock Glock G30 barrel again and those same reloads ran in it very smoothly. So it doesn't appear to be a problem in other manuf. 45ACP nor in the stock Glock barrel so any angles of feeding would be eliminated.

Still puzzled.....maybe the GT hole was not completed properly .....who knows????
Old 10-26-2012, 04:00   #447
WiskyT
Malcontent

Hi,

I just registered on this sight because I think you all have been unfair to JR. All of his products are wonderful and without him there would be no life itself. It's terrible the way you all lie about him as I know he has a sunny disposition, helps children, and personally drop ships, I mean inspects, every barrel he sells. He stands behind them 90% and only charges a nominal fee to make then work now that he's found it's too expensive to fix all of them for free.

Yours truly,

JR's mother

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
Old 10-26-2012, 09:47   #448
higgsjunk

This is also my 1st post on GT but I have been a reader for sometime now.. I just purchased my 1st lone wolf barrel for my glock 23 gen4. I purchased the 40-9 conversion barrel because I wanted to start shooting lead reloads. I proceeded to purchase 500 of the SmallBall! .356Diameter 9mm Parabellum 125 Grain 9MM RN from Missouri Bullet because I had read good things.. I am finding that in order to get the glock to go into battery I am having to seat the bullets very deep. OAL is 1.045.. I am very concerned about excessive pressure. Does anyone have any idea of what I may me doings wrong or has someone else ran into this issue? Thanks for any help...
Old 10-26-2012, 12:44   #449
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
If you have any doubts regarding this issue please return the barrel to LWD and include a couple dummy rounds. We will see what chamber is the best match for your load. It will fall into the improved Luger chamber or the GT Hole, either way it free of charge. If you have any questions email me direct at jr@lonewolfdist.com

Old 10-26-2012, 16:13   #450
wdphillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
JR-

Take it from someone who was in business for 40 years, you cannot please every customer every time. Based on comments I've been reading here since the beginning of my GT membership, your products and customer service have been very highly rated.

I just purchased a LWD conversion barrel and I plan to buy a complete G19 slide. I trust your company to serve me well.

Sounds like you are trying hard to resolve the pesky issues some folks are raising. I'm not taking sides. I just hope you and your customers end up shakin' hands and moving ahead. Good luck.
Ditto!

Vietnam Veteran, NRA Life Member
Old 10-26-2012, 16:14   #451
Bluescot

Higgsjunk

The problem you are encountering with your LWD barrel is quite common, although I don't know how common that event happens with the conversion barrels.

About a year ago to "fix" your barrel would have cost you $30 plus shipping and you could have received a lecture about what an idiot you are for reloading the way you do.

Times have change, mainly thanks to this board and this thread, where now JR steps up to the plate and offers a correction to his product.

JR: I would just hope that anyone who calls the service department receives the same offer and not the old policy of paying the $30. If they are getting the free offer, congrats to you JR. If they aren't you might want to make a change.
Old 10-27-2012, 00:45   #452
Taildraggerdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by higgsjunk View Post
This is also my 1st post on GT but I have been a reader for sometime now.. I just purchased my 1st lone wolf barrel for my glock 23 gen4. I purchased the 40-9 conversion barrel because I wanted to start shooting lead reloads. I proceeded to purchase 500 of the SmallBall! .356Diameter 9mm Parabellum 125 Grain 9MM RN from Missouri Bullet because I had read good things.. I am finding that in order to get the glock to go into battery I am having to seat the bullets very deep. OAL is 1.045.. I am very concerned about excessive pressure. Does anyone have any idea of what I may me doings wrong or has someone else ran into this issue? Thanks for any help...
I have this issue exactly and have to seat my Missouri's to 1.089 It shoots 2" at 25 yards off a bag so I will run with it.

Take care,
Dave
Old 10-27-2012, 11:28   #453
Idaho Spud

452 posts, wow. Why doesn't someone recommend to LW to chamber their barrels with Glock's reamers? That way guns will work and we can all shoot lead to our hearts' content. And it might put an end to this tome.

Then we can sit before our keyboards all day and gripe about how much we hate LW barrels cuz our brass is swollen, has guppy bellies, neck splits, etc. I'm lookin' forward to that.

Edit: And I told myself I wasn't going to post anymore! Wife says I just cannot keep my fingers shut!

Last edited by Idaho Spud; 10-27-2012 at 11:34.. Reason: additional wise-*****ed remark
Old 10-27-2012, 12:05   #454
PrecisionRifleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel View Post
I didn't know LW didn't "make" their own barrels. That seems odd to me. Most companies don't make all the stuff that they sell. Ford doesn't make every little part in their cars. But they are considered Ford parts. Same with this barrel. It's made for LW to LW specs. It is their barrel. They own it. They are proud of it. It is their baby. It may be tighter then people like. But I have never had a issue getting my ammo to fit their barrel. Even if you add the $30 to the price the barrel is still cheaper then most others. Only other option is Storm Lake. I don't know what their throats are like. KKM has a tight chamber and short throat. That is just the way these things are made.
I like my LWD 6.02" 10mm barrel. The barrel is tight, but that's one of the reasons I bought it. All this means is that I have to use a good taper crimp when I load up.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

G20SF
Gen4 G23
Old 10-27-2012, 12:18   #455
Boxerglocker
Jacks #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescot View Post
I seriously shot those same reloads in my Paraordinance 14-45 without a hitch and in my buddy's Colt Gold Cup and his Kimber also without a hitch.

Interesting enough I tried the stock Glock G30 barrel again and those same reloads ran in it very smoothly. So it doesn't appear to be a problem in other manuf. 45ACP nor in the stock Glock barrel so any angles of feeding would be eliminated.

Still puzzled.....maybe the GT hole was not completed properly .....who knows????
I'm getting the impression that you don't seen to understand is every barrel is different. The Glock barrel itself is deemed by many to be the most reliable with RN ammo.

It doesn't matter as to what gun your reloads have been successfully shot out of before.
My 135 RN loads shot great out of my stock Glock 9mm barrels and my STI barrel, not in my LWD barrel initially and I know they will NOT work well out of my buddies CZ shadow (we had to adjust the OAL to get him a load that would run reliably).

I would suggest measuring the chamber and feed ramp angles against your stock Glock. I went back through the thread and haven't seen any posts by you stating your load bullet type, weight or OAL. Did you or didn't you send dummy rounds back when your chamber was opened up? The question you need to answer is "What is it about my particular load that causes this particular gun to choke with this particular barrel?
&
BLUE Kool-aid drinking team member

Last edited by Boxerglocker; 10-27-2012 at 12:46..
Old 10-27-2012, 12:37   #456
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Spud View Post
Then we can sit before our keyboards all day and gripe about how much we hate LW barrels cuz our brass is swollen, has guppy bellies, neck splits, etc. I'm lookin' forward to that.
I never have that problem. I've been loading for 40SW Glocks since 1997 and never had that problem. I've also never had problems getting my rounds to chamber, but that's because I didn't buy into all the aftermarket barrel hype like the rest of the internet lemmings do.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:38   #457
WiskyT
Malcontent

Is anybody keeping track of all of the people with less than 20 posts and a membership only a few weeks old who happen to pop in here?

Old 10-27-2012, 12:58   #458
Idaho Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
Is anybody keeping track of all of the people with less than 20 posts and a membership only a few weeks old who happen to pop in here?
Looked but couldn't find a rule prohibiting any one from posting opinion anywhere on this site. There, now I should have your requisite 20 posts.
Old 10-27-2012, 13:02   #459
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
I never have that problem. I've been loading for 40SW Glocks since 1997 and never had that problem. I've also never had problems getting my rounds to chamber, but that's because I didn't buy into all the aftermarket barrel hype like the rest of the internet lemmings do.

I am with you on this. I have never arrived at the place where I thought a Glock barrel has left me lacking. I don't understand trying to fix what hasn't been an issue (chamber dimensions, poly' rifling, etc). The stock Glock barrel does what it should do an auto-loading combat pistol: reliably feed a variety of bullet profiles and group better than my shooting capabilities.
Old 10-27-2012, 13:04   #460
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Spud View Post
Looked but couldn't find a rule prohibiting any one from posting opinion anywhere on this site. There, now I should have your requisite 20 posts.
There is no rule agianst new members posting. I just find it kind of odd that there has been a steady stream of new mebers with low post counts who sing the praises of JR and how bad Glock barrels are.

We never seem to see much of those posters after they pop in on this thread either, go figure. I think I speak for the group as a whole when I say I look forward to many years of your posts on various aspects of reloading.

Closed Thread

Tags
38super, glock bulge is a myth, kkm rocks, lwd barrels, match grade glory, who's a democrat?