GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 06:13   #1
stormspotter
Senior Member
 
stormspotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tornado alley
Posts: 2,145
Affidavit alleges Zimmerman confronted Martin

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/12...est=latestnews

The fix is in.

Last edited by stormspotter; 04-13-2012 at 06:16..
stormspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:19   #2
callihan_44
INFIDEL
 
callihan_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Flyover,USA
Posts: 2,405
this doesnt sound good, but will it trump witness testimony?
callihan_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:29   #3
RustyShackelford
> OD Glock 32 <
 
RustyShackelford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 46148
Posts: 4,261
What do you mean "fix"? You don't think that Z followed/profiled/confronted/killed the unarmed Trayvon (sp?) ??

Why is that?
__________________
TOP GUN 357SIG, Florida Glocker Clubs member #420

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
, straight stock (so far)
----------------------------
Ray Zalinsky: "What the American public doesn't know is what makes them the American public."
RustyShackelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:50   #4
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member
 
FLIPPER 348's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Lyle WA
Posts: 22,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormspotter View Post

The fix is in.

Do you have issues with the truth?? The 911 recording says it all.
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:11   #5
stormspotter
Senior Member
 
stormspotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tornado alley
Posts: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
Do you have issues with the truth?? The 911 recording says it all.
The 911 tape shows Zimmerman said "OK" when the dispatcher said not to follow Martin. Until an eye witness comes forward and says he did not stop following Martin, we will have to wait till everything comes out in court.

stormspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:23   #6
RustyShackelford
> OD Glock 32 <
 
RustyShackelford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 46148
Posts: 4,261
How many of these supposed witnesses saw the whole encounter beginning-to-end? This Z guy looks like he got himself into some hot water by pursuing some innocent civilian* and then fatally shooting him. That's what the police are supposed to do. They don't look kindly upon others filling their shoes.
__________________
TOP GUN 357SIG, Florida Glocker Clubs member #420

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
, straight stock (so far)
----------------------------
Ray Zalinsky: "What the American public doesn't know is what makes them the American public."
RustyShackelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:54   #7
stormspotter
Senior Member
 
stormspotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tornado alley
Posts: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackelford View Post
How many of these supposed witnesses saw the whole encounter beginning-to-end? This Z guy looks like he got himself into some hot water by pursuing some innocent civilian* and then fatally shooting him. That's what the police are supposed to do. They don't look kindly upon others filling their shoes.
I've been involved locally with neighborhood watch and the police want people to call if they see anything out of the ordinary. If an area has had an increase in crime, a lot of calls to the PD are not uncommon. Police have also asked that someone be followed, but not approached, and report their location. That MAY be why Zimmerman did not go directly to his vehicle, but was looking for an address to give to the dispatcher.

Did Zimmerman stop when dispatcher told him to. His reply of OK leads us to believe he did, but no one knows for sure except him.

If, and it's a big IF, Martin then followed Zimmerman and attacked him, because he felt disrespected or whatever, then Zimmerman MAY be justified in his shooting.

All that is sure right now is that Race Baiters and politicians are the ones pushing this case.

Hopefully he will get a fair trial, but only time will tell.
stormspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:13   #8
RustyShackelford
> OD Glock 32 <
 
RustyShackelford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 46148
Posts: 4,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormspotter View Post
I've been involved locally with neighborhood watch and the police want people to call if they see anything out of the ordinary. If an area has had an increase in crime, a lot of calls to the PD are not uncommon. Police have also asked that someone be followed, but not approached, and report their location. That MAY be why Zimmerman did not go directly to his vehicle, but was looking for an address to give to the dispatcher.

Did Zimmerman stop when dispatcher told him to. His reply of OK leads us to believe he did, but no one knows for sure except him.

If, and it's a big IF, Martin then followed Zimmerman and attacked him, because he felt disrespected or whatever, then Zimmerman MAY be justified in his shooting.

All that is sure right now is that Race Baiters and politicians are the ones pushing this case.

Hopefully he will get a fair trial, but only time will tell.
Just because there seems to be an acknowledgement by the killer (or shooter, if you're sensitive) that he would cease his pursuit, doesn't make it so. In fact, I would bet it is highly unlikely that this wanna-be-authoritarian stopped tracking his prey down. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Z already had his hand on his weapon through the entire process. He followed, and encountered this kid who is/was completely innocent of crime. The kid was just walking around. Until you* can prove he was involved/indulged in criminal activity, he was just some unarmed guy that found a killer all hopped up on adrenaline and tough-guy-authority.

I wonder how this would have gone down if Z had just shouted out to the guy "Hey! What are you doing? Are you lost?" when he felt there was need for investigation.

Hollering out to someone on public property is not a crime. Acting like you are judge/jury/executioner and killing some kid is. And that's why there are charges. Don't make this Z into a martyr just yet. So far he's only a weak pathetic murderer.

* is not applied directly to those replied to
__________________
TOP GUN 357SIG, Florida Glocker Clubs member #420

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
, straight stock (so far)
----------------------------
Ray Zalinsky: "What the American public doesn't know is what makes them the American public."
RustyShackelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:19   #9
Lethaltxn
Senior Member
 
Lethaltxn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackelford View Post
Just because there seems to be an acknowledgement by the killer (or shooter, if you're sensitive) that he would cease his pursuit, doesn't make it so. In fact, I would bet it is highly unlikely that this wanna-be-authoritarian stopped tracking his prey down. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Z already had his hand on his weapon through the entire process. He followed, and encountered this kid who is/was completely innocent of crime. The kid was just walking around. Until you* can prove he was involved/indulged in criminal activity, he was just some unarmed guy that found a killer all hopped up on adrenaline and tough-guy-authority.

I wonder how this would have gone down if Z had just shouted out to the guy "Hey! What are you doing? Are you lost?" when he felt there was need for investigation.

Hollering out to someone on public property is not a crime. Acting like you are judge/jury/executioner and killing some kid is. And that's why there are charges. Don't make this Z into a martyr just yet. So far he's only a weak pathetic murderer.

* is not applied directly to those replied to
Lots of assumptions here. You shouldn't ass-u-me.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Lew Horton Springfield Compact 1911
Springfield Loaded
Lethaltxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:39   #10
RustyShackelford
> OD Glock 32 <
 
RustyShackelford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 46148
Posts: 4,261
Much of it is indeed fact. The rest may even come to light during the trial. Outside of some random post/confession on Facebook from the teen about how he was departing to burgle or rob on the night of his murder, what are you hoping to see come to light?
__________________
TOP GUN 357SIG, Florida Glocker Clubs member #420

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
, straight stock (so far)
----------------------------
Ray Zalinsky: "What the American public doesn't know is what makes them the American public."
RustyShackelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:45   #11
JBnTX
JB in Tx
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,413
All the details don't matter one hoot.
Zimmerman sealed his doom when he got out of his vehicle.

His job was to observe and report.
After calling the police his job was finished.

I'll bet security companies all over the country are telling their
employees, "see, this is why you don't get involved".

Last edited by JBnTX; 04-13-2012 at 12:54..
JBnTX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:45   #12
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 10,080
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackelford View Post
Just because there seems to be an acknowledgement by the killer (or shooter, if you're sensitive) that he would cease his pursuit, doesn't make it so. In fact, I would bet it is highly unlikely that this wanna-be-authoritarian stopped tracking his prey down. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Z already had his hand on his weapon through the entire process. He followed, and encountered this kid who is/was completely innocent of crime. The kid was just walking around. Until you* can prove he was involved/indulged in criminal activity, he was just some unarmed guy that found a killer all hopped up on adrenaline and tough-guy-authority.

I wonder how this would have gone down if Z had just shouted out to the guy "Hey! What are you doing? Are you lost?" when he felt there was need for investigation.

Hollering out to someone on public property is not a crime. Acting like you are judge/jury/executioner and killing some kid is. And that's why there are charges. Don't make this Z into a martyr just yet. So far he's only a weak pathetic murderer.

* is not applied directly to those replied to
Why don't you assume Zimmerman innocent until proven guilty? You've given Martin the benefit of the doubt.
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 13:03   #13
RustyShackelford
> OD Glock 32 <
 
RustyShackelford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 46148
Posts: 4,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Zimmerman sealed his doom when he got out of his vehicle.

His job was to observe and report.
After calling the police his job was finished.

I'll bet security companies all over the country are telling their employees, "see, this is why you don't get involved".
Why others don't see it this way (rationally) is beyond a mystery to me. But maybe more than a few are similarly inclined to pursue otherwise innocent persons just based on stereotypes etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
Why don't you assume Zimmerman innocent until proven guilty? You've given Martin the benefit of the doubt.
Z, indeed, pursued/tracked/entered conflict with the person he moments later shot and killed.

Suppose you were walking around on public property (or even someone else's property) and were guilty of nothing. You can even wear a hooded sweatshirt if you prefer. I won't judge you. Then, some guy decides he doesn't like the look of you (maybe some guy preconceived by opinions based on race, perhaps) and comes up starting to give you the business. You are unarmed and this guy starts getting violent (or at least antagonist towards you) with you. Are you going to defend yourself? Even if all you can do is punch him in the face when he grabs onto you (or maybe brandishes his weapon)? What if you are now in an encounter with a man you know to be hostile and armed? All you can do is win the physical battle to save your life. You try, really you do. Trying to end the encounter that was brought upon you. You didn't want it, but.....

BLAM!!!

Now your life culminates in a pool of your own blood (and maybe some of the blood you were able to exact from your murderer during you initial attempt to defend your life).

I don't really expect a poignant response.
__________________
TOP GUN 357SIG, Florida Glocker Clubs member #420

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
, straight stock (so far)
----------------------------
Ray Zalinsky: "What the American public doesn't know is what makes them the American public."
RustyShackelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 13:14   #14
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 10,080
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackelford View Post
Why others don't see it this way (rationally) is beyond a mystery to me. But maybe more than a few are similarly inclined to pursue otherwise innocent persons just based on stereotypes etc.



Z, indeed, pursued/tracked/entered conflict with the person he moments later shot and killed.

Suppose you were walking around on public property (or even someone else's property) and were guilty of nothing. You can even wear a hooded sweatshirt if you prefer. I won't judge you. Then, some guy decides he doesn't like the look of you (maybe some guy preconceived by opinions based on race, perhaps) and comes up starting to give you the business. You are unarmed and this guy starts getting violent (or at least antagonist towards you) with you. Are you going to defend yourself? Even if all you can do is punch him in the face when he grabs onto you (or maybe brandishes his weapon)? What if you are now in an encounter with a man you know to be hostile and armed? All you can do is win the physical battle to save your life. You try, really you do. Trying to end the encounter that was brought upon you. You didn't want it, but.....

BLAM!!!

Now your life culminates in a pool of your own blood (and maybe some of the blood you were able to exact from your murderer during you initial attempt to defend your life).

I don't really expect a poignant response.
You obviously have some special knowledge of what happened that the eye witness and responding officers are ignorant of. In addition to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
Why don't you assume Zimmerman innocent until proven guilty? You've given Martin the benefit of the doubt.
I also ask "How is it you were endowed with this special knowledge?"
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 13:16   #15
Lethaltxn
Senior Member
 
Lethaltxn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackelford View Post
Much of it is indeed fact. The rest may even come to light during the trial. Outside of some random post/confession on Facebook from the teen about how he was departing to burgle or rob on the night of his murder, what are you hoping to see come to light?
No, you've managed to take what few details we are aware of, draw a conclusion using emotion and present it as fact. You're arguments, like many others, aren't rational.

I hope the truth, no matter what it may be, comes out. Then I'll proceed to make comments based on fact rather than emotion.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Lew Horton Springfield Compact 1911
Springfield Loaded

Last edited by Lethaltxn; 04-13-2012 at 13:17..
Lethaltxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 13:20   #16
RustyShackelford
> OD Glock 32 <
 
RustyShackelford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 46148
Posts: 4,261
What was Martin guilty of? Darkness of skin? Like I said, if there's some incriminating evidence that the young man was out to commit crimes (Facebook posts have been used more than once to establish that sort of thing) then hopefully it will all come out in trial.

As for the eyewitnesses, what's their story? They saw the whole thing, or tuned their attention to the sight of Martin on top of Z? How did it get to that point? There was, before that part even happened, at least the pursuit of the teen by the armed Z. Even the authorities that Z was able to hail told him to cease his efforts. Yet, somehow, he still fatally wounded the person he was tailing.
__________________
TOP GUN 357SIG, Florida Glocker Clubs member #420

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
, straight stock (so far)
----------------------------
Ray Zalinsky: "What the American public doesn't know is what makes them the American public."
RustyShackelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 13:28   #17
Lethaltxn
Senior Member
 
Lethaltxn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackelford View Post
What was Martin guilty of? Darkness of skin? Like I said, if there's some incriminating evidence that the young man was out to commit crimes (Facebook posts have been used more than once to establish that sort of thing) then hopefully it will all come out in trial.

As for the eyewitnesses, what's their story? They saw the whole thing, or tuned their attention to the sight of Martin on top of Z? How did it get to that point? There was, before that part even happened, at least the pursuit of the teen by the armed Z. Even the authorities that Z was able to hail told him to cease his efforts. Yet, somehow, he still fatally wounded the person he was tailing.
You're using emotion again as an argument.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Lew Horton Springfield Compact 1911
Springfield Loaded
Lethaltxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 13:29   #18
JBnTX
JB in Tx
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post

You obviously have some special knowledge of what happened that the eye witness and responding officers are ignorant of.

No special knowledge us required.

If Zimmerman would have followed the proper procedures, none of this would have happened. Period.

He had NO business getting out of his vehicle.
Observe and report, that's the extent of his involvement.

All the witnesses and all the details are a moot point.
The prosecutor is going to hang him out to dry all because he got out of his vehicle and got involved.

I'll even bet there's a piece of paper signed by him when he got that job instructing him not to get involved. Observe and report only.

And based on the amount of prior calls to police, there's probably more than a few police officers/dispatchers that told him not to do what he did.
JBnTX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 13:33   #19
Lethaltxn
Senior Member
 
Lethaltxn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
No special knowledge us required.

If Zimmerman would have followed the proper procedures, none of this would have happened. Period.

He had NO business getting out of his vehicle.
Observe and report, that's the extent of his involvement.

All the witnesses and all the details are a moot point.
The prosecutor is going to hang him out to dry all because he got out of his vehicle and got involved.

I'll even bet there's a piece of paper signed by him when he got that job instructing him not to get involved. Observe and report only.

And based on the amount of prior calls to police, there's probably more than a few police officers/dispatchers that told him not to do what he did.
I'll concede he really shouldn't have gotten out of his vehicle. However, getting out of his car isn't illegal nor is stupidity.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Lew Horton Springfield Compact 1911
Springfield Loaded
Lethaltxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 13:39   #20
RustyShackelford
> OD Glock 32 <
 
RustyShackelford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 46148
Posts: 4,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethaltxn View Post
I'll concede he really shouldn't have gotten out of his vehicle. However, getting out of his car isn't illegal nor is stupidity.
Maybe you're looking at it like getting out of your car at the market or the doctor's office or something. What if you were following someone you judged to look like enough of a delinquent to warrant your surveillance and possible detention. Even though they were engaged in no apparent crime. And even though the officers you called told you to disengage. Does that make it seem like a stupid (and probably illegal) thing to do?
__________________
TOP GUN 357SIG, Florida Glocker Clubs member #420

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
, straight stock (so far)
----------------------------
Ray Zalinsky: "What the American public doesn't know is what makes them the American public."

Last edited by RustyShackelford; 04-13-2012 at 13:39..
RustyShackelford is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 14:47.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,247
333 Members
914 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42