Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:54   #1
tyr0981

Ghost Ring Tritium Night Sights

Who's used or seen these things in action?

I did wanted a laser, but it's not working out..... so i'd like something "aim-able" in low-light/night for my G29 (10MM), for things at a moderate distance, and i couldn't find any good write-ups on Ghost sites similar to these ones... they're from eBay... for whatever that's worth... opinions are welcome!

Sights, Optics and Lasers

Last edited by tyr0981; 04-13-2012 at 09:24..
tyr0981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 19:11   #2
Carver

GR on a G33 w/ 9mm conv. bbl:

I just got em last-night, shot 100+ rds today!
Faster & accurate. Kinda awkward w/both eyes open, but it improved w practice.

But the stock were dead-on as well w/357Sig round, maybe more so. I was hitting rapid fire hostage targets like a pro w/the stock configuration. I impressed myself!
Old 04-13-2012, 19:34   #3
tyr0981

sounds promising! i'm uneasy of dropping ~100$ on some glowing bits for sights, the OEM sights on the 29 aren't terrible, but i'd like something that can be aimed faster and more accurately....

So how do these sights comapred to the Factory sights? can you see the target better beyond the sight?
Old 04-13-2012, 22:07   #4
Carver

I was more accurate w factory fixed sights. Buy I've been used to that set-up for 25 years. Comparing to GR only ~30 mins. experience.

That said, the GR was noticeably quicker than the OEM at the end of ~30 minutes. The accuracy will come I'm sure.

To tell you the truth, I paid little attention to pin-point accuracy, I focused on presentation quickly hitting COM. And I practiced 2 eyes open.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:01   #5
tim12232
Pistolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyr0981 View Post
Who's used or seen these things in action?

I did wanted a laser, but it's not working out..... so i'd like something "aim-able" in low-light/night for my G29 (10MM), for things at a moderate distance, and i couldn't find any good write-ups on Ghost sites similar to these ones... they're from eBay... for whatever that's worth... opinions are welcome!

Do you carry concealed? Im a big fan of the trijicon HD's, about 115 on Amazon. I'm not really a fan of the ghost ring as its just too big and easy to catch on a draw.
I also had no need for NV, so I went with the 512. As far as the submersion, if I'm 10 feet under water and still holding onto my rifle, something has gone terribly awry and I don't think an extra 23 feet is going to matter to me. YMMV
G21 Club #858
tim12232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 13:48   #6
tyr0981

Yeah that's part of my apprehensiveness, i was hoping to find a sight that would allow for quicker target acquisition and a better sight picture as-well, not sure these sights will help with what i'm after....