SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-16-2012, 15:27   #1
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

CO delegate success more evidence Paul will challenge Romney in Tampa

For those doubting the effectiveness of the Ron Paul delegate strategy and how that will effect the RNC.

http://communities.washingtontimes.c...ll-challenge-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by snippet
Colorado completed its state convention yesterday. Under the headline, “Romney lost Colo. caucuses, gets most delegates,” Real Clear Politics reported the results this way.

“GOP has chosen 13 Romney delegates and six Santorum delegates. The remaining 17 delegates are unpledged, meaning they are free to choose any Republican candidate for president.”

That’s technically accurate, but it begs a question from anyone even minimally curious: Who do those 17 unpledged delegates support? Are they undecided, or do they intend to vote for a specific candidate at the Republican National Convention (RNC)?

According to the Real Clear article, “Many would-be delegates criticized Romney, and some dejected Santorum fans teamed with Ron Paul supporters to push what they called a 'Conservative Unity Slate' to look for a non-Romney presidential candidate.”

That is also technically accurate, but misleading. Not only did Paul and Santorum supporters “push” the Conservative Unity Slate, they got its delegates elected to go to the RNC.

Todd King of Lewis, Colorado is one of the elected delegates from that slate. King is a Ron Paul supporter and will vote for Paul for president on the first ballot in Tampa. I asked him how the 17 unpledged delegates break down. This is his statement.

“13 unpledged delegates, including me, will vote for Ron Paul on the first ballot. One unpledged delegate will vote for Santorum. The remaining three unpledged delegates, also known as the 'delegates at large,' are the state GOP Chairman, the state GOP National Committeman and the National Committeewoman. Those three will likely vote for Romney. They usually vote for the frontrunner so as not to make waves.” more at link
Similar successes have occurred in MO, MN, and other states so far. Paul's delegate strategy is working.
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 15:31   #2
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
Paul's delegate strategy is working.
No, its not.

A delegate strategy involves winning them in a plurality in an election. This has never happened for RP, and never will because he lacks sufficient support and is unelectable as a result.

Romney has easily 10 times the delegates. That proportion will only increase.

If RP behaves they might let him add a platform plank or speak at the convention.

Anything else is a pipe dream, no matter how many desperate posts you make otherwise.

Last edited by G29Reload; 04-16-2012 at 15:33..
G29Reload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 15:39   #3
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

It's ok G29Reload, just ignore the article and make up whatever narrative fits your preconceived notions.
Old 04-16-2012, 16:48   #4
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

So by your own count:

Romney: 13 pledged + 3 Uncommitted = 16.

Santorum: 6 pledged + 1 unpledged = 7.

Paul: 0 pledged + 13 unpledged = 13.

In other words, your own story demonstrates that Paul does not have a plurality in CO and therefore cannot use CO as support to get on the first round ballot.

Meanwhile, the hard count for Romney (including CO) is 550 delegates. Paul has 26.

The only thing "working" is the spin machine trying to keep Paul relevant.
The US Air Force has started including tax protester literature in the emergency supplies of their aircraft. If the plane crashes in a remote area, the crew is instructed to read the pamphlets and Goalie will be along shortly to rebut them.
Goaltender66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 17:00   #5
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaltender66 View Post
So by your own count:

Romney: 13 pledged + 3 Uncommitted = 16.

Santorum: 6 pledged + 1 unpledged = 7.

Paul: 0 pledged + 13 unpledged = 13.

In other words, your own story demonstrates that Paul does not have a plurality in CO and therefore cannot use CO as support to get on the first round ballot.

Meanwhile, the hard count for Romney (including CO) is 550 delegates. Paul has 26.

The only thing "working" is the spin machine trying to keep Paul relevant.
We don't plan for a first round ballot. We know that's unrealistic. We're working for a brokered convention.

Those 13 unpledged are the ones that can keep Romney from his magic number and make way for the brokered convention. Then rule 40b goes out the window. If this trend continues (yes, I recognize that some states apportion delegates differently), then Romney barely enters the convention with more delegates than Paul! That's not a winning formula for Romney no matter how you slice it. Also, what this convention also shows is that Romney can be beaten by the Paul/Santorum coalition that appears to be slowly forming. Second ballot unbinds all those delegates to vote for whoever they wish. No one said the 13 pledged to Romney are actually Romney supporters
Im reading a lot of reports of social conservatives that just can't bring themselves to support Romney now that Santo is out.
Old 04-16-2012, 17:03   #6
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Why are Ronulans so delusional?

There is absolutely no possibility that Ron Paul will ever become President.

That is a fact.

"He said he fired a burst at the chest and if they didn't fall fast enough, he fired a burst at the face. He never needed to reload and had enough on board so if he missed a shot or two he could catch up in the fight. " -Gabe Suarez, 2008
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 17:09   #7
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

Quote:
We don't plan for a first round ballot. We know that's unrealistic. We're working for a brokered convention.

Those 13 unpledged are the ones that can keep Romney from his magic number and make way for the brokered convention. Then rule 40b goes out the window. If this trend continues (yes, I recognize that some states apportion delegates differently), then Romney barely enters the convention with more delegates than Paul! That's not a winning formula for Romney no matter how you slice it. Also, what this convention also shows is that Romney can be beaten by the Paul/Santorum coalition that appears to be slowly forming. Second ballot unbinds all those delegates to vote for whoever they wish. No one said the 13 pledged to Romney are actually Romney supporters
Im reading a lot of reports of social conservatives that just can't bring themselves to support Romney now that Santo is out.
Wishing for a brokered convention is just as if not more unrealistic.

You also lost all claim to credibility when you try to sell the idea that Romney will enter the convention with barely more delegates than Paul.

So no, the goofy-tooth delegate "strategy" isn't working at all. Sorry, but those are the breaks. Paul had his chance and he failed.

Also, I'm laughing at you trying to sell the "Paul/Santorum Coalition."

ETA: you'd also better study up on your state rules. Not all states unbind delegates after the first vote....
The US Air Force has started including tax protester literature in the emergency supplies of their aircraft. If the plane crashes in a remote area, the crew is instructed to read the pamphlets and Goalie will be along shortly to rebut them.

Last edited by Goaltender66; 04-16-2012 at 17:11..
Old 04-16-2012, 17:16   #8
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

I did say that some states apportion delegates differently. It doesn't change the fact that Paul supporters are running for, and winning, delegate spots everywhere and in numbers that even you must admit is impressive. If you're as up on this stuff as you lead on then you're aware of similar successes in other parts of the country. With more to come....

For giggles, wouldn't it be a hoot if even if Romney were to hit 1144 bound that many of his own bound delegates are Paul supporters? This will be an RNC for the ages.
Old 04-16-2012, 17:23   #9
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

Quote:
I did say that some states apportion delegates differently. It doesn't change the fact that Paul supporters are running for, and winning, delegate spots everywhere and in numbers that even you must admit is impressive. If you're as up on this stuff as you lead on then you're aware of similar successes in other parts of the country. With more to come....

For giggles, wouldn't it be a hoot if even if Romney were to hit 1144 bound that many of his own bound delegates are Paul supporters? This will be an RNC for the ages.
26 delegates is impressive?!

I'm pretty up on it and that's why I'm ridiculing the "delegate strategy." They actually are not "winning everywhere."
Old 04-16-2012, 19:22   #10
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaltender66 View Post
26 delegates is impressive?!

I'm pretty up on it and that's why I'm ridiculing the "delegate strategy." They actually are not "winning everywhere."
Only a few states have selected RNC delegates so far so 26 is pretty damn good already (assuming that number is correct, I havent done the math). Don't tell me that you're buying into the AP's propaganda "delegate tracker" too?
Old 04-16-2012, 20:19   #11
Gunnut 45/454

G19G20
And when you don't get your brokered convention? Then what a third party run so Obamamoa get his second term? With RP still not getting to be POTUS? Please do tell us what if this is the case, are you willing to aid and abed the re-election of the criminal Obamamoa!!

Last edited by Gunnut 45/454; 04-16-2012 at 20:20..
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 21:04   #12
juggy4711
Nimrod Son

Paul isn't going to be the nominee because he would cost too many folks too much money and I accept that. Still won't vote for Romney.
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 23:12   #13
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
It's ok G29Reload, just ignore the article and make up whatever narrative fits your preconceived notions.
I can't be bothered reading such fantasy. Yer chewin on a wish sandwich boy. And you got another thing coming. Reality is gonna leave you with such a hangover and you will be wondering, "how could I have been such a ….?"
Old 04-16-2012, 23:15   #14
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
G19G20
And when you don't get your brokered convention? Then what a third party run so Obamamoa get his second term? With RP still not getting to be POTUS? Please do tell us what if this is the case, are you willing to aid and abed the re-election of the criminal Obamamoa!!
I can see Inauguration Day…15 mins before the swearing and he'll be posting "but Romney could drop dead of a heart attack…what will they do then? They won't have any choice but to send RP up there…it can still happen, I'm telling you!
Old 04-16-2012, 23:19   #15
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

ron paul supporters wont be happy until obama wins his second term.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:54   #16
walt cowan

Quote:
For those doubting the effectiveness of the Ron Paul delegate strategy and how that will effect the RNC.

http://communities.washingtontimes.c...ll-challenge-/

Similar successes have occurred in MO, MN, and other states so far. Paul's delegate strategy is working.
20, stop taunting the checkpants club members.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:02   #17
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

Quote:
Only a few states have selected RNC delegates so far so 26 is pretty damn good already (assuming that number is correct, I havent done the math). Don't tell me that you're buying into the AP's propaganda "delegate tracker" too?
26 isn't from the AP tracker. It's the hard count direct from the states which have already formally pledged or otherwise allocated bound delegates. The AP says 55. Using their methodology Romney has 684. I'm using the hard formal number (Romney = 550) to demonstrate that even using the formal bound number, the goofy-tooth "delegate strategy" is founded in fantasy.

As for "only a few states," that's not true either.

So when there is no brokered convention and Romney wins on the first ballot, is that when the Ronulans will start with the conspiracy theories?
Old 04-17-2012, 11:32   #18
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
I can't be bothered reading such fantasy. Yer chewin on a wish sandwich boy. And you got another thing coming. Reality is gonna leave you with such a hangover and you will be wondering, "how could I have been such a ….?"
At least you admit you live in your own constructed reality where the facts don't matter.

The rest of you are in for quite a surprise come Tampa time.

Last edited by G19G20; 04-17-2012 at 11:33..
Old 04-17-2012, 17:01   #19
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
I can see Inauguration Day…15 mins before the swearing and he'll be posting "but Romney could drop dead of a heart attack…what will they do then? They won't have any choice but to send RP up there…it can still happen, I'm telling you!
You're assuming Romney will have any official part in Inauguration Day while accusing somebody else of chewing on a wish sandwich?

What do you honestly rate Romney's chances of winning? InTrade has Obama at around 61%, up about a percentage point in the last couple of weeks. If I didn't have an aversion to trusting my money to offshore gambling companies, I'd be all over that bet (although I'd wait for a dip when the lemmings overreact to some high-profile news story). Would you be on the other side of that bet?
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:48   #20
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Here's more. Paul sweeping more delegates, this time in Minnesota.

http://www.knuj.net/2012/04/ron-paul-winning-mn/

Quote:
Mitt Romney may be the supposed frontrunner for the Republican presidential nomination – but he’s not the most popular GOP candidate in Minnesota. Texas Congressman Ron Paul swept the 3rd, 5th and 6th Congressional District conventions over the weekend. Paul landed nine of nine state delegates to the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida. Paul also won one delegate in Minnesota’s 7th District March 31st while Rick Santorum picked up two. The four remaining districts will chose their delegates and alternates this weekend.
moreatlink