Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:11   #1
uglyblackguns

G20 concealed carry holster

Ok just like the title says. I am looking for a good iwb holster for my g20. I have checked out raven concealment but don't like the wait time. Also 101 holsters so if you have any experience there let me know. They also offer a cant to the gun up to 15degrees which sounds like it would be good to help hide the bigger glock. Anyways any info is appreciated. BTW my g20 may be the most perfect gun and hpr 180 gr jhp really shoot well with it ymmv.

I've tried to search the forums but haven't found anything.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
uglyblackguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 15:23   #2
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyblackguns View Post
Ok just like the title says. I am looking for a good iwb holster for my g20. I have checked out raven concealment but don't like the wait time. Also 101 holsters so if you have any experience there let me know. They also offer a cant to the gun up to 15degrees which sounds like it would be good to help hide the bigger glock. Anyways any info is appreciated. BTW my g20 may be the most perfect gun and hpr 180 gr jhp really shoot well with it ymmv.

I've tried to search the forums but haven't found anything.

I've used a Comp-Tac CTAC IWB with a G20 before and liked it.....
...but the BEST suggestion I have for you is the Crossbreed Supertuck IWB..... And, while I've no firsthand knowledge with a G20, per se (I'm using a Crossbreed Minituck for my Keltec PF9), it IS awesome.

I'm sure you've heard a million people on the internet say how awesome CB holsters are.... I, myself, was always annoyed from hearing it so much.... but they are, in fact, awesome, and super comfy. Mind you, they are the ugliest holster known to man. But once you use it, you won't care. Hell, its a holster. Its hidden, anyways.
10 Ring #1033 - Longslide #1045 - 10mm Loader #1066

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Why do I carry a 10mm?
“Because a 9mm only kills your body… the 10mm kills your soul.”

Last edited by nickE10mm; 04-17-2012 at 15:24..
nickE10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 17:26   #3
DRJ1911

I carry my G30 in Adams Leather pancake and IWB. I can highly recommend them.

Doyle
DRJ1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 17:41   #4
Meathead9

I have tried just about every kind of IWB holster on the market (Milt Sparks VM2, High Noon Public Secret, CompTac MTAC, CompTac Infidel, Crossbreed Supertuck, Cobra X2). The only one I still have is the CompTac MTAC. For me it's a toss up between MTAC, Crossbreed Supertuck & Theis Holsters. The 2 spaced out belt clips really help distribute the mass & weight of the G20. I chose the MTAC because it completely shrouds the muzzle, and you can change out kydex bodies to carry different guns.

I can easily hide a G20/21 in my MTAC under a normal size T-shirt, in the 4:30-5:00 position. The MTAC brings the gun so much more tight to the body than an OWB holster does for me. I don't wear "cover garments", so OWB isn't an option for me. I can definitely see how it would be more comfortable though.

Last edited by Meathead9; 04-17-2012 at 18:29..
Meathead9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 18:07   #5
cookand
War Eagle!!

Not to hijack, but can y'all include OWB holster suggestions for daily carry?
Old 04-17-2012, 18:15   #6
purrrfect 10

I have said it before so I will say it again...I don't get the IWB at all. I carry OWB Soooo much more comfortable and the difference between the two is so little if you are wearing a cover shirt anyway. I love my Hunter Pro ride. I carry working on the farm I don't have to worry bumping it and it falling out.

* Perfect cant
* Wide leather loop on the back makes the holster just the right size, Allow the pistol to pivot slightly when you sit down is perfect
* Metal plate Thumb retention is super fast
* Full Leather protects the gun/slide completely
* Comfortable all day don't know it is there

NO way am I going to cram a G20 in my jeans NO way am I going to buy pants two sizes to big Nope ain't gonna happen NEVER on any gun I carry

G 20 OWB All the way
I'm in the best condition I possibly can be ~ being in this condition...

Last edited by purrrfect 10; 04-17-2012 at 18:15..
purrrfect 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 18:20   #7
ScottieG59

I have a couple IWB holsters for my Glock 20, but they are not the best. I was looking to buy a Galco Summer Comfort, but the place I found was out of stock. It works fine with my Glock 27 and stays put. The G20 would be a great carry gun with the right holster. As far as I can tell, the Glock 21 uses the same size holster. If you add a rail mounted laser and/or much taller sights, that severely narrows the limited options.
ScottieG59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 16:58   #8
MercuryHayze

Send a message via AIM to MercuryHayze
Kramer gunleather. Excellent grip angel, makes the 20 almost as easy the conceal as the 19. . .

"hope lies in the smoldering rubbel of empire"
MercuryHayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 18:25   #9
dpadams6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryHayze View Post
Kramer gunleather. Excellent grip angel, makes the 20 almost as easy the conceal as the 19. . .
Yes. Kramers is top notch in both cow and horsehide leather. They are all I carry.
dpadams6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 18:27   #10
dpadams6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryHayze View Post
Can you post a picture of your Kramer holster? Was thinking about getting one myself for my 20 but figured might be too big.
dpadams6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 18:47   #11
Atomic Punk

i have been carrying my g20c in an m-tac every day for about 4 years. very adjustable, very comfortable, most of the time. its not always the best when im driving. but my cars are usually tiny things with bucket seats. big truck i used to have with it was much better.
Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 19:05   #12
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

I like the MTAC. Very versatile holster.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 19:33   #13
uglyblackguns

Thanks for the info everyone. Looks like I got some "testing" to do to find a holster that fits me. Now I just gotta make the wife understand that one holster is not enough

uglyblackguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 20:57   #14
blasterak

I conceal carry my G20sf with a Theis IWB holster, actually wearing it right now. Very comfortable holster and conceals good for a gun of this size.
blasterak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 21:28   #15
Ford302Glock21
Chrome Horsie

Send a message via AIM to Ford302Glock21 Send a message via Yahoo to Ford302Glock21

Everyone is different. If you are riding a tractor owb would be great but walking around in a heavily populated city you are up close and personal with tons of people and quite possibly law enforcement at malls,banks, etc. I would only owb under a jacket or somethin.

I have not tried everything out there but have been happy for years with comp tac holsters. Started out with and still use the ctac model. I have the full size glock holster that takes g20/g21 as well as 29/30. I can carry any of those models no problem but the large grip doesn't make it comfortable when sitting especially in the car. The 30/29 is much better in that role. I also have an mtac hybrid for the 1911 but its bulkier.

I have one cheapie single clip leather iwb that is quick and easy to utilize by I highly prefer the kydex because it does not have any friction going in or out and is easy to reholster because it keeps its shape. Search the gt classifieds holster section and you can find plenty of good deals. I just bought a ctac for my new 19 the other day barely used from the classifieds and should arrive this week.

Ford302Glock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 21:45   #16
Opie 1 Kenopie
Regular Guy

Another vote for the Crossbreed Supertuck. No experience with the other similar rigs, but my G21 and 30 all but disappear using this setup. Ive been hearing a LOT of good things about the Black Mamba made by Concealment Solutions too. Take a look at their stuff on YouTube. Good to see folks packing BIG fighting guns around town.

Be safe.

Last edited by Opie 1 Kenopie; 04-18-2012 at 21:45..
Opie 1 Kenopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 22:31   #17
Taterhead
Counting Beans

I have have good results with a Shielded Holster Double Phalanx IWB. It is basically a CB Supertuck knock-off. Not the exquisite quality of the CB, but completely functional. $50 delivered. Quick delivery.

It is pretty comfy. Cant is adjustable. The G20 is big, so dressing appropriately is still part of the deal. I can wear it all day and hardly notice it - even in the car.

Here is a thread by Kwart, the owner of Shielded Holsters. A lot of good info and reviews here:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1194122
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:05   #18
21Brutus

Lots of good, true info here...I use a Crossbreed for my 20, 21sf, and 30. Each fits perfect, the weight is distributed well, and it holds the pistols in close to my side. Now, if I could just find some pants with a little bit more room.....
Old 04-19-2012, 11:48   #19
whitebread
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Crossbreed SuperTuck works exceptionally well for me. I really like their products.
whitebread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 18:43   #20
blastfact

I have Nicks holster for my PF-9 also. Thus it's truly concealed. There is no way I could carry my G20 completely concealed. I don't care what you do a hog leg will print. You will walk funny and have a deformed body area.

Can't wait to see if we get open carry here.
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote