Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-20-2012, 22:35   #61
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
Are you saying that you know all there is to know about: stars, star births, star deaths, and, 'black holes'?
No, I don't know all there is to know, but then I don't need to. I do know that stars fail, that's all that is needed to refute the claim in the passage you quote.
Quote:
You remind me of a Pharisee asking for a mircle. Even if I knew the answer to your question I would be loath to tell you because I'm positive you wouldn't believe me, anyway. Some people are born to just, 'doubt themselves to death'. I've long thought that you are one of them.
That seems oddly convenient. Are you admitting you don't have an answer or claiming you do have an answer but don't want to share it because you're opposed to enlightening others?
Old 04-21-2012, 19:40   #62
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post
The basic truths of the Bible are easy enough for a child to understand. Are you able to understand the following Example?

3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
3:18 He that believes on him is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
3:20 For every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Now do you understand? It is the heart of man that wants to turn every direction but to the light with all sorts of weird interpretations.
Do you understand the meaning of "example"? While you might like these verses, they aren't an example of anything. What point are you trying to make?

This may be an answer to something but it does not answer the question. Why can't God write a clear consistent explanation of what he expects. What does "believing in his name" mean? If that's all you need to do why did Jesus tell the rich young ruler to sell everything he had and give it to the poor if he wanted to get to Heaven? Do you also need to repent for your sins? Do you have to accept the all encompassing New Testament definition of sin? Do 14 year old boys have to do penance every time they lust in their hearts? Why does the Bible say"lust in your heart"? Shouldn't God know that lust is in the brain and all the heart does is pump blood?

I could go on like this for a long time but the point is, logically and rationally your God falls short in so many areas and you haven't even began to offer an explanation for that. I realize you're supposed to become as a child. That means don't think like an adult. That is not an answer.

Leona Helmsley

Last edited by muscogee; 04-21-2012 at 20:07..
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:00   #63
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

We in society who are believers or non believers who think the earth is the "only" planet in the vastness of the galaxies that has intelligent life are arrogent to believe so.

Last edited by TangoFoxtrot; 04-22-2012 at 08:02..
TangoFoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:33   #64
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Do you understand the meaning of "example"? While you might like these verses, they aren't an example of anything. What point are you trying to make?

This may be an answer to something but it does not answer the question. Why can't God write a clear consistent explanation of what he expects. What does "believing in his name" mean? If that's all you need to do why did Jesus tell the rich young ruler to sell everything he had and give it to the poor if he wanted to get to Heaven? Do you also need to repent for your sins? Do you have to accept the all encompassing New Testament definition of sin? Do 14 year old boys have to do penance every time they lust in their hearts? Why does the Bible say"lust in your heart"? Shouldn't God know that lust is in the brain and all the heart does is pump blood?

I could go on like this for a long time but the point is, logically and rationally your God falls short in so many areas and you haven't even began to offer an explanation for that. I realize you're supposed to become as a child. That means don't think like an adult. That is not an answer.
Yes, you could go on like that. Doesn't prove you are authoritative enough to judge God.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:17   #65
muscogee

Quote:
Yes, you could go on like that. Doesn't prove you are authoritative enough to judge God.
So do you have an answer to,
Quote:
Why can't God write a clear consistent explanation of what he expects.

Leona Helmsley
Old 04-22-2012, 20:58   #66
Vic Hays

Quote:
So do you have an answer to,
He has provided it in His Word. How is your reading comprehension?

Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
10:35 But in every nation he that fears him, and works righteousness, is accepted with him.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Old 04-22-2012, 21:05   #67
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Then why are there hundreds of denominations of Christiamity? Do all the others lack the reading comprehension of the Seventh Day Adventists?

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:35   #68
muscogee

Quote:

Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
10:35 But in every nation he that fears him, and works righteousness, is accepted with him.
My reading comprehension is excellent and I have the credentials to prove it. Your ability to answer a question is less than excellent. You appear to just throw out any scripture that's on you mind at the moment and say that's the answer. But it never is. Your answers are frequently non sequiturs. Those answers only when preaching to the choir.

Would you like to quit dodging the issue and hiding behind indecipherable scriptures? Why is so much of the Bible gibberish? Does one have to be a Gnostic to understand it?

Leona Helmsley
Old 04-23-2012, 12:56   #69
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
Then why are there hundreds of denominations of Christiamity? Do all the others lack the reading comprehension of the Seventh Day Adventists?

-ArtificialGrape
Men see what they want to see.

Spiritual eye salve is necessary for those who think they are rich (wise in their own eyes).

Revelation 3:18 I counsel you to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that you may be rich; and white raiment, that you may be clothed, and that the shame of your nakedness do not appear; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.
3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:59   #70
Vic Hays

Quote:
My reading comprehension is excellent and I have the credentials to prove it. Your ability to answer a question is less than excellent. You appear to just throw out any scripture that's on you mind at the moment and say that's the answer. But it never is. Your answers are frequently non sequiturs. Those answers only when preaching to the choir.

Would you like to quit dodging the issue and hiding behind indecipherable scriptures? Why is so much of the Bible gibberish? Does one have to be a Gnostic to understand it?
It was only a few words. Are they gibberish to you? You asked what God required of you. Did God ask something difficult for you?

Micah Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Last edited by Vic Hays; 04-23-2012 at 13:00..
Old 04-23-2012, 13:16   #71
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Did you miss my answer?

The basic truths of the Bible are easy enough for a child to understand. Are you able to understand the following Example?

3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
3:18 He that believes on him is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
3:20 For every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Now do you understand? It is the heart of man that wants to turn every direction but to the light with all sorts of weird interpretations.
Miss it? No, I dismissed it as irrelevant ramblings full of bible verses as I do so many of your "answers".

The hearts of men turn away from the light with weird interpretations? Yeah. Finding out that the stars are actually suns like our own instead of a blanket with holes poked in it is such a weird interpretation.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 14:43   #72
muscogee

Quote:
It was only a few words. Are they gibberish to you? You asked what God required of you. Did God ask something difficult for you?

Micah Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
God didn't communicate with me in any way.

Leona Helmsley
Old 04-23-2012, 17:50   #73
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:

Spiritual eye salve is necessary for those who think they are rich (wise in their own eyes).
So you're able (willing) to see the truth, but those that see things differently from you are: seeing what they want to see; wrongfully think that they are wise; and, are in need of "spiritual eye salve"?

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:09   #74

Quote:

Revelation 3:18 I counsel you to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that you may be rich; and white raiment, that you may be clothed, and that the shame of your nakedness do not appear; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.
3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Vic let me ask you this again: So, if I share particular adventist christian beliefs, and ignore all other christian teachings that you all don't agree with, will I somehow be saved in the time of trouble and able to fight spiritual enemies, is that right? Your version of christianity is right and all others are wrong, is that right?

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:13   #75
void *
Dereference Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
why would God wast his time making more people in his likeness on other planets if he already has us?
This made me giggle a little. The idea that a mortal could know what motivation a deity had, the metaphorical assumption that such a deity would be bound by time, that a mortal could even think of all reasons and exclude them, etc.

I suppose mortals could think of a couple, though. I mean, I suppose it's possible, if this deity actually exists, that there are multiple beings created "in His image", and it's all some sort of grand experiment, with different species being told different things (which may or may not be true).
"The human mind is seldom satisfied, and is not justifiable by any natural process whatsoever, as regards geometry, our universe differs only slightly from a long-term, bi-directional, single trait selection experiment." -- Maxwell/Einstein/Johansson
void * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 23:30   #76
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
Vic let me ask you this again: So, if I share particular adventist christian beliefs, and ignore all other christian teachings that you all don't agree with, will I somehow be saved in the time of trouble and able to fight spiritual enemies, is that right? Your version of christianity is right and all others are wrong, is that right?
Are you planning on following Jesus the Word or are you going to experiment with sin and see how little you can do or believe to be saved? The fence belongs to satan as well.