GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 20:17   #1
Smacktard
Senior Member
 
Smacktard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,167


The new world

The times are changing.





....
__________________
Did I mention there are at least 7 billion opinions on earth, of which yours is only one?

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."
- Joseph Goebbels, Minister of Propaganda in Nazi Germany.
Smacktard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:56   #2
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
1 Peter 5:8-9, " 8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings."
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:56   #3
Tilley
Man of Steel
 
Tilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 3,161
Smackie, we are heading towards some really evil times. Man prefers the darkness because his deeds are evil. When we were kids we didnt have exposure to the evil acts that our kids are now exposed to on TV and the Internet.

The family unit has for the most part, been destroyed. Kids are growing up without parents in the home, and most lifestyles are very accepting of varying degrees of immorality. These kids grow up to be broken.

Sexual immorality is crazy rampant, and homosexuality is now a new race of people.

Obama is forcing the Catholic Church to supply condoms and abortion pills.

There is a hatred shown towards God and followers of Christ. Two Korans accidentally get tossed in the fire and 20 people are murdered. Obama reacts by apologizing. Dozens of Christians are murdered in Iran for not converting to Islam, and The White House is silent.

I am a Centurian and I am grateful for the blessings God has afforded me and my wife. I live one day at a time and look for the good in people. I see a lot of really good people and I do my best to keep them safe.

I don't know if what I do makes a difference to anyone. All I can do is be the best I can be, stay positive, and try not to be too hard on myself when I fall short.

I am a son of the living God.
Tilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:38   #4
Roering
Sorting nuts
 
Roering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,758
There is nothing new under the Sun.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Warranty voiding

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie
Roering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:45   #5
creaky
Pamwe Chete
 
creaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Orion Spur
Posts: 3,222
Not really news...

As written by St. Paul the Apostle in his second letter to the Thessalonians:

2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ[a] had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin[b] is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God[c] in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Tell us something we don't know, Smacktard.
__________________
Remember citizens: Across the federation, experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, and C: He wants us to win.
creaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:46   #6
creaky
Pamwe Chete
 
creaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Orion Spur
Posts: 3,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilley View Post
Smackie, we are heading towards some really evil times. Man prefers the darkness because his deeds are evil. When we were kids we didnt have exposure to the evil acts that our kids are now exposed to on TV and the Internet.

The family unit has for the most part, been destroyed. Kids are growing up without parents in the home, and most lifestyles are very accepting of varying degrees of immorality. These kids grow up to be broken.

Sexual immorality is crazy rampant, and homosexuality is now a new race of people.

Obama is forcing the Catholic Church to supply condoms and abortion pills.

There is a hatred shown towards God and followers of Christ. Two Korans accidentally get tossed in the fire and 20 people are murdered. Obama reacts by apologizing. Dozens of Christians are murdered in Iran for not converting to Islam, and The White House is silent.

I am a Centurian and I am grateful for the blessings God has afforded me and my wife. I live one day at a time and look for the good in people. I see a lot of really good people and I do my best to keep them safe.

I don't know if what I do makes a difference to anyone. All I can do is be the best I can be, stay positive, and try not to be too hard on myself when I fall short.

I am a son of the living God.
On all that, Tilley.
__________________
Remember citizens: Across the federation, experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, and C: He wants us to win.
creaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:06   #7
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member
 
ArtificialGrape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,957
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilley View Post
I am a Centurian
I had no idea you were that old -- that may explain a few things.
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:29   #8
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 15,443


Quote:
Originally Posted by Smacktard View Post
The times are changing.
Ever so slowly, we are clawing our way out of the dark ages...
__________________
Peace is our profession, war is just a hobby...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Geko45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 13:44   #9
Roering
Sorting nuts
 
Roering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Ever so slowly, we are clawing our way out of the dark ages...
by embracing Epicureanism? I don't think so.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Warranty voiding

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie
Roering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 15:07   #10
Tilley
Man of Steel
 
Tilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 3,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
I had no idea you were that old -- that may explain a few things.
Butthead...
Tilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 15:07   #11
Tilley
Man of Steel
 
Tilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 3,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by creaky View Post
On all that, Tilley.
Thanks.
Tilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 20:13   #12
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Twenty percent Texas don't believe. Someone must be listening.

No Tilly, the world is not coming to an end. The family is not disintegrating. My children all live a few miles from me. I see them all the time. This weekend my wife of 35 years, our children, our grandchildren, and I are going to the Sand Fest. I took my granddaughter to the doctor today and she stayed with me until her mother got home from work. This is typical of my lifestyle. Does that sound like a disintegrating family? The world is changing for the better.
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:30   #13
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by creaky View Post
As written by St. Paul the Apostle in his second letter to the Thessalonians:

2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ[a] had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin[b] is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God[c] in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Tell us something we don't know, Smacktard.
All this demonstrates is that Christians have been predicting the end since the very beginning. How many Great Apostasys have there been so far?
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 21:18   #14
Tilley
Man of Steel
 
Tilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 3,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
No Tilly, the world is not coming to an end. The family is not disintegrating. My children all live a few miles from me. I see them all the time. This weekend my wife of 35 years, our children, our grandchildren, and I are going to the Sand Fest. I took my granddaughter to the doctor today and she stayed with me until her mother got home from work. This is typical of my lifestyle. Does that sound like a disintegrating family? The world is changing for the better.
I meant the world...society. I'm glad your family is squared away, but the world is much larger than you.
Tilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 21:20   #15
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 15,443


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilley View Post
I meant the world...society. I'm glad your family is squared away, but the world is much larger than you.
No, we aren't approaching TEOTWAWKI either.

__________________
Peace is our profession, war is just a hobby...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Geko45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 21:40   #16
Tilley
Man of Steel
 
Tilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 3,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
No, we aren't approaching TEOTWAWKI either.

Huh?
Tilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:39   #17
Guss
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tampa
Posts: 2,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roering View Post
by embracing Epicureanism? I don't think so.
Epicurus would probably be shocked that his name became associated with indulgence. He lived a modest lifestyle.
Guss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:05   #18
GreenDrake
Rip Lips
 
GreenDrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Idaho
Posts: 7,803
It's sad that believers have such a doom and gloom perspective. Religion wrecks people and turns them into bible quoting doomsdayers who think their religion is the only true religion and all the others are wrong. Thankfully the world is healing from the religiots.
__________________
"Can you FLY, Bobby?"
P229 EDC
GreenDrake is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 21:22.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,217
365 Members
852 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31