SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-18-2012, 20:17   #1
Smacktard

The new world

The times are changing.

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."
- Joseph Goebbels, Minister of Propaganda in Nazi Germany.
Smacktard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:56   #2
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

1 Peter 5:8-9, " 8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings."
Old 04-19-2012, 10:56   #3
Tilley
Man of Steel

Smackie, we are heading towards some really evil times. Man prefers the darkness because his deeds are evil. When we were kids we didnt have exposure to the evil acts that our kids are now exposed to on TV and the Internet.

The family unit has for the most part, been destroyed. Kids are growing up without parents in the home, and most lifestyles are very accepting of varying degrees of immorality. These kids grow up to be broken.

Sexual immorality is crazy rampant, and homosexuality is now a new race of people.

Obama is forcing the Catholic Church to supply condoms and abortion pills.

There is a hatred shown towards God and followers of Christ. Two Korans accidentally get tossed in the fire and 20 people are murdered. Obama reacts by apologizing. Dozens of Christians are murdered in Iran for not converting to Islam, and The White House is silent.

I am a Centurian and I am grateful for the blessings God has afforded me and my wife. I live one day at a time and look for the good in people. I see a lot of really good people and I do my best to keep them safe.

I don't know if what I do makes a difference to anyone. All I can do is be the best I can be, stay positive, and try not to be too hard on myself when I fall short.

I am a son of the living God.
Tilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:38   #4
Roering
Sorting nuts

There is nothing new under the Sun.

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie
Roering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:45   #5
creaky
Pamwe Chete

Not really news...

As written by St. Paul the Apostle in his second letter to the Thessalonians:

2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ[a] had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin[b] is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God[c] in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Tell us something we don't know, Smacktard.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:46   #6
creaky
Pamwe Chete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilley View Post
Smackie, we are heading towards some really evil times. Man prefers the darkness because his deeds are evil. When we were kids we didnt have exposure to the evil acts that our kids are now exposed to on TV and the Internet.

The family unit has for the most part, been destroyed. Kids are growing up without parents in the home, and most lifestyles are very accepting of varying degrees of immorality. These kids grow up to be broken.

Sexual immorality is crazy rampant, and homosexuality is now a new race of people.

Obama is forcing the Catholic Church to supply condoms and abortion pills.

There is a hatred shown towards God and followers of Christ. Two Korans accidentally get tossed in the fire and 20 people are murdered. Obama reacts by apologizing. Dozens of Christians are murdered in Iran for not converting to Islam, and The White House is silent.

I am a Centurian and I am grateful for the blessings God has afforded me and my wife. I live one day at a time and look for the good in people. I see a lot of really good people and I do my best to keep them safe.

I don't know if what I do makes a difference to anyone. All I can do is be the best I can be, stay positive, and try not to be too hard on myself when I fall short.

I am a son of the living God.
On all that, Tilley.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:06   #7
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
I am a Centurian
I had no idea you were that old -- that may explain a few things.
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:29   #8
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smacktard View Post
The times are changing.
Ever so slowly, we are clawing our way out of the dark ages...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Geko45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 13:44   #9
Roering
Sorting nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Ever so slowly, we are clawing our way out of the dark ages...
by embracing Epicureanism? I don't think so.

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie
Roering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 15:07   #10
Tilley
Man of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
I had no idea you were that old -- that may explain a few things.
Butthead...
Old 04-19-2012, 15:07   #11
Tilley
Man of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaky View Post
On all that, Tilley.
Thanks.
Old 04-19-2012, 20:13   #12
muscogee

Twenty percent Texas don't believe. Someone must be listening.

No Tilly, the world is not coming to an end. The family is not disintegrating. My children all live a few miles from me. I see them all the time. This weekend my wife of 35 years, our children, our grandchildren, and I are going to the Sand Fest. I took my granddaughter to the doctor today and she stayed with me until her mother got home from work. This is typical of my lifestyle. Does that sound like a disintegrating family? The world is changing for the better.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:30   #13
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaky View Post
As written by St. Paul the Apostle in his second letter to the Thessalonians:

2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ[a] had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin[b] is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God[c] in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Tell us something we don't know, Smacktard.
All this demonstrates is that Christians have been predicting the end since the very beginning. How many Great Apostasys have there been so far?
Old 04-20-2012, 21:18   #14
Tilley
Man of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
No Tilly, the world is not coming to an end. The family is not disintegrating. My children all live a few miles from me. I see them all the time. This weekend my wife of 35 years, our children, our grandchildren, and I are going to the Sand Fest. I took my granddaughter to the doctor today and she stayed with me until her mother got home from work. This is typical of my lifestyle. Does that sound like a disintegrating family? The world is changing for the better.
I meant the world...society. I'm glad your family is squared away, but the world is much larger than you.
Old 04-20-2012, 21:20   #15
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
I meant the world...society. I'm glad your family is squared away, but the world is much larger than you.
No, we aren't approaching TEOTWAWKI either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Geko45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 21:40   #16
Tilley
Man of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
No, we aren't approaching TEOTWAWKI either.

Huh?
Old 04-21-2012, 04:39   #17
Guss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roering View Post
by embracing Epicureanism? I don't think so.
Epicurus would probably be shocked that his name became associated with indulgence. He lived a modest lifestyle.
Guss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:05   #18
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

It's sad that believers have such a doom and gloom perspective. Religion wrecks people and turns them into bible quoting doomsdayers who think their religion is the only true religion and all the others are wrong. Thankfully the world is healing from the religiots.