Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-20-2012, 22:26   #1
fendertele87

RIA Magazines

I was in a local gun shop today looking at there RIA's and a couple of them had some different mags in them. When sliding a couple of them in it seemed kinda tuff, instead of just poping in like most should. Would this be just a cheap magazine or the gun?
fendertele87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:39   #2
Wetrudgeon

In our experience, any issues with our RIA's have been associated withthe mags rather than the pistols. Our first RIA had a couple of bobbles in the first 100 rounds. We set aside the factory mag and began using Wilson 47D mags exclusively. All issues ceased. When we bought our second RIA, we purchased more Wilson 47D's. There have been no reliability issues with either pistol since. Wilson 47D mags now feed all our 1911A1 pistols. We consider them the best.

We trudge on.
Wetrudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:16   #3
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

my RIAs needed to have a properly fitted mag catch installed before they would run reliably with the stock mags. nose dive jams due to the sloppy fitted mag catch allowing the magazine (several different mags) to have too much up and down play......

as stated above, Wilson mags are top of the line and will resolve most feed problems.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:45   #4
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Some of these Filipino guns seem to come with ACT mags. I see lots of RIAs with ACT mags. The ATI pistols also come with ACT mags.

Some people reported that the Filipino guns don't like ACT mags and have suffered mag induced malfunctions. My Colts and Springfields love the ACT mags. Knock on wood, the ATI didn't have issues with the ACT mags either but I only shot about 300-rounds through it before giving it away.
Old 04-21-2012, 19:08   #5
40 0'Glock

I have a Spartan that doesn't like ACT mags. I run Wilson 47D's with no problems.
40 0'Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 20:25   #6
sna0403

I haven't tried them yet, but everywhere I've read about mags, Wilson 47Ds seem to be the goto. My 4" Rock loves the ACT mags. I carry three of them. That said, my "used" Rock is apparently abnormal-I've had none of the problems usually associated with lower priced 1911s. The more I shoot it the more I think I got really lucky.
sna0403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 22:03   #7
TN.Frank
Mad Hatter

My ATI came with a ACT mag and 3 stainless Colt(aka CheckMate)mags. Didn't even bother with the ACT because of all the bad reports I'd read about them. The 8 round Colt mags with the CMF(CheckMate Follower) ran like a charm. Made the mistake of selling them after I bought 5 Metalform mags, all of which had weak springs.. Sent them back and bought 3, 7 round CheckMate mags with Hybrid feed lips and the CMF and they're running like a champ. At $17 bucks a mag I've found the ones my gun likes and they don't break the bank.
Old 04-30-2012, 23:22   #8
TSAX
USAF Vet

The RIA's are pretty good especially for the price. For mags Id go with Wilson 47D or 47T or Chip Power 10's. Most everyone I have known to own a RIA have bought some other mag and chucked/thrown away/gave away

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

GSSF Member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NRA Member
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote