Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 09:16   #21
cphilip

While I love a guy who says what he thinks as much as the next guy, Ted does not exactly fit the main stream. Great for him but... he has more skeletons in his closet as than anyone I want representing me anymore. He can talk all he wants buts I am not for providing him a open platform. He needs to tighten up his own act before he mouths off about stuff. Ted, I love ya man but... sheesh your making it hard to defend you sometimes.

Last edited by cphilip; 04-22-2012 at 09:20..
Old 04-22-2012, 09:18   #22
panzer1
NRA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongix View Post
I do believe he needs to go . But the NRA is happy to have a guy around who can twist the laws to his liking. Anyway he paid the fine and he got more money even to his grave. He got publicity be it bad or good. THe man is a maverick bearing the logo of NRA. Im glad i wasnt a member of this organiization only once did i send $25 in 1996.
Really then give up your guns then!! Because if it was not for the NRA you & I would not have any! Wake up!
Old 04-22-2012, 09:22   #23
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

The guy admittd to poaching, a crime. If any gt member came on here and said "hey i went poaching it was sweet" wed all shun them and call them an idiot but since its nugent everbody wants to support him?
Old 04-22-2012, 09:29   #24
itstime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbutenhoff View Post
+1!

If we don't stand behind our outspoken champions of the cause soon no one will stand up at all...
Hear hear.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:42   #25
tongix

He gambled and knew all along he committed a game violation . Alaska is very strict in their game laws like Calfornia. They guard our last frontier wildlife. Im glad they went with it no matter who you are, everyone must follow the rules of the game. Ted, time for you to be ashame and follow like anyone else. Being in the NRA boards is not a passport for game violation.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:46   #26
G36's Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnjollyRoger View Post
The NRA is too compromising now, they want "cooperation" with the government instead of actually fighting for your rights like they used to.

I won't send them my money, let alone an email about one of their members.
derp!
Old 04-22-2012, 09:53   #27
El_Ron1
AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

Quote:
Get Nugent off the NRA Board
Boo hoo...

Political Issues
Old 04-22-2012, 09:55   #28
Zell
IrregularMember

Keep Ted. The NRA leadersip is too stuffy and needs someone who lightens things up a bit from time to time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:56   #29
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Those "close minded dolts" are voting more and more anti-gun politicians into office every year.

A smart gun owner would be very interested in what they think.
Says the guy voting for Mittens.

When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Old 04-22-2012, 10:00   #30
G36's Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post
The guy admittd to poaching, a crime. If any gt member came on here and said "hey i went poaching it was sweet" wed all shun them and call them an idiot but since its nugent everbody wants to support him?
Meh, more drama...

Nugent shot at a bear and "touched" it with an arrow. The bear wasn't mortally wounded, but according to a new law, if your arrow even touches the animal it is now part of your bag limit. Nugent was not aware of the changed law.

Stupid law, but Nugent would have never even been looked at if he hadn't put the footage on his show. That tells me he didn't know it was illegal to shoot the second bear and transport it.

No excuse and he is owning up to it. Some of you are so fair weather I would hate to have you on a jury. Just blow whichever way the wind goes...

But I'm pretty sure that most that are barking about this don't hunt anyway, and have never dealt with the obscurity of game laws.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:07   #31
tongix

Im sure Alaska officials would have given him a warning or pass but it s on video. He has shown it on public audience. If they let it go, they be hypocritical. Others follow the rules and everyone should be. They have no recourse but to take action. Ted is no exception, just unlucky. Bad timing and bad action and bad ending.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:14   #32
Rinspeed
JAFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtBaldy View Post
Email sent supporting "Uncle Ted". Thanks for the heads up.

Ditto.

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Old 04-22-2012, 10:20   #33
SPIN2010
Searching ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post
Agreed. If I remember correctly It was Mr. Nugent that said:

What is it about illegal that you do not understand?

Since he has now admitted and attained that illegal position, how can he speak on anything legal again?
Old 04-22-2012, 10:28   #34
rhikdavis
U.S. Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to rhikdavis Send a message via Skype™ to rhikdavis
Quote:
Originally Posted by G36's Rule View Post
Nugent was not aware of the changed law.
I like Nuge, but that's a piss poor excuse that doesn't carry any weight.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:29   #35
mrdinks

I am a union man and pay my dues. Every once in a while we have a person who wants the benefits the union offers but are to cheap to pay the dues. We call that person a scab.
If you own a gun and enjoy your Second Amendment freedom you should not be bad mouthing the NRA.
I am a life member and proud of it.
We fight every day to protect our freedoms and if it was not for the NRA I guarantee you we would have none.
Sent from Heaven using Tapatalk 2
Professional Firefighter IAFF Local 11
Locksmith
Old 04-22-2012, 10:30   #36
bmoore

Quote:
The NRA is too compromising now, they want "cooperation" with the government instead of actually fighting for your rights like they used to.

I won't send them my money, let alone an email about one of their members.
Oh geez, anything to justify not parting with like 30 bucks a year huh guy? Do us a favor and sell your guns, we dont need anymore freeloaders riding our coattails.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:33   #37
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
The supporters of "Uncle Ted" need to step back and take a look at how he's being viewed by the non-shooting public. They say perception is reality! If that's true then Ted Nugent must go. He's doing more harm than good to our cause.

You say you don't care what the non-shooting public thinks and you have a God given right to own a gun, but just remember it's the non-shooting public that's voting all these anti-gun politicians into office.

We must win the non-shooting public's confidence and support if we are to keep our firearms in this country. Big mouth Ted Nugent is doing nothing to help us fight the battles that matter most.
Yes, that's pretty clear thinking. I guess you realize that you're going to have to be in the minority, now - Right!

Quote:
The NRA is too compromising now. They want, "cooperation" with the government instead of actually fighting for your rights like they used to. I won't send them my money, let alone an email about one of their members.
If I were, say, a really smart filthy rich international financier, first thing I'd do is buy myself the leadership of some dufus gun owners' organization like the NRA. I mean, think of the possibilities! You could lead a bunch of gullible naive and unsuspecting, 'gun bozos' around all day long as if they had rings in their noses! America's gun owners would already be beaten at their own game; and they wouldn't even realize it! (But I would only do something like this IF I were a really smart filthy rich international financier - OK.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
only the close minded dolts who wouldnt go shooting anyway would "judge" the rest of the NRA or gun owners this way.

the ones "on the fence" if they really are "on the fence" have enough sense to know you cant judge an entire segment of the population by its leader, hell look at obama!
The American people didn't elect Barak Obama as President of the United States - The anachronistic Electoral College, 'gifted' us with Obama's presence.

Quote:
Those "close minded dolts" are voting more and more anti-gun politicians into office every year. A smart gun owner would be very interested in what they think.
Which is one of the main reasons, 'Why' we should all be very careful about wiping other people's face with our own ill-conceived open carry sentiments. The only thing the vast majority of people are going to see is a MAN WITH A GUN, and not a patriot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
those close minded dolts dont care what anybody else thinks. you could slap them in the face with the bible of gun rights and they wouldnt care.
Like it or not other people with whom you disagree aren't, 'dolts'. They're your fellow citizens with thoughts and opinions of their own. Showing the, 'commuter dads' and, 'soccer moms' a little more consideration and respect might just garner more support for our own position, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray9898 View Post
Nothing new....gun owners have been their own worst enemy for a long time. Many are portraying themself in a way that really turns everyone else off. Latching onto a poacher who is now making wild vieled threats about the upcoming election is not surprising.
And you, Sir, are a wise man!

(Is life really as lonely at the top as they say?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongix View Post
I do believe he needs to go . But the NRA is happy to have a guy around who can twist the laws to his liking. Anyway he paid the fine and he got more money even to his grave. He got publicity be it bad or good. THe man is a maverick bearing the logo of NRA. Im glad i wasnt a member of this organiization only once did i send $25 in 1996.
I wish I could say that; but the truth is I've belonged to far too many gun clubs during my life, and was forced to join the NRA at an early age. (Then along came the 1977, 'Cincinnati Revolt'; and I quickly discovered what a stupid stupid mistake I'd made!)
Old 04-22-2012, 10:39   #38
voyager4520
-----

He goes a little overboard sometimes but I'd rather he stay on the NRA board. Anyone who would be dissuaded by his comments is likely already anti-gun and words aren't going to change their mind anyway.

Many causes often defeat themselves by giving in to political correctness.

Last edited by voyager4520; 04-22-2012 at 10:46..
Old 04-22-2012, 10:53   #39
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtBaldy View Post
Email sent supporting "Uncle Ted". Thanks for the heads up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoagland View Post
Ditto!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58duck View Post
when Ted Nugent leaves the NRA . . . so do I
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbutenhoff View Post
+1!

If we don't stand behind our outspoken champions of the cause soon no one will stand up at all...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinspeed View Post
Ditto.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:54   #40
hogfish
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutland View Post
Given his questionable statements, and his "strectching" of game laws, Ted should go. Send a simple email to your NRA field rep asking the NRA to do something to distance itself from the Nuge. This years NRA convention was the best ever, until Ted opened his mouth.

We now have a "spokesman" that has special friends in the secret service, and can't hunt on federal land, or in Alaska, for the next year.

A distraction and liability we don't need in 2012. Maybe he can insult stay at home moms next.
What did Ted say?

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538

Closed Thread