Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 11:10   #41
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockdude1 View Post

Youse asleep.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:14   #42
ColdSteelNail

I don't want a hate filled loud mouth speaking for me. Ted should go.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:25   #43
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfish View Post
What did Ted say?
Said something along the lines of "if obamas re-elected this time next year ill be dead or in jail."

Pretty stupid thing to say
Old 04-22-2012, 11:44   #44
KalashniKEV

I'm convinced that Nugent is a fifth columnist.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:14   #45
zoyter2
Yeah, so what?

Sorry. Unlike many here on GT, it takes more than fame, wealth and popularity to make me hit my knees and pucker up and kiss ass. I am old enough to remember Chas. Askins and how everyone ended up scrambling to distance themselves when he finally went to far.

Nugent need to go. Some of you guys really need to re-examine your criteria for hero worship. If Nugent is the best you can do, sorry for ya!
Old 04-22-2012, 12:15   #46
hogfish
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post
Said something along the lines of "if obamas re-elected this time next year ill be dead or in jail."

Pretty stupid thing to say
Damn, what a dumbass!

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
Old 04-22-2012, 12:19   #47
NewWaveGuy
BRAVIA 4 LIFE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post
The guy admittd to poaching, a crime. If any gt member came on here and said "hey i went poaching it was sweet" wed all shun them and call them an idiot but since its nugent everbody wants to support him?
Sounds about right...
"This chick can't kill me, I just didnt want her breaking my TV." - gh0st614
Old 04-22-2012, 13:09   #48
UnjollyRoger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoore View Post
Oh geez, anything to justify not parting with like 30 bucks a year huh guy? Do us a favor and sell your guns, we dont need anymore freeloaders riding our coattails.
I'll do you one better.

I gave $1,000 to the Gun Owners of America just for my initial membership, and I continue to pay a subsequent $50 a month to remain part of it.

How's that grab your coattails, huh guy?
Kalashnikov Klub #44
Old 04-22-2012, 13:13   #49
UnjollyRoger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirgi08 View Post
Hammer meet nail.
Wood meet chainsaw.
Kalashnikov Klub #44
Old 04-22-2012, 13:14   #50
3000fps

A family friend is in a high position of government. She is a Democrat and the NRA gave her money for her election fund. She is pro Gun.
Old 04-22-2012, 13:20   #51
jutland

I must be missing something

I just must be missing something. I am a life member of the NRA, have volunteered time and money, which every member should do, and consider myself "all in" for the election.

How can you defend his comments that intrigued the secret service, or his poaching? If he was a normal joe, it wouldn't matter, but he is a fricking board member, and a very good business person.

As spokesperson for a gun group and hunters, you don't

A. Make any statement that can ever be seen as potentially threatening to a president.

B. Poach.

If you do, you recognize that your a distraction, fall on your sword, and resign. Come back in a year or two when all is forgiven.

When I left the NRA convention, I thought he might be an asset. When I opened the paper later last week and then saw his comments I was stunned. The Alaska poaching thing is just mindboggling.

Hey, he is just being "Ted."
Old 04-22-2012, 13:26   #52
rls303

Ted Nugent is a joke and only makes all gun owners look bad !!!
Old 04-22-2012, 13:27   #53
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnjollyRoger View Post
I'll do you one better.

I gave $1,000 to the Gun Owners of America just for my initial membership, and I continue to pay a subsequent $50 a month to remain part of it.

You give money to GOA, where there only purpose is apparently to receive your money?

Well done. However, gun owners owe you no thanks.
Old 04-22-2012, 13:29   #54
Bren
NRA Life Member

As far as Ted, he was accused of hunting violations for things that would be perfectly legal and normal in many other states, including Kentucky. Heck, when deer season comes in here, every hunting store and Walmart has piles of "commercial bait" for deer and shooting a spike buck is perfectly legal...if the spikes are less than an inch, you can count it as a doe and you can then use your tag to kill another buck.

He got in trouble in California, with California Fish & Wildlife. You may as well start throwing stones at a guy who got caught in California with the wrong flash suppressor on his rifle or with an extended baseplate on his Glock 26 magazine.

Last edited by Bren; 04-22-2012 at 13:32..
Old 04-22-2012, 13:35   #55
UnjollyRoger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Well done. However, gun owners owe you no thanks.
I never said they did.
Kalashnikov Klub #44
Old 04-22-2012, 13:48   #56
bmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnjollyRoger View Post
I'll do you one better.

Wow neat, you have to be kidding right? Give us all the run down on the team of lawyers the GOA has fighting for you rights in washington year in and year out. Dont worry we will wait.
Old 04-22-2012, 13:54   #57
UnjollyRoger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoore View Post
Wow neat, you have to be kidding right? Give us all the run down on the team of lawyers the GOA has fighting for you rights in washington year in and year out. Dont worry we will wait.
My whole point is I give as much as anybody else, I'm not arguing that the NRA is not a good organization but anyone and everyone can tell they aren't what they used to be, I got tired of all the Charlton Heston crap, the newsletters, junk mail, junk emails, etc and signed up for a barebones organization.

Don't like who I donate my money to? You know where you can cram it.

Thanks, and have a wonderful day.
Kalashnikov Klub #44

Last edited by UnjollyRoger; 04-22-2012 at 13:54..
Old 04-22-2012, 14:05   #58
Silver_Bullet_00

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutland View Post
Given his questionable statements, and his "strectching" of game laws, Ted should go. Send a simple email to your NRA field rep asking the NRA to do something to distance itself from the Nuge. This years NRA convention was the best ever, until Ted opened his mouth.

We now have a "spokesman" that has special friends in the secret service, and can't hunt on federal land, or in Alaska, for the next year.

A distraction and liability we don't need in 2012. Maybe he can insult stay at home moms next.
The first Bear he shot at, but there was no blood trail. 4 days later he shot at another bear which he killed on his show. Alaska officials argued that he used his tag on the first bear, and the second bear was illegal. Apparently in Alaska if you shoot and your arrow just grazes the bear and doesn't hit him directly you have used your tag. Much more serious incidents get a slap on the wrist. He got a 1 year ban,10,000 dollar fine, and had to do a commercial. This is a pure political stunt!
Old 04-22-2012, 14:45   #59
Maxx702
Infamous Member

Surely Obama and Eric Holder would love to see the NRA drop Ted Nugent.

For that reason alone, I support him now more than ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Bullet_00 View Post
The first Bear he shot at, but there was no blood trail. 4 days later he shot at another bear which he killed on his show. Alaska officials argued that he used his tag on the first bear, and the second bear was illegal. Apparently in Alaska if you shoot and your arrow just grazes the bear and doesn't hit him directly you have used your tag. Much more serious incidents get a slap on the wrist. He got a 1 year ban,10,000 dollar fine, and had to do a commercial. This is a pure political stunt!

Yep.
Old 04-22-2012, 15:21   #60
fudiem
Lifetime Membership

For those of you that attended Ted's show at the convention, you know what he said was harmless when put into context. For those of you that didn't attend his show, you could take any portion of his monologue from that day and be offended.

As far as his hunting mistakes, I'm positive that none were made intentionally. I also know that ignorance is no excuse. He has hunting guides and employees that should also know the law.

I have sat down with Ted more than once and have had very nice conversations with him. You quickly discover that his on-air/infront of a crowd persona is strictly an attention-getter. He is still Uncle Ted to me.

As for the NRA VS. (Other Gun Org.), none of them are perfect but when the NRA speaks, congress listens. If you want to change things in your favorite organization, get involved and change them from within. With that said, I'm and Endowment Member of the NRA and have attended the last 4 conventions. I'm also a contributing member of the SAF and Knife Rights.

Closed Thread