SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 00:15   #1
Bryan2010x

Romney on gun control?

I saw this picture online, I figured I would get some of the boards feedback on it.

Political Issues
Old 04-23-2012, 00:59   #2
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Absolutely a concern to say the least.

However:

His opponent has said worse.

His stances were in line with where he lived (zipcode populism)
He would now be representing the US which has been solidly moving in the pro-gun, pro carry direction

He gave specific commitment to Ted Nugent that he is not supporting endorsing or planning on any anti-gun activity as President.

The Congress we have and expect to have in the coming election will not send him anything and he can't do much on his own.

He has bigger fish to fry…the economy will keep him busy.

As usual, not thrilled with Mittens but he's the least to worry about, BHO not facing re-election if he gets in.

But duly noted, thanks, most of us are already aware, and keeping a watchful eye.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:30   #3
RCP

I love how all the so called "conservatives" are trying to sweep Romneys record under the rug. Thats right, not what he's "said" but his RECORD, while Obama may have said some scary things pertaining to the 2nd Amendment Romney has not only said such things he has signed them into legislation! The most notable of them being the PERMANENT assault weapons ban he signed with a big smile on his face.

OP, you are wise to be concerned with Mitt Romney and his record as am I. Don't let the "anybody but Obama" crowd talk you into thinking Romney's record isn't a big deal and that he's somehow different now in his sentiments towards the 2nd Amendment. Of course Mitt Romney has pledged "commitment to Ted Nugent that he is not supporting endorsing or planning on any anti-gun activity as President", he has proven time over time that he will say ANYTHING to get elected and then flip flop when it's convenient for him.

I also think you should think about something else. Say Obama does get a second term, it's going to be impossible for him to push through any anti-gun legislation through the house and onto the soon to be controlled Republican Senate who will oppose him for no other reason than he's Obama. What do you think will happen if an anti-gun Republican president wants anti-gun legislation? Are you comfortable hoping that the Republican controlled Congress and soon to be Senate would oppose him? I'm not.

BTW-I've dedicated my sig line to Mitt Romneys attitude towards our 2nd Amendment rights.

Last edited by RCP; 04-23-2012 at 01:31..
Old 04-23-2012, 01:38   #4
RCP

Oh and if you don't believe me heres a whole collection of things Romney has said then proven otherwise with his record. Anyone who believes a word that comes out of his mouth is a fool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=W_pgfWK3sxw
Old 04-23-2012, 01:43   #5
CitizenOfDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
So what do you think his stance would be when he moves to zip code 20500?
Old 04-23-2012, 01:52   #6
F350

Quote:

The Congress we have and expect to have in the coming election will not send him anything and he can't do much on his own.
1} Did congress send HW Bush a bill to ban import of "non-sporting" rifles???

2} Did congress send Obummer a bill to block "re-importation" of 100s of thousands of M-1 Garands????

3} Did congress pass a bill to make having a single M-16 part in a AR-15 illegal?????

I don't trust the slicked back smooth talking SOB any further than I can throw him, but I'll take him over Obummer.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:34   #7
ricklee4570

http://aboutmittromney.com/celebrities.htm
Old 04-23-2012, 02:35   #8
ricklee4570

A much, much, much better option than Obama.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:12   #9
ricklee4570

http://news.yahoo.com/romney-spendin...120715130.html
Old 04-23-2012, 04:29   #10
Bren
NRA Life Member

I take all that bad stuff as true, but it all means he is still a better choice than a second-term Obama in the white house. Not to mention, you are talking about legislation - the president's function is to sign, veto or ignore it...as was Romney's function as governor.

It must be great, being a legislator, because the tendency people have to blame everything on 1 person means the governor/president gets the blame for all you do.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:07   #11
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Quote:

I think you'll find little difference between the zip codes of his major corporate donors and those of Obama's.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Por La Raza todo, Fuera de La Raza nada
Old 04-23-2012, 06:45   #12
JBnTX
JB in Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP View Post

Oh and if you don't believe me heres a whole collection of things Romney has said then proven otherwise with his record. Anyone who believes a word that comes out of his mouth is a fool....

Are you saying or implying that we should vote for Obama?
Old 04-23-2012, 10:04   #13
The Machinist
No Compromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Are you saying or implying that we should vote for Obama?
If you want to vote for the guy with a better record on gun control, then yes.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:18   #14
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Machinist View Post
If you want to vote for the guy with a better record on gun control, then yes.
Not only a better record, but less likely to succeed in pushing any gun control he does want. Although it's his last election, even the Democrats in Congress aren't going to let him "Bill Clinton" them out of their jobs.

Republicans congresscritters however, have shown they will support their prez no matter what, and why shouldn't they? They know their voters will still vote for them despite being repeatedly screwed over, as long as they can point to a Democrat boogeyman to scare them all into line.

If you think Obama is the last boogeyman you'll have to sell your soul to attempt to defeat, you're dreaming. The Republicans own you, and with the likes of Romney at the helm, they will push gun control where the Democrats can't.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:24   #15
mj9mm

i am much more concerned about the Demofarts, they follow a much more Dangerous crowd
Old 04-23-2012, 10:27   #16
grmnracing

This election is going to be a tough one. It's the lesser of two evils sort of speak. A vote for Obama and someone who doesn't vote at all is giving Obama the upper hand.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 04-23-2012, 10:34   #17
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmnracing View Post
This election is going to be a tough one. It's the lesser of two evils sort of speak. A vote for Obama and someone who doesn't vote at all is giving Obama the upper hand.
You think the next one will be easier? As we follow this path, the next two candidates will make Obama and Romney look like Reagan and Goldwater. You will pray for a Republican candidate as "conservative" as Obama is now, and you won't get it.

Sound far fetched? Take a good look at who you're voting for in Romney.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:41   #18
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

I'll take a first (and hopefully only) term mitt over a second term Barry. Not what I would like, but it is better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:43   #19
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Not only a better record, but less likely to succeed in pushing any gun control he does want. Although it's his last election, even the Democrats in Congress aren't going to let him "Bill Clinton" them out of their jobs.

Republicans congresscritters however, have shown they will support their prez no matter what, and why shouldn't they? They know their voters will still vote for them despite being repeatedly screwed over, as long as they can point to a Democrat boogeyman to scare them all into line.

If you think Obama is the last boogeyman you'll have to sell your soul to attempt to defeat, you're dreaming. The Republicans own you, and with the likes of Romney at the helm, they will push gun control where the Democrats can't.

Republican presidents don't always get what they want. Remember Harriet Miers? The likely future picks from Barry are enough to steer clear of Barry.

--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:32   #20
wjv

Or maybe all of you should try reading this froa different perspective:

http://www.goal.org/newspages/romney.html

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -

Closed Thread