SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-24-2012, 15:11   #1
DOC44

Dershowitz: Zimmerman prosecutors should be investigated

Quote:
Dershowitz said he believes the Florida prosecution, may be guilty of committing an ethical violation, and potentially may have committed a criminal act by charging Zimmerman with second degree murder. If the prosecution had access to a photograph showing the bloodied head of Mr. Zimmerman, taken immediately after the incident on February 26, there was no basis for a second degree murder charge, according to Dershowitz. If it were proven that the prosecution had access to the photograph, and filed a second degree murder charge anyway, Dershowitz believes they may be guilty of subornation of perjury which is a very serious charge.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ders...a-criminal-act

Doc44

Last edited by DOC44; 04-24-2012 at 15:15..
DOC44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 15:40   #2
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

um yeah, sure. riiiiight.

zimmerman has the political and racist machines against him, both of which supercede the law.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 16:15   #3
jtull7
Pistolero

Ah, Dershowitz. He is an absolute bomb-throwing liberal and media-hound, who can always be counted upon to give a radical sound-bite or quote.

BTW, prosecutors in most states have almost iron-clad immunity for actions they take in the scope of their duties. If not, every indicted person would try to bring a civil suit, claim ethics violations, and trying to bring criminal charges. Dershowitz knows this quite well.

Every day I face Ogden, Utah, and pray that God might bless John Moses Browning.

Outpost Member #69 I collect and shoot many fine firearms. CCW: NM, CT, and NH. N5JHT. WFR. Former LEO. SAR. Bilateral trans-tibial amputee. Survivor of bubonic plague. Tough sum-*****.
jtull7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 17:24   #4
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtull7 View Post
Ah, Dershowitz. He is an absolute bomb-throwing liberal and media-hound, who can always be counted upon to give a radical sound-bite or quote.
This is usually true, but in this case he's on the right side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtull7 View Post
BTW, prosecutors in most states have almost iron-clad immunity for actions they take in the scope of their duties.
There are still ethical standards that need to be adhered to.
G29Reload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:53   #5
Brucev

Dershowitz is a the epitome of all that together is the most extreme negative stereotype of a lawyer. It is not possible to consider anything he says about anything to be anything but a waste of time.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:26   #6
Bren
NRA Life Member

The prosecutor has done some questionable things, but I don't see anything likely to get a prosecutor in trouble in the real world.

Want an example? A very well known KY prosecutor: (
) is going to be on Investigation Discovery Thursday night (http://www.kentucky.com/2012/04/24/2...-featured.html) about a very high profile murder case here (U.K. Wildcat football player murdered). After the trial, it came to light that an FBI lab tech had lied about firearm/ammo evidence during the initial trial and the prosecutor knew about it and kept it quiet.

He's as popular as ever and the worst thing that happened to him or anybody in his office was the judge talking mean to them.

Should be an interesting show.

I say again, the first lawyer somebody needs to deal with in the Zimmerman case, on ethical issues, in Benjamin Crump.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:32   #7
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucev View Post
Dershowitz is a the epitome of all that together is the most extreme negative stereotype of a lawyer. It is not possible to consider anything he says about anything to be anything but a waste of time.
I think that's a little over the top, even from my point of view. My office (not me, personally) has had a case against him, coming out of the "innocence project" BS. There was nothing that unusual about him or his associates, except that his name excites the press. Besides that and some knowledge of how to litigate a civil case, they could have been local public defenders (who like to involve themselves in random civil cases).

However, I am especially surprised that you object to him - I would have though his politics were fairly in line with yours. I'd expect him to be more disliked by the farther right GTers.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:40   #8
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
... However, I am especially surprised that you object to him - I would have though his politics were fairly in line with yours. I'd expect him to be more disliked by the farther right GTers.
We like to break out the when liberals eat their own ....

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:15   #9
greenman19

[QUOTE=Bren;18889039]The prosecutor has done some questionable things, but I don't see anything likely to get a prosecutor in trouble in the real world.

The D A in Durham, NC was held accountable. they recently fired another in the same town.
greenman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:28   #10
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
The prosecutor has done some questionable things, but I don't see anything likely to get a prosecutor in trouble in the real world.

The D A in Durham, NC was held accountable. they recently fired another in the same town.
In the Duke case, Nifong CONCEALED evidence; that's why he got slammed by the system.

Whatever one's feelings about Dershowitz, if HE says your action is ill-considered, you should at least recheck your audit trail.

Last edited by samurairabbi; 04-25-2012 at 08:29..
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:47   #11
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenman19 View Post
Quote:
At this point, there is a huge, huge difference between any questionable decisions by the Zimmerman prosecutor and by that scumbag in NC (who, I think, is no longer a lawyer).
Old 04-25-2012, 14:37   #12
DOC44

FOX interview with Dershowitz

Doc44
Old 04-25-2012, 15:58   #13
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Dershowitz: Prosecutor in Trayvon Martin case overreached with murder charge

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/25...murder-charge/
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 22:51   #14
hyperstyx

Several days ago I suggested that the State's pursuit in Zimmerman case was verging on actionable malicious prosecution. It would behoove those unfamiliar with this Florida law to get acquainted. Of the six elements required to establish malicious prosecution, five appear to be present...and the remaining one is likely forthcoming.

Dershowitz's speculation on subornation of perjury is separate, but fits well and adds to the element of malice.
Old 04-25-2012, 22:57   #15
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Dang, Hyperstyx! You sure hurl dem big words around real purrty!
Old 04-25-2012, 23:03   #16
DocCasualty

[/
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperstyx View Post
Several days ago I suggested that the State's pursuit in Zimmerman case was verging on actionable malicious prosecution. It would behoove those unfamiliar with this Florida law to get acquainted. Of the six elements required to establish malicious prosecution, five appear to be present...and the remaining one is likely forthcoming.

Dershowitz's speculation on subornation of perjury is separate, but fits well and adds to the element of malice.
Can you expound for those of us not familiar with FL law?
----------------

Okay, found this:
Quote:
Under Florida case law, six separate elements must be proved in a malicious prosecution claim or the case may be dismissed:
An original civil or criminal action was commenced;
The original action was filed by the defendant in the new malicious prosecution action;
The original action ended with a ruling in favor of the plaintiff who is bringing the malicious prosecution action;
The original action was instigated with malice;
The original action was instigated without probable cause; and
The original action resulted in damages to the person bringing the malicious prosecution action.

Last edited by DocCasualty; 04-25-2012 at 23:40.. Reason: Okay, found this:
DocCasualty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 23:42   #17
CAcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
This is usually true, but in this case he's on the right side.

There are still ethical standards that need to be adhered to.
You realize you just said "ethical standards" in a thread about lawyers, right?

They wrote those with the intent of looking good but still giving them the opportunity to make money.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 00:20   #18
Gunnut 45/454

Her very words showed it to be Malicius prosecution- "We're here to find justice for Trayvon!!" No your not - your there to find the truth! And apply the law as written. When she didn't include the photo of his injuries to gain the warrent for arrest! Thats purjury! I can't wait for a jury to get this case and rip the prosecution to hell and back for not following the law! A good judge should shut this BS down real quick.
Old 04-26-2012, 00:35   #19
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
Her very words showed it to be Malicius prosecution- "We're here to find justice for Trayvon!!" No your not - your there to find the truth! And apply the law as written. When she didn't include the photo of his injuries to gain the warrent for arrest! Thats purjury! I can't wait for a jury to get this case and rip the prosecution to hell and back for not following the law! A good judge should shut this BS down real quick.
It's going to depend on the jury, and how well each team tells their story.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:54   #20
Brucev

Quote:
I think that's a little over the top, even from my point of view. My office (not me, personally) has had a case against him, coming out of the "innocence project" BS. There was nothing that unusual about him or his associates, except that his name excites the press. Besides that and some knowledge of how to litigate a civil case, they could have been local public defenders (who like to involve themselves in random civil cases).

However, I am especially surprised that you object to him - I would have though his politics were fairly in line with yours. I'd expect him to be more disliked by the farther right GTers.
From my POV, the statement made is restrained. It is not a matter of politics. It stems from his partisan involvement in academic matters.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote