SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-30-2014, 20:45   #1
russelldehart
El Tamalon

Going to St. Louis this weekend...

I'll be going to the Forest park concerts and I was wondering if this is a no-carry zone since it will likely attract a crowd of 5000 or more? The way the law reads to me it should only apply to sporting arenas but I thought I should probably check.

Also if I take the bus from the hotel to the park can I unload and take it with me on the bus?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
russelldehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 20:53   #2
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Hell no. Carrying on a bus in MO is a felony.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 20:54   #3
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Take a cab, and call the organizers and ask what the expected crowd will be.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:23   #4
russelldehart
El Tamalon

Thanks for the advice.
russelldehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 16:59   #5
moglk47

I would not go there unarmed!!!!! Just keep it concealed, not a good neighborhood.
moglk47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 14:58   #6
BMyers

MO no carry signs require that you be asked to leave and if you don't you will be charged with trespassing.

When it comes to public transportation, MO law is very strict and definitely would not recommend carrying on any public transportation (bus, Metro).

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/missouri.pdf
BMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 15:00   #7
BMyers

Carrying of a concealed firearm in a location specified in subdivisions (1) to (17) of subsection 1 of this section by any individual who holds a concealed carry permit issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121 shall not be a criminal act but may subject the person to denial to the premises or removal from the premises. If such person refuses to leave the premises and a peace officer is summoned, such person may be issued a citation for an amount not to exceed one hundred dollars for the first offense. If a second citation for a similar violation occurs within a six-month period, such person shall be fined an amount not to exceed two hundred dollars and his or her permit to carry concealed firearms shall be suspended for a period of one year. If a third citation for a similar violation is issued within one year of the first citation, such person shall be fined an amount not to exceed five hundred dollars and shall have his or her concealed carry permit revoked and such person shall not be eligible for a concealed carry permit for a period of three years.
Old 07-04-2014, 15:01   #8
BMyers

Any passenger who boards a bus with a dangerous or deadly weapon or other means capable of inflicting serious bodily injury concealed upon his person or effects is guilty of the felony of "possession and concealment of a dangerous or deadly weapon" upon a bus. Possession and concealment of a dangerous and
deadly weapon by a passenger upon a bus shall be a class C felony. The provisions of this subsection shall not apply to duly elected or appointed law enforcement officers or commercial security personnel who are in possession of weapons used within the course and scope of their employment; nor shall the provisions of this subsection apply to persons who are in possession of weapons or other means of inflicting serious bodily injury with the consent of the owner of such bus, or his agent, or the lessee or bailee of such bus.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:38   #9
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick!

The person limitation is for the Stadium capacity; not the actual crowd size.

As others have mentioned' don't carry on the bus!!

Otherwise, enjoy the show!

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632
The 10 Ring #00720

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. JTull7
R.I.P. Mullah (aka El_Ron1) ~ R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 20:30   #10
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
I JUST moved back from STL to Wichita and had lived in STL for 8 years. We loved living there.

That being said.... I carried everywhere I could. The town is nice but you will want to simply be "aware" of your surroundings. There are lots of places in town that are GREAT, with very low crime, even.... but some of those neighborhoods are only a few blocks from bad neighborhoods.

I carried anytime I was in Forest Park or ANY large gathering in public, out in the open. Forest Park is so beautiful .... I'm sure you will agree! The only times I WASN'T armed was when I was having a few drinks. Obviously the pistol stayed at home those evenings. As far as carrying there.... the most anyone could do in a place like that is tell you to leave.... but I don't think you will have any issues. I personally knew LOTS and LOTS of people who legally CCW'ed in STL. No prob.

As others have said, stay away from the bus with your CCW. Take a cab! They are much nicer anyways.

HAVE FUN! Its a nice, FUN town!
10 Ring #1033 - Longslide #1045 - 10mm Loader #1066

Why do I carry a 10mm?
“Because a 9mm only kills your body… the 10mm kills your soul.”
nickE10mm is offline   Reply With Quote